Print Thread
Hop To
Page 2 of 2 1 2
B
Campfire Regular
Online Content
Campfire Regular
B
The gun "collectors" are screwing things up for everyone. There ought to be a law against buying a good 700 BDL and then allowing it to collect dust in the back of a safe.

GB1

B
Campfire Regular
Online Content
Campfire Regular
B
I have a few Rem 700's and have never had any real problems with any of them. They shoot and work fine. It looks like the new RemArms versions are made well and they have updated twist rates so that's good to hear. I also have Winchesters, Rugers, CZ's, Weatherbys etc. which work well too. I like having choices.

Campfire Tracker
Online Content
Campfire Tracker
What caused the price jump was when Remington filed for bankruptcy and was sold off.After that happened,I watched prices jump up $200 or more after that.Production stopped and suddenly they became no more.Prices on the older Remingtons have now increased to the point you can buy a new rifle for what the older ones sell for.
https://www.pewpewtactical.com/bankrupt-remington-sold-off/

~Molɔ̀ːn Labé Skýla~
As Bob Hagel would say"You should not use a rifle that will kill an animal when everything goes right; you should use one that will do the job when everything goes wrong."Good words of wisdom...............
Campfire Ranger
Online Content
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by RustyAxeCamp
Local shops got a fair cache of them. Same though, used to be $3-400, now its $6-700
No different than 77s or 70s.

The last time that bear ate a lawyer he had the runs for 33 days!
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Did a search on Guns International for BDL manufactured by Remington. Got 116 hits. That makes it seem that finding a BDL shouldn’t be too hard.

I prefer classic.
Semper Fi
I used to run with the hare. Now I'm envious of the tortoise and I do my own stunts but rarely intentionally
IC B2

F
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
F
Originally Posted by ingwe
Originally Posted by flintlocke
Originally Posted by bsa1917hunter
Where are all the 700's? Getting the bolt handles brazed back on? And extractors replaced. Would be my best guess. Check you local gunsmith.

Ok, I just got all the coffee cleaned off the keyboard...wife says, whats so funny? ... Never mind dearie, just saw something I wish I had said.

Haters gonna hate...

Yer reading too much into a little good natured ribbing..should be more on the order of: Preferencers gonna preference.
Actually you should look upon us preferencers as your pards...leaving more 700's for you....and at a lower price...right?

Well this is a fine pickle we're in, should'a listened to Joe McCarthy and George Orwell I guess.
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by prairie_goat
If he really wants a BDL the new models are quite nice, and Remington is even building them with correct twist rates now.

Faster twist means less compatible for cast bullets. I like the slower twists

I prefer classic.
Semper Fi
I used to run with the hare. Now I'm envious of the tortoise and I do my own stunts but rarely intentionally
P
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
P
Originally Posted by Bugger
If he really wants a BDL the new models are quite nice, and Remington is even building them with correct twist rates now.

Not really. Just like anything with cast bullets, gotta match the bullet to the application.

D
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
D
I love my 700's. Ive got a "few" of them... Yet to buy one that wasnt a shooter after a little tlc and experimenting. Never had any issues with any brand come to think of it except Salvage. My favorite among the 700's are the 70's and 80's ADL's. I have an early 80's 243 that was my first rifle that has had so many rounds shot thru it that youd think half the barrel half the barrel was alligator lined but it still shoots great. R-P brass, F210 primer, 44.6 gr of H4831 and a 95 gr NBT are still magic in it.

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by Bugger

Not really. Just like anything with cast bullets, gotta match the bullet to the application.

I disagree. Fast twist and cast bullets do not go together.

OK, I might be wrong. I’m going on articles I’ve read on the subject.

I’ll never buy a faster than standard twist rate, so my experience is naught.

Last edited by Bugger; 03/07/24.

I prefer classic.
Semper Fi
IC B3

A
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
A
Originally Posted by Potsy
According to Gunbroker; they’re all “rare”.🤣

Amen……sheesh.

Casey

Not being married to any particular political party sure makes it a lot easier to look at the world more objectively...
Having said that, MAGA.
A
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
A
Originally Posted by roanmtn
I am trying to help a friend, Larry, locate a Rem. 700 BDL used model. Where have they all gone? Are these used Rem. Rifles being hoarded? I have even called out to Mule Deer's home town. None. The gun stores in North East Tennessee do not stock/trade on used guns anymore. Has anyone noticed no one having any of the used Rem. 700 rifles where you live. WOW! One would think these things were like primers now... can't get any.

Tell Larry to buy a new one. Seriously, they are good, and more accurate with the now standard 5r bbl than the originals…..

Casey

Not being married to any particular political party sure makes it a lot easier to look at the world more objectively...
Having said that, MAGA.
C
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
C
8 of them on Hibid.com, 13 on Proxibid.com right now

All that is necessary for the triumph of evil is that good men do nothing -- Edmund Burke
Page 2 of 2 1 2

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

595 members (160user, 1Longbow, 1beaver_shooter, 10gaugemag, 10gaugeman, 1OntarioJim, 62 invisible), 2,600 guests, and 1,194 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,191,814
Posts18,477,637
Members73,944
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.