Hop To
A
AGL4now Online Content OP
Campfire Regular
OP Online Content
Campfire Regular
A
Thanksgiving weekend: Long ago.

We got two of the goats in the PA-12 (that is a Piper aircraft) and this is the off the charts part of this specific account, the two goats were in the plane, and I was ordered to climb in as best I could on top of the two Mt. Goats, and "Hold-on". I had wrongly assumed he would fly the goats out, and return to get me.

I could only get less than halfway into the PA-12 but held onto the top goat, and we flew back to Birchwood Airport, with my belly-button and lower parts hanging out of the door of the PA-12. I was face down in bloody goat with legs a butt sticking straight out the side of the plane, ice cold November air blowing up my pants legs. I would yell, "I am slipping", and he would reach around grab my belt and help hold me in.

It was a very cold and frightening flight.

I have hundreds of these accounts, from all over Alaska, in the last 55 years. Looking for someone skilled at recording them.

ALASKA is a "HARD COUNTRY for OLDMEN". (But if you live it wide'ass open, balls'to the wall, the pedal floored, full throttle, it is a delightful place, to finally just sit-back and savor those memories while sipping Tequila).
GB1

S
Campfire Member
Campfire Member
S
Usually fiction authors write their own books.

S
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
S
Harvesting is just a liberal pussy word for killing...

K
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
K
Why don't you set up some time with Lew? Lew Bradley could either help write your stories or set you up to publish your own.

A
Campfire Regular
OP Online Content
Campfire Regular
A
Originally Posted by kaboku68
Why don't you set up some time with Lew? Lew Bradley could either help write your stories or set you up to publish your own.

I sent you a private message. Thanks for the advice but going forward is pointless. Just a reality of current time. Again thank you.

ALASKA is a "HARD COUNTRY for OLDMEN". (But if you live it wide'ass open, balls'to the wall, the pedal floored, full throttle, it is a delightful place, to finally just sit-back and savor those memories while sipping Tequila).
IC B2

S
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
S
As a book, doubt it would generate much interest. But it could get a decent following if you posted stories online, like a blogger.

My biggest fear is when I die my wife will sell my guns for what I told her they cost.
S
Campfire Member
Campfire Member
S
AGL4now send me your phone number and I’ll sign you up with telemarketers. Trust me your fan base is in India.

A
Campfire Regular
OP Online Content
Campfire Regular
A
Originally Posted by Snowwolfe
As a book, doubt it would generate much interest. But it could get a decent following if you posted stories online, like a blogger.

Yes, I think that is valid. Which is evidenced by this thread. Thank you.

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Didn't Russell Annabel already make that up?

Don't just be a survivor, be a competitor.
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
Originally Posted by SeldomSeenSmith
AGL4now send me your phone number and I’ll sign you up with telemarketers. Trust me your fan base is in India.
Pretty pathetic ankel biter looking for the oldest guy in the room. 4'10" right?

Mark Begich, Joaquin Jackson, and Heller resistance... Three huge reasons to worry about the NRA.
IC B3

A
Campfire Regular
OP Online Content
Campfire Regular
A
Anyone remembers Louie Brunner, He started "AAA" Alaska Taxidermy. Brent Jones purchased the business from Louie.

H
Campfire Member
Campfire Member
H
Originally Posted by Snowwolfe

Very sound advice, and quicker/easier/cheaper than publishing a book.

NRA Life Endowment Member
K
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
K

A
Campfire Regular
OP Online Content
Campfire Regular
A

Roger Morris and Brent Jones both worked (part-time) for Louie Brunner, mostly doing fleshing. If I remember correctly, they were both still active duty, in the Military.

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

596 members (10gaugemag, 1beaver_shooter, 12344mag, 1badf350, 1Longbow, 10ring1, 68 invisible), 3,038 guests, and 1,189 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,194,618
Posts18,533,005
Members74,041
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.