Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Page 1 of 2 1 2
HNIC Offline OP
Campfire Member
OP Offline
Campfire Member
Just talked to my buddy in the valley and there’s a border patrol helicopter down with multiple fatalities in La Grulla.
He didn’t know what happened but he said it looked like an Apache?
Anyone know the story

Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
They do fly Apache's.

Not good.

Molɔ̀ːn Labé Skýla!
E
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
E
Not good

Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
STARR COUNTY, Texas (ValleyCentral) — A National Guard helicopter crashed near La Grulla Friday afternoon, killing two people, sources tell Nexstar.

At least four people have been critically injured as a result of the crash, Texas Department of Public Safety South Texas Regional Director Victor Escalon confirmed to Nexstar.

Starr County Judge Eloy Vera told BorderReport that one National Guardsman and three Border Patrol agents were aboard the helicopter at the time of the crash.

Molɔ̀ːn Labé Skýla!
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
(NEXSTAR) — A National Guard helicopter crashed near Texas’ border with Mexico on Friday afternoon, leaving at least two people dead, multiple law enforcement sources confirmed to Nexstar.

The helicopter went down in La Grulla, a small town in east Starr County on the Rio Grande River, Lt. Chris Olivarez with the Texas Department of Public Safety confirmed.

At least four people may be critically injured, DPS South Texas Regional Director Victor Escalon told Nexstar. Escalon could not independently confirm further information and directed inquiries to Customs and Border Protection.

Escalon said the helicopter was not a part of Operation Lone Star, Texas’ unilateral border enforcement arm utilizing the National Guard, but “a military helicopter on federal orders working with Border Patrol.”

Molɔ̀ːn Labé Skýla!
IC B2

Campfire Regular
Online Happy
Campfire Regular
https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-13175699/National-guard-helicopter-crash-texas.html

https://archive.is/gvqVa

At least two people have died after a National Guard helicopter crashed in Texas, multiple law enforcement sources confirmed to KXAN.

The crash took place on Friday afternoon, near Rio Grande City with four people on board according to authorities.

All least four people were critically injured, Texas Department of Public Safety South Texas Regional Director Victor Escalon told local media.

One of the fatalities is understood to be a border patrol agent, according to NewsNation reporter Ali Bradley.
At least two people have died after a National Guard helicopter crashed in Texas , multiple law enforcement sources confirmed to KXAN

Republican rep Maya Flores Vallejo asked the public to pray for the victims

Escalon said the aircraft was 'a military helicopter on federal orders working with Border Patrol' and not part of Operation Lone Star, Texas' border enforcement arm which works with the National Guard.

Starr County Sheriff's Office said it is, 'currently assisting with a downed helicopter incident on the East side of the county, involving possibly four occupants'.

The Texas Department of Public Safety confirmed it is assisting federal agencies with the crash, which took place near Old Military Road, approximately two miles east of La Grulla.

Former Republican congresswoman Mayra Flores Vallejo asked the public to pray for the victims.

'I am asking for a prayer request and support for Border Patrol and CBP Air and Marine Operations. A tragic helicopter crash just happened near La Grulla, Texas. My thoughts and prayers are with you,' she wrote on X.

"Social order at the expense of Liberty is hardly a bargain” de Sade
"He who'll not reason is a Bigot, he who cannot is a Fool, and he who dares not is a Slave."SirWilliamDrummond
Campfire Kahuna
Online Content
Campfire Kahuna
Border patrol has Apache gunships?

Wow…had no idea

Wait…Apache gunships seat 4 ???

Had no idea

RAS Offline
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by slumlord

Wow…had no idea

It has to do with Title authority.

The military can work with the BP so as long as the BP is running the operation and making the decisions.

I have worked with the border patrol extensively on the border years back. As a military person I couldn’t do anything without at least one border patrol representative with me. It’s also how the military does a lot of loopholes overseas in apprehending “certain” people in areas that are not in active combat. In short, it’s all lawyer stuff but it’s how it’s done.

"...aspire to live quietly, and to mind your own affairs, and to work with your hands, as we instructed you, so that you may walk properly before outsiders and be dependent on no one." - Paul to the church in Thessalonica.

Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna

Wow…had no idea

Had no idea

I saw BP using them years ago at Presidio airport.

I landed there in a single engine C172, and there were 2 Apache's there tied down. The guy at the FBO told me they were Border Patrol's... But that was years ago when BP actually did something besides process wets for shipment to our interior.

Apache's have to be getting lots of age and wear on them by now.

Molɔ̀ːn Labé Skýla!
A
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
A
Hard to believe there were any survivors.
RIP
🫡

[Linked Image from i.postimg.cc]

IC B3

RAS Offline
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by AKwolverine
RIP
🫡

As far as rotary wing crashes go, that wreckage is not that bad at all. I have seen a few where you couldn’t make out it was an aircraft, of any type. I have seen an aftermath of an F18 flying straight into a mountain. Basically it’s a hole and you are digging parts out.

"...aspire to live quietly, and to mind your own affairs, and to work with your hands, as we instructed you, so that you may walk properly before outsiders and be dependent on no one." - Paul to the church in Thessalonica.

A
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
A
Originally Posted by RAS
Originally Posted by AKwolverine
RIP
🫡

As far as rotary wing crashes go, that wreckage is not that bad at all. I have seen a few where you couldn’t make out it was an aircraft, of any type. I have seen an aftermath of an F18 flying straight into a mountain. Basically it’s a hole and you are digging parts out.

No disagreement.

Still surprised (if reports are correct) there are survivors.

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
I can't tell from the picture if that is an Apache or if it's the new replacement for the Huey, the UH72 Lakota. The Lakota would hold multiple passengers. The Apache is designed to hold 2.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Eurocopter_UH-72_Lakota

kwg

Last edited by kwg020; 03/08/24.

For liberals and anarchists, power and control is opium, selling envy is the fastest and easiest way to get it. TRR. American conservative. Never trust a white liberal. Malcom X Current NRA member.
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
Don’t think that pic is of an Apache. Might be a Kiowa.

Both the Apache and Blackhawk are twin engine birds and the one in the pic looks to be a single. Apaches only have 2 seats.

I am..........disturbed.

Concerning the difference between man and the jackass: some observers hold that there isn't any. But this wrongs the jackass. -Twain

S
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
S
So was it close enough to the border to be attacked?

“When Tyranny becomes Law, Rebellion becomes Duty”

Colossians 3:17 (New King James Version)
"And whatever you do in word or deed, do all in the name of the Lord Jesus, giving thanks to God the Father through Him."
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by shootem
So was it close enough to the border to be attacked?

Close enough for cartel soldiers to drone to the crash site. Maybe some of our Texas members can help translate.

S
Campfire Regular
Online Content
Campfire Regular
S
Why do we have Border Patrol when they are letting all illegals in our country. Oh they are the welcoming committee, I now understand.

N
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
N
Kind of looks like a Kiowa in the blurry video.

A
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
A
Lakota is what some of the more recent articles are saying.

Campfire Kahuna
Online Content
Campfire Kahuna

Wow…had no idea

Had no idea

Again

Never seen an Apache hold 4 personnel

But ok, I yield to superior intelligence

Page 1 of 2 1 2

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

532 members (007FJ, 01Foreman400, 10ring1, 1234, 10gaugeman, 10gaugemag, 65 invisible), 2,414 guests, and 1,373 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,192,162
Posts18,484,348
Members73,966
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.