Print Thread
Hop To
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3
V
Campfire Regular
OP Offline
Campfire Regular
V
Need a small enclosed trailer. Thinking a 5x8 similar to the ones those lesbians like to tow behind their Subaru that they rent from Uhal. If someone in the Lynchburg/Salem/Roanoke/Charlottesville area knows of a decent deal on one, please let me know.

Last edited by Verylargeboots; 03/08/24.

jar Offline
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
A bigger trailer is a lot easier to pull and back, just saying cause if you think you need a 5x8 you will really need a 7x14.

teach your children well , ride hard, shoot straight, be involved!
T
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
T
Originally Posted by jar
A bigger trailer is a lot easier to pull and back, just saying cause if you think you need a 5x8 you will really need a 7x14.

exactly....tandem 7x14 (or 8x14)

You'll use it more & pull safer/better

Just like a gun safe

Buy bigger than you need

T R U M P W O N !

U L T R A M A G A !

Campfire Regular
Online Content
Campfire Regular
Look at Craigs List Blacksburg. Several on there around that size. Not seeing any used ones though.

I prefer peace. But if trouble must come, let it come in my time, so that my children may live in peace. ~~ Thomas Paine
Campfire Regular
Online Happy
Campfire Regular
Agreed on the sizing saying to go bigger. I was looking for a 7x16 enclosed years ago, and wound up finding a 8.5x20 car hauler for only a couple grand more that had 5200 lbs axles instead of the 3500 lbs ones on the 7x16s. I've filled it many times both in volume & weight and I'm glad I got this one. Though now I think of getting a 24' with a V nose, as I get seem to get the same fuel economy whether it's empty or at GVWR with the current one, so I'm sure the V nose would help.

"Social order at the expense of Liberty is hardly a bargain” de Sade
"He who'll not reason is a Bigot, he who cannot is a Fool, and he who dares not is a Slave."SirWilliamDrummond
IC B2

E
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
E
Keep my eyes out 👍

C
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
C
I know a guy that welds...

Maybe he can make you one.

I'll ask.

If you are not actively engaging EVERY enemy you encounter... you are allowing another to fight for you... and that is cowardice... plain and simple.

E
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
E
I’ll get those pics to you this weekend 😉

T
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
T
pull my Kawi SxS on a 7x14 tandem open trailer

More than I need

Pulls nice

[Linked Image from i.imgur.com]

Last edited by tikkanut; 03/08/24.

T R U M P W O N !

U L T R A M A G A !

Campfire Regular
Online Content
Campfire Regular

I prefer peace. But if trouble must come, let it come in my time, so that my children may live in peace. ~~ Thomas Paine
IC B3

A
Campfire Ranger
Online Content
Campfire Ranger
A
Get a tandem , brother

[Linked Image from i.postimg.cc]
V
Campfire Regular
OP Offline
Campfire Regular
V
I appreciate everyone's input. I'm on a budget and can't afford "a couple grand more" just starting out with this side business, because that just doesn't make sense at this point. I'd buy a bigger enclosed trailer if it was a deal obviously, but I'm hauling welding equipment, generator, and power tools, so not a huge space requirement at this point.

I could also enclose a trailer myself, but I'd have to get a good one for a song for it to be worth doing.

V
Campfire Regular
OP Offline
Campfire Regular
V
Originally Posted by CashisKing
I know a guy that welds...

Maybe he can make you one.

I'll ask.

Hahaha!

I'd weld one up if I had the steel

Campfire Regular
Online Content
Campfire Regular
Originally Posted by Verylargeboots
I appreciate everyone's input. I'm on a budget and can't afford "a couple grand more" just starting out with this side business, because that just doesn't make sense at this point. I'd buy a bigger enclosed trailer if it was a deal obviously, but I'm hauling welding equipment, generator, and power tools, so not a huge space requirement at this point.

I could also enclose a trailer myself, but I'd have to get a good one for a song for it to be worth doing.

Completely understood.

Might hafta start with an adequate flat trailer and a decent tarp. Let the first dozen or so jobs pay for a trailer upgrade.

A
Campfire Ranger
Online Content
Campfire Ranger
A

What’s your budget ? I saw some new ones tandem 6x12 for $4,000+/-. I’d think you could find a used one a lot less.

[Linked Image from i.postimg.cc]
V
Campfire Regular
OP Offline
Campfire Regular
V
Originally Posted by Feral_American

Completely understood.

Might hafta start with an adequate flat trailer and a decent tarp. Let the first dozen or so jobs pay for a trailer upgrade.

True enough. I could pretty much build any security measure into a flat trailer that I'd need too.

Now you've got me thinking....

V
Campfire Regular
OP Offline
Campfire Regular
V
Originally Posted by alwaysoutdoors

What’s your budget ? I saw some new ones tandem 6x12 for $4,000+/-. I’d think you could find a used one a lot less.

I don't need a $4k trailer, not at this point. The idea is, as business grows, so does the equipment.

So ideally I'd start off with a small, old trailer, and grow from there.

O
Campfire Outfitter
Online Content
Campfire Outfitter
O
Another vote for buy bigger than you "think" you need...

J
Campfire Kahuna
Online Happy
Campfire Kahuna
J
Please tell me you can secure it.

I am MAGA.
V
Campfire Regular
OP Offline
Campfire Regular
V
Originally Posted by Jim_Conrad
Please tell me you can secure it.

Nah, I was just going to let the crackheads have a free for all down at the pawn shop

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

695 members (1beaver_shooter, 10gaugemag, 1eyedmule, 160user, 10Glocks, 73 invisible), 3,234 guests, and 1,363 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,192,104
Posts18,483,243
Members73,966
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.