Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
S
Campfire 'Bwana
OP Offline
Campfire 'Bwana
S
Caught a little bit of this on the news, apparently there's an online map with pins where the pit bulls, er, I mean dangerous animals are, and if you click on the pin a photo of the dog pops up. So that if you see the animal loose you can report it.

Sounds good to me.

A wise man is frequently humbled.

G
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
G
I hunted in the Texas Hill Country back in the early 90’s. One of the guys on the lease was scared to death he was going to get ate walking to his stand by a lion, Tiger, large cat that escaped or been turned loose as a pet and was running loose. Back then there were quite a few people, Austin, San Antonio area that had big cats for pets. This guy was terrified he was going to get ate.

Thanks, Billy
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
When this was discussed in the local media a few weeks back IIRC they said that Austin already had such a registry in place.

Couldn’t hurt but it ain’t gonna help much, less than a drop in the bucket that ain’t gonna touch all the first time offenders that were such a nice dog until they weren’t.

"...if the gentlemen of Virginia shall send us a dozen of their sons, we would take great care in their education, instruct them in all we know, and make men of them." Canasatego 1744
W
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
W
Originally Posted by smokepole
Caught a little bit of this on the news, apparently there's an online map with pins where the pit bulls, er, I mean dangerous animals are, and if you click on the pin a photo of the dog pops up. So that if you see the animal loose you can shoot it.

Sounds good to me.

FIFY

S
Campfire 'Bwana
OP Offline
Campfire 'Bwana
S
True Birdwatcher, but a lot of the reports of attacks I've seen said the animals had a history of getting loose. This could put an end to that, or at least force the owners to secure the animals.

IC B2

S
Campfire 'Bwana
OP Offline
Campfire 'Bwana
S
Originally Posted by Wannabebwana
Caught a little bit of this on the news, apparently there's an online map with pins where the pit bulls, er, I mean dangerous animals are, and if you click on the pin a photo of the dog pops up. So that if you see the animal loose you can shoot it.

Sounds good to me.

FIFY

Yep, discharging a firearm inside city limits because a dog is loose is always a good plan.

J
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
J
I'm not saying that any pitbull shouldn't be regarded as potentially dangerous. I really don't trust them and never will.
Having said that, I had been seeing a pit standing in the street outside of my driveway, and I make sure the gate is closed.
Then I noticed that every afternoon he walks alone to the corner and sits and quietly waits for his kids to get off of the school bus.

"No good deed shall go unpunished!"
S
Campfire 'Bwana
OP Offline
Campfire 'Bwana
S
Originally Posted by JeffyD
I'm not saying that any pitbull shouldn't be regarded as potentially dangerous. I really don't trust them and never will.
Having said that, I had been seeing a pit standing in the street outside of my driveway, and I make sure the gate is closed.
Then I noticed that every afternoon he walks alone to the corner and sits and quietly waits for his kids to get off of the school bus.

Your choice to report, or not.

J
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
J

Nope, won't do that. My property is completely fenced in. He has met my dog and showed no aggression.
But I pity the fool who might try to mess with his kids.

H
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
H
San Antonio is going to register dummycraps and publish their addresses? Sounds like a great idea to me! Nothing like knowing where the enemy lives!

Ignorance can be fixed. Stupid is forever!
IC B3

S
Campfire 'Bwana
OP Offline
Campfire 'Bwana
S

Nope, won't do that.

Won't do what, report, or not? Both are options.

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Sounds like a good use for taxpayer money.

Dogs are top predator inside city limits, but once they pass the sign...........

Roy

What this world needs is a few more Rednecks.

The Dildō Of Consequence Rarely Arrives Lubed

Waterboarding isn't illegal if you use diesel

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter

That's impressive, dogs go to school on a the bus?

grin grin

Roy

What this world needs is a few more Rednecks.

The Dildō Of Consequence Rarely Arrives Lubed

Waterboarding isn't illegal if you use diesel

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Anything that can discourage keeping dangerous animals, I’m all in.

I've killed so many in surrounding counties I should start a recipe book.

Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna

Lol, approach those kids once, lol, I dare you........

Paul

"I'd rather see a sermon than hear a sermon".... D.A.D.

Trump Won!, Sandmann Won!, Rittenhouse Won!, Suck it Liberal Fuuktards.

molɔ̀ːn labé skýla

E
Campfire Greenhorn
Campfire Greenhorn
E
Just put up a sign that says "No loose dogs". Works for guns.

J
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
J
Originally Posted by LRoyJetson

That's impressive, dogs go to school on a the bus?

grin grin

Duhh. Dog lovers would understand what I mean by "his kids". 🙄

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

105 members (1_deuce, 10gaugemag, 300_savage, 2ndwind, 10Glocks, 18 invisible), 1,625 guests, and 977 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,192,242
Posts18,485,916
Members73,967
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.