Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Page 2 of 2 1 2
79S Offline
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
I'm more of a essential oils kind of guy try this recipe.
3 drops of frankincense essential oil
3 drops of lavender essential oil
2 drops of peppermint essential oil
2 drops of lemon essential oil
1 drop of rosemary essential oil
Carrier oil (such as jojoba oil or coconut oil)
In a small glass bottle, combine the drops of each essential oil. Add a carrier oil to the bottle, filling it to the top. Close the bottle tightly and shake well to mix the oils thoroughly.
To use, apply a few drops of the blend to pulse points such as wrists, temples, and neck, or add a few drops to a warm bath for a relaxing soak.

Originally Posted by Bricktop
Then STFU. The rest of your statement is superflous bullshit with no real bearing on this discussion other than to massage your own ego.

Suckin' on my titties like you wanted me.

H
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
H
Insurance companies control our medical profession. Every doctor I know works for some healthcare system, and they all receive a “salary”.

J
Campfire Oracle
Campfire Oracle
J
Generally, a great surgeon cleans all the crystalline lens cortex cells off the Central part of the posterior capsule of the capsular bag the Intraocular Lens Implant is placed into. The haptic feet expand in that bag and hold the IOL in position after fibrosis occurs peripherally in the old crystalline lens capsule.

No follow up laser capsulotomy shud be needed, but if the guy wants to leave the bag with some cortex cells from the cortex of one's cataractous crystalline lens it's generally good easy money to laser the posterior capsule open later when the cells left behind grow to form something like microscopic oil dots on the capsule which is then sometimes called Elshnigs Pearl's or After Cataract.

A fine, thin coating of posterior cataract isn't really bad other than obscuring vision but trashy docs who leave too much end up with thick, heavy plaque which doesn't vaporize with the laser and chunks of posterior capsule are cut off to make an opening for light to reach the retina without being difracted (scattered) by the capsule.

This can result in large pieces of capsule floating in the vitreous in the posterior chamber which cast shadows on the retina and those look like dark spots in one's vision and are from the vitreous floaters.

Floaters can also be a sign of vitreous debris from posterior vitreous detachment or loose blood in the vitreous chamber from tears due to trauma or tumors tearing the retina or bleeds from diabetic retinopathy.

Also, though Posterior Vitreous Detachment (PVD) is normal as we age and the vitreous contracts, pulling thie thicker vitreous attachments away from their anchor points around the optic nerve head or the retinas macula or at the periphery of the anterior retina, called the Ora Serrata, they can occasionally result in retina tears.

As we age the vitreous contracts and liquifies. If that vitreous seeps under the retina at the point of a retinal tear the retina can become detached from its outer vascular supply called the Choroid.

Retinal vessels supply the inner layers of the retinal layers while the Choroidal vessels supply the outer layers..

If that outer layer is separated by fluid as in a Retinal Detachment (RD) the outer layers of the retina die and loss of vision results. Therefore, if one ever notices sudden vision changes like a curtain blocking some peripheral vision in one eye it is important to be seen as an emergency. If retinal treatment is successful, such as laser tacking of the retina peripherally to the macula, then central acuity can often be saved. If the Detachment extends through the macular area sight can't be saved.

So, Dilated Peripheral Fundus exam should be performed when one notices an initial or sudden change or increase in Floaters.

Too often, and unfortunately too late, I've e heard people say they were told by others the Floaters were normal and from normal vitreous Detachment. True, but they sometimes result in retinal tears peripherally or retinal traction at the Macula which can result in macular edema or tear or scarring.

Also, an initial retinal tear may not be visible to the OD or MD if fluid from the vitreous doesn't enter and separate the torn surfaces.

I usually rechecked PVD patients a week then 2 weeks then 4 weeks later.then 2 months later.
Tears that don't get fluid separation by that time normally have had the torn edges scarred down to the posterior Choroid and there is no risk of Detachment without further trauma.

I haven't kept up with current changes in treatment protocol since retiring.

Last edited by jaguartx; 03/08/24.

Ecc 10:2
The heart of the wise inclines to the right, but that of a fool to the left.

A Nation which leaves God behind is soon left behind.

"The Lord never asked anyone to be a tax collector, lowyer, or Redskins fan".

I Dindo Nuffin
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
I developed some floaters about 23 years ago. Went to the ophthalmologist and got an examination. He said my retinas were fine and the floaters were due to some fractures in the gelatinous vitreous humor. He said I could just live with it if I wanted to. So I have. Doesn’t really bother me anymore. I’ve become used to em.’

Every day on this side of the ground is a win.
W
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
W
I was remeasured for cataract surgery the morning.

These premises insured by a Sheltie in Training ,--- and Cooey.o
"May the Good Lord take a likin' to you"
IC B2

J
Campfire Oracle
Campfire Oracle
J
Originally Posted by antlers
I developed some floaters about 23 years ago. Went to the ophthalmologist and got an examination. He said my retinas were fine and the floaters were due to some fractures in the gelatinous vitreous humor. He said I could just live with it if I wanted to. So I have. Doesn’t really bother me anymore. I’ve become used to em.’

Yeah, if I found no retinal holes or tears I would tell patients the floaters would settle down in about six months.

Mine came on strong like a thousand specks of black pepper and took a year to settle down and were miserable

The vitreous is the jelly in the back of the eye which contracts and liquifies as we age.

I had to Dx PVD without Retinal Breaks to be covered legally unless I found a tear, hole or Detachment.

Last edited by jaguartx; 03/08/24.

Ecc 10:2
The heart of the wise inclines to the right, but that of a fool to the left.

A Nation which leaves God behind is soon left behind.

"The Lord never asked anyone to be a tax collector, lowyer, or Redskins fan".

I Dindo Nuffin
Page 2 of 2 1 2

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

82 members (6mmbrfan, 257_X_50, 808outdoors, 2500HD, 7mm_Loco, 257robertsimp, 6 invisible), 1,399 guests, and 850 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,192,118
Posts18,483,510
Members73,966
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.