-->
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Campfire Kahuna
OP Online Content
Campfire Kahuna
That's what Bill Maher is suggesting. That would make her a Rino's Rino. It would also give her a back door shot at the whitehouse since Biden is HIGHLY unlikely to survive another term. They'll dump him one way or another. They just can't do it with Harris in the back seat.

Maher floats Biden swapping out Harris and replacing her with Nikki Haley: ‘That’s my dream, a unity ticket’
The liberal comedian has long suggested removing Kamala Harris from the Dem ticket
By Joseph A. Wulfsohn Fox News
Published March 9, 2024 1:38pm EST

"Real Time" host Bill Maher revealed his "dream" ticket for 2024 would be President Biden running alongside former U.N. Ambassador Nikki Haley.

Haley suspended her presidential campaign this week following a disappointing Super Tuesday turnout and refrained from throwing her support behind former President Trump, the sole Republican sailing towards the nomination.

During Friday's panel discussion, Maher insisted Haley doesn't have a future in the Republican Party "as long as Trump is ascendent" and suggested a different political path for her.

Former U.N. Ambassador Nikki Haley suspended her presidential campaign following a disappointing showing on Super Tuesday. (REUTERS/Brian Snyder)

"I know it's crazy to think that she could run with Biden, but that's my dream, a unity ticket," Maher said. "And then he would, I think, definitely win."

"And of course, she's said some crazy thing. Most politicians have- not as crazy as 'We've never been a racist country.' I mean, that's pretty crazy," Maher added.

Puck correspondent Tara Palmeri argued that swapping Vice President Kamala Harris for Haley would "literally destroy" the Democratic base.

"But she's a woman of color," Maher doubled down.

"Yeah but Black women are like the core of the Democratic Party," Palmeri responded.

"Okay, so not that," Maher agreed.
Bill Maher on Real Time

"Real Time" host Bill Maher floated Haley as President Biden's running mate since he believes she doesn't have a "future" in the Republican Party. (Screenshot/HBO)

The HBO host then floated outgoing Sen. Mitt Romney, R-Utah, as Biden's Secretary of State.

"Something to reach across so that we don't live in this world where everybody sees the other side as an existential threat," Maher said.

Maher began workshopping the idea of swapping Harris out of the Democratic ticket in October 2022.

"What I could see is replacing the vice president," Maher said at the time, which immediately sparked applause from his liberal audience. "Because she's just not very popular anywhere. And it didn't seem to work out. And, I don't know, that's been done before on a ticket."
Vice President Kamala Harris and President Joe Biden

Maher has long floated the idea of Biden dumping Vice President Kamala Harris from the Democratic ticket. (Al Drago/Bloomberg via Getty Images)

Meanwhile, Haley has previously ruled out a third party run and nixed the idea of a unity ticket after one was floated by then-Democratic hopeful Dean Phillips, who also suspended his presidential campaign this week.

Despite having signed the RNC pledge to support the eventual nominee in order to participate in the primary debates, Haley has yet to offer her endorsement to Trump, suggesting he first has to earn the support of her voters.

"It is now up to Donald Trump to earn the votes of those in our party and beyond it who did not support him. And I hope he does that," Haley said Wednesday. "At its best, politics is about bringing people into your cause, not turning them away. And our conservative cause badly needs more people. This is now his time for choosing."

“In a time of deceit telling the truth is a revolutionary act.”
― George Orwell

It's not over when you lose. It's over when you quit.

G
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
G
I could see her pulling a reverse Gabbard.

Campfire Regular
Online Content
Campfire Regular
I’m not a fan of Nikki Haley, and do not want her to be President. But her platform would drive away so many of Biden’s potential lib supporters, especially given that, if Biden were elected, and if Haley was his VP, she likely would become President.

