Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Page 6 of 9 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9
E
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
E
Hmm are Leopold great demand counted as sales take into account the many display models setting on showroom floors of the Cabelas, Scheels, etc. using floor financing and prearranged display agreements?

why can't I just see all the 5x20 scopes regardless of maker on the same shelf?

Most people don't have what it takes to get old
GB1

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Do the March.
[Linked Image from i.postimg.cc]
Ive got thousands rounds on this one and its twin.
Never a issue.

dave

[Linked Image]

Only accurate rifles are interesting.
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
I’m looking forward to peeling the NightFarce NX8 capped FFP Mil/Mil 1-8x with FC-DMx reticle open and seeing WTF. Hint.

I am thus far lukewarm on the Trijicon 1-8x HD. Hint.

Just sayin’………..

Brad says: "Can't fault Rick for his pity letting you back on the fire... but pity it was and remains. Nothing more, nothing less. A sad little man in a sad little dream."
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by JohnBurns
Originally Posted by koshkin
They seem to be falling a little behind on product development at the moment. Hopefully, they will start releasing something new soon or they will Leupold themselves into a tricky situation.

ILya

Snipped your post down just to address this point.

Many simply don't understand the volume of scopes Leupold sells. When a company sells everything it can produce before it is produced on has to wonder what more can be done so using "Leupold" as a verb is sort of strange in that context.

Leupold just released the new MK 4 line which has met with, litterally, unprecedented demand. Off the charts level of demand.

I get that it's sort of a hobby here to be against the biggest player in the scope market but to act like Leupold is behind in inovation is simply silly.
Originally Posted by Teal
To be fair tho - demand isn't a measurement for innovation.

Tacomas have very high demand but they are NOT innovative. Push rod v6 with low hp/tq and fuel mileage, manual trans, body on frame etc. High demand, well behind the curve in innovation. People buy them IN SPITE of this.

That said - end of the day a scope has 1 maybe 2 jobs - ensure the bullet goes where you intend it via the crosshairs. Outside of clarity and robustness, what else can/should be improved in a riflescope as we currently know it? Automatic ranging maybe?

I was addressing the false idea Leupold was not innovating. The fact that such innovation in the new MK 4 has produced massive demand is simply one more data point.

The Tacoma anology is much more inline with Leupolds older VX-3 product lines which still enjoy huge demand but are older using well older proven tech.

As you have admitted you are not much of a scope guy so I understand why you would try and use a poor anology.

What can be improved on is the cost of top line performance. That's were the MK 4 is a stand out.

Originally Posted by Big Stick
Reupold is sooooo fhuqked up,they fixed the erector in my Spotting Scope. Hint.

Fhuqking LAUGHING!………….

Lil Fish,

The fact you don't understand that all spotting scopes have an erector to flip the image, and Leupold installs the reticle in the erector on the spotting scopes, is always good for a smile.

Keep on being you.

[Linked Image from external-content.duckduckgo.com]

John Burns

I have all the sources.
They can't stop the signal.

Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
Squirms,

Bless your heart for TRYING. Hint.

Fhuqking LAUGHING!………..

Brad says: "Can't fault Rick for his pity letting you back on the fire... but pity it was and remains. Nothing more, nothing less. A sad little man in a sad little dream."
IC B2

Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
They seem to be falling a little behind on product development at the moment. Hopefully, they will start releasing something new soon or they will Leupold themselves into a tricky situation.

ILya

Many simply don't understand the volume of scopes Leupold sells. When a company sells everything it can produce before it is produced on has to wonder what more can be done so using "Leupold" as a verb is sort of strange in that context.

Leupold just released the new MK 4 line which has met with, litterally, unprecedented demand. Off the charts level of demand.

I get that it's sort of a hobby here to be against the biggest player in the scope market but to act like Leupold is behind in inovation is simply silly.

Tacomas have very high demand but they are NOT innovative. Push rod v6 with low hp/tq and fuel mileage, manual trans, body on frame etc. High demand, well behind the curve in innovation. People buy them IN SPITE of this.

That said - end of the day a scope has 1 maybe 2 jobs - ensure the bullet goes where you intend it via the crosshairs. Outside of clarity and robustness, what else can/should be improved in a riflescope as we currently know it? Automatic ranging maybe?

