W
WAM Online Content
Campfire Tracker
Online Content
Campfire Tracker
W
Originally Posted by tikkanut
Originally Posted by WAM
I paid 69.99 + tax for a pound or Reloder 16 last week. My friend who manages the gun department told me to buy any powder I needed now. 15% increase on his pallet in the back. I also got 8 lb of Reloder 26 for $449. A feller was grumbling at the counter and said he was going back to factory ammo. My bud told him “Hold my beer, and watch it next week” Also advised him to buy now as big price increases were coming. All of Hodgdons crap is overpriced too. It ain’t going to end, folks!

https://www.powdervalley.com/product/alliant-reloder-16/
I think adding shipping and hazmat makes PV a tad more expensive.

At any rate, I have enough powder to leave some for the estate sale. I didn’t “need” the RL 16 or 26 really. I just didn’t want to work up loads for a different powder.

Life Member NRA, RMEF, American Legion, MAGA. Not necessarily in that order.

W
WAM Online Content
Campfire Tracker
Online Content
Campfire Tracker
W
Originally Posted by alwaysoutdoors
Originally Posted by gunswizard
WTF does a friend gifting me a pound of powder have to do with hoarding ? I'm not seeing the connection.
[Linked Image from i.postimg.cc]

TURTLE MAN DOWN!😂😂😂

Life Member NRA, RMEF, American Legion, MAGA. Not necessarily in that order.
T
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
T
Wait till more conflict breaks out. Its going to get crazy. I've good to do the little hunting I get to do fortunately. The days of affordable anything are gone. Maybe the only truly affordable way to go is going to something like an 45-70 single shot and making your own holy black.

L
Campfire Outfitter
Online Content
Campfire Outfitter
L
p the funny part is people go bragging about having their powder on hand for cheaper. and it all depends on where the cycle falls just like primers

but then again people stock up more [bleep] than whatever using their lifetime and their kids will sell it for dimes on dollars in the garage sale

don't love the people that buy [bleep] and don't use it it's pretty awesome that's how I stack up a lot of it 10 cents on the dollar

Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
Dreaming perhaps but I'm buying gunpowder now for when I'm old and on a fixed income. Prepare yourself when you can.

IC B2

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
It’s $74.99 at BPS online as well. Went in the BPS last Friday and saw it marked for $49.99 a pound. I grabbed a pound as I already knew the online price. I grabbed some ammo as well. I checked out and went to the car. I saw I was only charged $29.99 for the IMR4350. Went and bought groceries and went back to BPS and grabbed two more pounds and a pound of H4831SC for $37. Sometimes you get lucky.

S
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
S
Originally Posted by ldholton
don't love the people that buy [bleep] and don't use it it's pretty awesome that's how I stack up a lot of it 10 cents on the dollar

Please enlighten us how you find and buy powder for 10 cents on the dollar. That would mean you are buying 1 pound containers for $4-7 each and 8 pound jugs for $30-45

My biggest fear is when I die my wife will sell my guns for what I told her they cost.
A
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
A
Originally Posted by WAM
Originally Posted by alwaysoutdoors
Originally Posted by gunswizard
WTF does a friend gifting me a pound of powder have to do with hoarding ? I'm not seeing the connection.

TURTLE MAN DOWN!😂😂😂
He’s training just in case he happens upon GunGizzard while buying rimfire ammo. About a slim chance ,but better to be prepared.

G
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
G
Out of character for SW, but not surprising these days.

Next week, who the f knows what a fair price is?

B
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
B
Our Sportsmans warehouse is tge most expensive place around on most things. They say they'll price match but I've never been able to get them to do it, they always have an excuse not to. I tried again the other day just for fun.

They said they would match a store down the street. I said ok, they have Blazer brass 9mm for $11.99 a box and SW was I think $16.99. I asked them to match it so they called the competitor and confirmed the price. Then the manager said they couldn't fo it because it was almost their cost. He was standing right under a big banner they had up saying best prices guaranteed.