Among other things, Nikki Haley:

- says that she is pro-life;

- said that the U.S. should give Israel “whatever” support it needs to “not just get your country back, (but also) to eliminate the terrorists”;

- favors getting rid of the federal gas and diesel tax, cutting “income taxes for working families” and vetoing “any spending bill that doesn’t take us back to pre-COVID spending levels”; and

- supports increasing oil and gas drilling and limiting federal workers to no more than five years in the same position.

Even if some of this is not genuine, she could not convincingly do a 180 on these issues as a Biden VP candidate. Libs wouldn’t believe her. Biden might attract a number of moderates with this strategy, but he would lose far more libs.

S
Campfire 'Bwana
Online Content
Campfire 'Bwana
S
Haley and No-Labels are talking as we speak

Give a man a fish and he eats for a day. Give a man a welfare check, a forty ounce malt liquor, a crack pipe, an Obama phone, free health insurance. and some Air Jordan's and he votes Democrat for a lifetime.
T
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
T
That means they would have to get rid of the highest ranking DEI affirmative action hire in the history of America. It ain’t gonna happen.

IC B2

Campfire Regular
Online Content
Campfire Regular
Originally Posted by tndrbstr
That means they would have to get rid of the highest ranking DEI affirmative action hire in the history of America. It ain’t gonna happen.

Correct. Another reason why it would result in a lopsided Trump win.

S
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
S

Correct. Not going to happen. Besides that what would Haley bring to a Biden ticket. Actual Republicans that supported her would either stay home, or vote Republican. Very few would vote for Biden just because Haley is second fiddle sitting back doing nothing in the back seat as VP. He'd lose way more PO'd democrats because she was on the ticket.

One is alone in a land so vast, there is only the mountains, the wind, and the eyes of God.
E
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
E
I doubt that

M
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
M
Be my guess it won't happen unless Joe gets a guarantee of her supplying the ice cream and let's him fondle her on a daily basis. She won't like having to do her hair in pigtails. Mb

" Cheapest velocity in the world comes from a long barrel and I sure do like them. MB "
R
Campfire Outfitter
Online Content
Campfire Outfitter
R
i don't think she'd be that stupid but it does make me sorta giddy to think about it. It would end her for good.

IC B3

T
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
T
She already got a board seat at Raytheon making a million a year. That was her goal, nothing else.

E
efw Offline
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
E
Originally Posted by ShadeTree

Correct. Not going to happen. Besides that what would Haley bring to a Biden ticket. Actual Republicans that supported her would either stay home, or vote Republican. Very few would vote for Biden just because Haley is second fiddle sitting back doing nothing in the back seat as VP. He'd lose way more PO'd democrats because she was on the ticket.

All the actual Reps supported her. And they’d vote Biden in a heartbeat.

We need all the RINOs to turn out for Trump. We don’t need no Reps they would rather lose than fight.

J
Campfire Kahuna
Online Happy
Campfire Kahuna
J
That Bill Mahre is sure a hero!

Right? I have seen people here sing his praises.

That's why Republicans lose.

They are fùcking stupid.

I am MAGA.
D
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
D
I could see a Kennedy/Haley ticket happening.

For my family, we will only vote for TRUMP!!!!!!!

Liberalism is a cancer
Support Christian Family values
Campfire Regular
Online Content
Campfire Regular
Depends on what she and Trump work out.

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
zero chance, they'd loose black women BIG TIME with that one.

I kill chit. "The Heathens nest"
C
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
C
Originally Posted by acooper1983

JFC

*lose

E
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
E
Originally Posted by callnum
Originally Posted by acooper1983

JFC

*lose
Loose ass dumfuk

B
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
B
Originally Posted by Jim_Conrad
That Bill Mahre is sure a hero!

Right? I have seen people here sing his praises.

That's why Republicans lose.

They are fùcking stupid.

repubs need to stay out of the "social" issues. if they could do that , they would probably never lose.....bob

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

589 members (12344mag, 1beaver_shooter, 1234, 06hunter59, 17CalFan, 10Glocks, 62 invisible), 2,126 guests, and 1,240 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,192,767
Posts18,495,681
Members73,977
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.