I was addressing the false idea Leupold was not innovating. The fact that such innovation in the new MK 4 has produced massive demand is simply one more data point.

The Tacoma anology is much more inline with Leupolds older VX-3 product lines which still enjoy huge demand but are older using well older proven tech.

As you have admitted you are not much of a scope guy so I understand why you would try and use a poor anology.

What can be improved on is the cost of top line performance. That's were the MK 4 is a stand out.

Fhuqking LAUGHING!………….

Lil Fish,

The fact you don't understand that all spotting scopes have an erector to flip the image, and Leupold installs the reticle in the erector on the spotting scopes, is always good for a smile.

Keep on being you.

DEMAND is not a proxy for INNOVATION. That has nothing to do with scopes, it an economic/business principle. If I introduced a tire for 11 bucks a set that was basically just a Goodyear from 2 years ago - demand would go through the roof but I've not innovated a damned thing when it comes to the tire.

What's innovative for the new line? Not innovative compared to Leupold's current wares - innovative compared to the industry. What's the MK4 doing at their price point that no other scope brand can do at the same price point? Performance wise.

More performance for lower consumer cost can be simply producing a line at a loss if you have the wallet and will. "Loss Leader" is a real term/thing. That's not innovation unless they ALSO increased/maintained margin. Have they?

Me

K
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
K
Riar Rarry is still trying to pawn off the story of the "puked" spotting scope. LOL. Take that chit to comedy castle.

Smash the hell out of it so bad that they have to replace the main tube, eyepiece assembly, and objective assembly, and send it back. Guess what, they fixed it. LOL. And he still puts on his bitching britches.

Try that with a yellow born optic. They would say "fruck yu, funny American. No warranty for yu."

Last edited by KenMi; 03/07/24.
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
At least you can “afford” to “live” vicariously…you “lucky” kchunt. Hint. Congratulations?!?

Fhuqking LAUGHING!……….

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter

ILya

Fhuqking LAUGHING!………….

Lil Fish,

Keep on being you.

DEMAND is not a proxy for INNOVATION. That has nothing to do with scopes, it an economic/business principle. If I introduced a tire for 11 bucks a set that was basically just a Goodyear from 2 years ago - demand would go through the roof but I've not innovated a damned thing when it comes to the tire.

What's innovative for the new line? Not innovative compared to Leupold's current wares - innovative compared to the industry. What's the MK4 doing at their price point that no other scope brand can do at the same price point? Performance wise.

More performance for lower consumer cost can be simply producing a line at a loss if you have the wallet and will. "Loss Leader" is a real term/thing. That's not innovation unless they ALSO increased/maintained margin. Have they?

LOL.

If you don't understand why the MK 4 is innovative it's not the scope for you. Lots of scopes these days so pick something different to not buy.

Save some Leupold for the rest of us because they are behind in production for the massive demand.

I don't have any interest in the current MK 4 line up but I understand why there is such a large demand. Feature set for the price and Made in USA.

"Loss Leader" and Leupold are terms I have never seen anyone in the industry use in the same sentence so that made me smile.

John Burns

I have all the sources.

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
from Lowlight on Snipers Hide.

Every year they seem to get farther and farther away from what made them the company worthy of the reputation they have, which I personally feel is no longer warranted.

The shear number of them we see problems with is staggering, on military weapons systems no less. They seem to be completely out of touch with the shooter, all shooters, Civilian, Law Enforcement, and Military.

Unfortunately people still flock to their products based on the past reputation, regardless of the fact their current products don't hold up to that standard.
LL

[Linked Image]

Only accurate rifles are interesting.
IC B3

Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
Reupold doesn’t even try anymore. Shame. Hint………

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Hill Country Rifles hasn't recommended Leupold's for well over a decade because they don't track nor hold zero. And within that time frame Matt and Greg have gone all in on building nothing but accurate LR and "tacticool" rifles. They might know a thing or two.... and build more (considerably more) than 50 rifles per year. wink

J
Campfire Ranger
OP Offline
Campfire Ranger
J
Agree Fost, HCR is a superb outfit.