I just went to the other store and bought a case but I had to wait in a long line to check out. The nice part about our sportsmans warehouse is its rarely busy. I knew the other store would have a line.

Bb

IC B3

L
Campfire Outfitter
Online Content
Campfire Outfitter
L
Originally Posted by Snowwolfe
Originally Posted by ldholton

Please enlighten us how you find and buy powder for 10 cents on the dollar. That would mean you are buying 1 pound containers for $4-7 each and 8 pound jugs for $30-45
what the meaning was you'd be surprised if you actually try looking a little hard and your wife knows about such things how much stuff at garage sales slash estate sales and such you can find really cheap.
from someone who bought a lot more stuff than they will ever use and it gets sold at that time at penney's on the dollar..

T
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
T
Originally Posted by HeavyDove
Teal,
communism which is horrible by the way, has nothing to do with it.

GREED does, and that is what is at work here.

I call it greed.

You call it "paid by the consumer".

I and many thousands look and see what is happening and don't feel like helping someone help keep their lifestyle afloat or their next boat payment. .....or keep their profit margin fat.

Best
Heavy

Do your part then. Stop buying it.

Camp is where you make it.
S
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
S
For the first time in many years I been seeing good supplies of Vihtavuori powders in stock. I picked up two 8 pound jugs from Grafs last month, one N133 and the other in N135. My guess is the higher prices are slowing down sales. I learned a long time ago, buy it when you find it. Or you might do without for a year, or longer.

My biggest fear is when I die my wife will sell my guns for what I told her they cost.
C
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
C
I have to say, the most unimpressed I have ever been with an hunting/fishing store was Sportsman's Warehouse in the Phoenix metro area in January. An employee came up to me and apologized for such low inventory. He said corporate wasn't sending more stuff for another month or so.

Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
Just back from a localish place.

IMR4350 was 66 a lb.
Varget like 55 a lb.

No RE15 available as that's what I wanted. Did get 2k worth of 7.5 BR small rifle primers at 7 cents per. All other primers were about 10 c/p.

No 223 brass in bulk available. Plenty of Lapua, Peterson and ADG brass in 6.5 PRC, 7 PRC.

(Ignore the tag, different shelf)

Me

V
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
V
Centershot: That is outrageous!
I find I VERY seldom buy anything at sportsmans whorehouse anymore.
Do better elsewhere without exception.
Sad that.
Hold into the wind
VarmintGuy

E
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
E
Sportsman’s just opened here if you’ve never been fuqkd you’ll be when you leave there 🤣

O
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
O
If you do not already have a life time supply of powder and primers, TODAY is the "Good Ole Days". Embrace the suck. Stock up now. They ain't gonna get any cheaper.

"Those who do not learn from history are bound to repeat it..."

S
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
S
Originally Posted by Orion2000
If you do not already have a life time supply of powder and primers, TODAY is the "Good Ole Days". Embrace the suck. Stock up now. They ain't gonna get any cheaper.

"Those who do not learn from history are bound to repeat it..."

Good for my days more than likely on primers, and bullets. At least bullets on a couple calibers, not all. Powder, one of these days gonna have to bite the bullet and buy a good chunk more. Hate to think of it at these prices, might have to get creative and barter with some stuff I'm not using. Can't see paying some of the prices I see.

One is alone in a land so vast, there is only the mountains, the wind, and the eyes of God.
Campfire Outfitter
OP Offline
Campfire Outfitter
Getting awfully expensive to buy a few different powders to see what works best in your rifle........

A true sportsman counts his achievements in proportion to the effort involved and fairness of the sport. - S. Pope
Page 5 of 6 1 2 3 4 5 6

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

246 members (1minute, 204guy, 24HourCampFireGuy50, 16penny, 257_X_50, 1beaver_shooter, 32 invisible), 2,279 guests, and 1,309 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,192,113
Posts18,483,440
Members73,966
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.