Page 2 of 2 1 2
A
Campfire 'Bwana
Online Content
Campfire 'Bwana
A
Originally Posted by Snowwolfe
Read this on another site today:
HB621 was passed unanimously by the FL legislature yesterday. The bill gives property owners a clear way to have squatters immediately removed from their property. The bill also makes intentional destruction of the property in excess of $1000 a second degree felony, and making false claims in writing (e.g. false leases or deeds) a first degree misdemeanor. The property owner needs to file a complaint with an affidavit of ownership to the sheriff who will be authorized to remove the occupiers immediately. The affidavit the owner supplies has conditions the owner must affirm to make sure the process isn't abused for something like evicting tenants. It is specifically limited to removing squatters.

Just needs DeSantis to sign, which is a given, and it takes effect on 7/1. One more reason making FL a less desirable location for illegals, and grifters in general.

Nice to see a state government with some common sense.

Providing a false lease or false deed need to be a felony, a very big felony with a long mandatory minimum sentence.

You didn't use logic or reason to get into this opinion, I cannot use logic or reason to get you out of it.

You cannot over estimate the unimportance of nearly everything. John Maxwell

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Okay this sounds like good news but once he signs it order them losers go... The only way to fix this is a double up the active ingredient in whatever they're taking 30 days later it'll fix itself

I work harder than a ugly stripper....
T
Campfire Sage
Campfire Sage
T
Originally Posted by las
What's with that 25 million figure? That's likely just the invaders over the last 3 years, when there were already up to 40 million prior illegals in the US.

We need a national cleansing.
Easy enough, if we didn't have traitors in power over us. Very simple, really. Just make it too costly for anyone to employ them or provide them any services. Their status is "illegally in the country." That should mean that as soon as they are discovered, they get picked up and sent packing. All it takes is to have non-traitors running our government. That's it. In this day and age, though, it seems that's asking for a lot.

B
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
B
Originally Posted by antelope_sniper
Originally Posted by Snowwolfe
Read this on another site today:
HB621 was passed unanimously by the FL legislature yesterday. The bill gives property owners a clear way to have squatters immediately removed from their property. The bill also makes intentional destruction of the property in excess of $1000 a second degree felony, and making false claims in writing (e.g. false leases or deeds) a first degree misdemeanor. The property owner needs to file a complaint with an affidavit of ownership to the sheriff who will be authorized to remove the occupiers immediately. The affidavit the owner supplies has conditions the owner must affirm to make sure the process isn't abused for something like evicting tenants. It is specifically limited to removing squatters.

Just needs DeSantis to sign, which is a given, and it takes effect on 7/1. One more reason making FL a less desirable location for illegals, and grifters in general.

Nice to see a state government with some common sense.

Providing a false lease or false deed need to be a felony, a very big felony with a long mandatory minimum sentence.

Agreed

MAGA
T
Campfire Sage
Campfire Sage
T
Originally Posted by BillyGoatGruff
Originally Posted by antelope_sniper

Agreed
Yep.

IC B2

S
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
S
just go in your house a shoot them

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by Jim_Conrad
That sonofabitch DeSantis.....

Yeah! But he's still part of the corporate cabal! /s <--- for the sarcasm impaired.

Carpe' Scrotum
I
Campfire Regular
Online Content
Campfire Regular
I
So how would it work if the owners who had a big bad dog moved in with them? They might decide to move out.

R
Campfire Kahuna
Online Content
Campfire Kahuna
R
Originally Posted by steveredd1
just go in your house a shoot them
THAT!

Ex- USN (SS) '66-'69
Pro-Constitution.
LET'S GO BRANDON!!!
Campfire Kahuna
Online Content
Campfire Kahuna
Originally Posted by Leanwolf
Rock Chuck, do you know if Idaho has a law forbidding "squatters?"

L.W.
I looked that up a few years ago. If I remember right, there is such a law but getting rid of them takes some time. You have to go through a bunch of hoops before the sheriff can evict them. This new FL law looks a lot better. I'd suggest filling a freezer with dead cats. If you have a squatter problem, thaw out the cats and throw them under the house.

“In a time of deceit telling the truth is a revolutionary act.”
― George Orwell

It's not over when you lose. It's over when you quit.
IC B3

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by Rock Chuck

L.W.
I looked that up a few years ago. If I remember right, there is such a law but getting rid of them takes some time. You have to go through a bunch of hoops before the sheriff can evict them. This new FL law looks a lot better. I'd suggest filling a freezer with dead cats. If you have a squatter problem, thaw out the cats and throw them under the house.

Thanks, Rock Chuck. No problem with my house as I am here 99% of the time. I go to the gym, supermarket, bank, post office, and library. That's the extent of being away from my house. But I know two different people on my block who go away for the winter and their houses are empty until they return. I hope they do not become saddled with squatters.

L.W.

"Always go straight forward, and if you meet the devil, cut him in two and go between the pieces." (William Sturgis, clipper ship captain, 1830s.)
P
Campfire Outfitter
Online Content
Campfire Outfitter
P
Originally Posted by Rock Chuck

L.W.

there goes the extra cat meat in chow mein

LIFE NRA , we vote Red up here, Norseman
C
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
C
I am all for that bill. I would also see better eviction rights for land owners. If you don’t pay for 3 months you are gone or a felony + wage or tax return garnishment until landlord is paid in full

People are enabled these days to be pieces of [bleep].

Page 2 of 2 1 2

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

554 members (10Glocks, 01Foreman400, 1lessdog, 17CalFan, 10gaugemag, 06hunter59, 62 invisible), 2,478 guests, and 1,139 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,192,398
Posts18,488,906
Members73,970
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.