It is irrelevant what you think. What matters is the TRUTH.
A
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
A
Leopold "made in USA " is a farce. Assembled in the USA is not the same thing

[Linked Image from i.postimg.cc]
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by FOsteology
Hill Country Rifles hasn't recommended Leupold's for well over a decade because they don't track nor hold zero. And within that time frame Matt and Greg have gone all in on building nothing but accurate LR and "tacticool" rifles. They might know a thing or two.... and build more (considerably more) than 50 rifles per year. wink

The "Appeal to Authority" fallacy gets used quite a bit here on the Campfire because so many simply don't have any real world experience in the subject matter so they glom on to anything that feeds their already established bias.

Litterally in the last few posts there are 2 such posts.

Meanwhile Leupold is dominating PRS and the new MK 4 is a huge success.

I get a smile out of how disconected from the real shooting world are many here on the Campfire. But it never stops them from saying silly things.

Always wrong but never in doubt is a fun phrase. grin

John Burns

I have all the sources.

K
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
K

ILya

Leupold used to be the biggest player in the scope market. They aren't any more because they were sitting on their laurels for too long. They are in the top three, but not close to the top in terms of volume. They lost their market lead. Then they lost a bunch of key people. The finally got off their ass in the last few years, and I like most of their newer stuff.

ILya

Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
Originally Posted by alwaysoutdoors
Leopold "made in USA " is a farce. Assembled in the USA is not the same thing

They must make something in the US - open reqs for Machinists - start at 20-24 an hour with assemblers making 17 an hour.

I don't know how that compares to the area for them. I will say, that's less than my son is making as a Machinist with 1 year's experience (all OJT) and the difference between where he lives and the Portland area is 31% more expensive to live there than here.

Me

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Leupold used to be the biggest player in the scope market. They aren't any more because they were sitting on their laurels for too long. They are in the top three, but not close to the top in terms of volume. They lost their market lead. Then they lost a bunch of key people. The finally got off their ass in the last few years, and I like most of their newer stuff.

ILya

Feel free to cite your sources.

Rifle scopes are the topic of discussion.

John Burns

I have all the sources.

Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
Just hired a 19yr old,fresh off the farm at $28. Anything after 8hrs and weekends are straight OT. 5% 401k on day one,killer Insurance and at least 90hrs a week,with 6wks vacation a year. Hint.

Reupold’s Flagship MK5 HD is farrrr and away THE worst tracking piece of fhuqking schit I have ever seen. It’s a $2000 Goat Fhuqk. Hint.

Just sayin’……….

Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
Originally Posted by FOsteology

The "Appeal to Authority" fallacy gets used quite a bit here on the Campfire because so many simply don't have any real world experience in the subject matter so they glom on to anything that feeds their already established bias.

Litterally in the last few posts there are 2 such posts.

Meanwhile Leupold is dominating PRS and the new MK 4 is a huge success.

I get a smile out of how disconected from the real shooting world are many here on the Campfire. But it never stops them from saying silly things.

Always wrong but never in doubt is a fun phrase. grin

Business is not shooting. They're different. PRS wise, define "dominate" - Dale Rhodes is #1 right now with his NF, Keith Baker #2 with Zero Compromise, Patrick Young #3 with Leupold, then Ted Clark with Tangent Theta and #5 is Lee Stevens, also with Tangent Theta. While the Leup MK5 HD has the most using it (335) , add up Vortex's 3 models (magnification ranges) represented and it goes past Leupold by ~100. (Vortex is at 434)

Unless the CFO showing you the books, you don't really know if it's a financial success. You know what you've been told by someone whose best interest it is to put on the good face to the industry.

They're 270mm in revenue. 6% FTE growth over the last 2 years. With a company ~500, that's 30-40 people at the most depending. Looking at their posted job openings for the last 6 months. Growth - 0% in operations, 0% engineering, 100% in QA tho.

Me

Page 6 of 9 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

72 members (Amos63, 808outdoors, 2500HD, 7mm_Loco, 257robertsimp, 10 invisible), 1,377 guests, and 780 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,192,118
Posts18,483,502
Members73,966
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.