Hop To
Page 2 of 4 1 2 3 4
B
BMT Offline
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
B
Are the grips available somewhere?

Already customized a J frame (Cylinder and Slide)

Last edited by BMT; 03/09/24.

"The Church can and should help modern society by tirelessly insisting that the work of women in the home be recognized and respected by all in its irreplaceable value." Apostolic Exhortation On The Family, Pope John Paul II

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Where can I find one of those?

Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
Lipsey's maybe Paul?

The desert is a true treasure for him who seeks refuge from men and the evil of men.
In it is contentment
In it is death and all you seek
(Quoted from "The Bleeding of the Stone" Ibrahim Al-Koni)

member of the cabal of dysfunctional squirrels?
M
Campfire Ranger
OP Offline
Campfire Ranger
M
Originally Posted by AcesNeights
Mackay….Your posts are always insightful and informative. In your “carrying a handgun you can fight with” thread I recall the .380 got less than favorable endorsements but now with the .32 it’s something worth carrying? I’m curious why a 32 is a “fighting” handgun but the 380 isn’t?

With firearms there are plenty of opinions out there and that’s not going to change any time soon but I’m curious what makes the 32 worth carrying while the 380 gets snubbed (pun intended)?

Thanks 👍🏼

Aces,

Very simple.

Penetration and low recoil.

The .380 is in the same caliber family as 9mm, .38 special, etc. Its performance has never been great.

The .32 has very minimal recoil and out performs a lot of the .38 Specials when fired from the same platforms (J Frames and similar) in terms of penetration.

You just are not going to get a .38 special that kicks like a .22, but penetrates 2 FEET of ballistic gel.

That is just hard to beat.

Still,

Lets bear in mind, keeping everything in context, that this is a pocket gun/BUG type gun. Everyone has to choose what they carry as a primary. Some will choose to carry a 6 shot revolver as their primary day to day gun, depending on their environment, and lifestyle, and some will choose something else.

I see J Frames as BUGs and not primary fighting guns. On a rare occasion I may carry it as a primary gun, but I don't make a habit of it personally. It is however, what I call my "always" gun. The gun I always have on me. Even when I come home, or may be fiddling around in the garage, yard, etc. I always have a J Frame in my pocket. When I take my suit coat off at a restaurant, I always have a J Frame in my pocket. etc, etc.

It is not an accident that my old 442 is so well worn. It did not get that way from sitting in the safe! smile

THE CHAIR IS AGAINST THE WALL.

The Tikka T3 in .308 Winchester is the Glock 19 of the rifle world.

The website is up and running!

www.lostriverammocompany.com

F
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
F
I have been watching for one of these since they came out. Thought a .32 in one of these as a summer walk to mail box, or yard work gun along with a pocket gun while bow hunting. I’m hoping to find one here before long.

IC B2

M
Campfire Ranger
OP Offline
Campfire Ranger
M
I have been shooting an LCR in .32 while doing the ammo development.

[Linked Image from i.imgur.com]

Plus each time I go out and shoot the Gen 5 Glock 21, I tend to shoot a few rounds through the LCR .32 H&R. The thing has such light recoil. I was talking about this this morning with a gal who is going to be buying one her girls a J Frame for when she sends her off to college. I told her that they are really a perfect gun for girls, but then I told her in reality the cartridge makes sense for guys too as the light recoil makes them so dang easy to shoot well, who wouldn't like that?

The LCR I have been playing with, doing the ammo development is kind of a cool gun. Very fun to shoot too. Ugly as sin, but I kind of warmed up to it after shooting it. But it is just not the same.

The Ultimate Carry J Frame is really basically an example of someone taking a standard J frame Centennial, then adding a series of very well thought out custom features. Then going to the manufacturer and convincing them to build it. That is exactly what Lipsey's did. If you started from scratch with a bone stock 442/432 and sent it off to a couple of custom gunsmiths to have this kind of work done, you would likely be looking at spending close to $2,000 by the time you got everything done and shipped it back and forth a few times.

This is really quite a well thought out package. From the chamfered charging holes in the cylinder :

To the awesome sights.

I really like my old 442, having carried it for more than 20 years, but the new gun is looking pretty darn promising.

B
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
B
I wish ruger made a 3" lcrx in 327 mag. I just picked one up in 38 and it's pretty handy weight and size wise and I like the adjustable sights. A had a 3" sp101 in 327 that I liked but someone talked me out of. The 327 still got decent speed from a 3" but the 101 was a little heavy and didn't have adjustable sights. A 6 shot 3" lcrx 327 would make a nice trail gun or carry gun.

Bb

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Ted, can you tell us what the MSRP is on the UC 432 in 32 H&R?

Thanks,
Tim

G
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
G
Originally Posted by BMT

Yeah, thought certain they were VZ but their wraparounds add length to the bottom as well, not wanted. OK, maybe Hogue. But can't find these particular ones there either, cover the backstrap at the top, & not extending the GF at the bottom.

OK, they are VZ's. found the Lipsey's add. But apparently VZ doesn't show them or I was unable to find them on their sight, but I'll make a call. They seem they might cure this model naturally pointing high for me.

Last edited by gunzo; 03/09/24.
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
I have a friend that picked up the .38 Special model a few weeks ago. Overall he is very happy with the gun but the front sight was not glowing at all. S&W said mail them the sight then they will send him a new one....

I could see "maybe" buy a new sight and we will refund the purchase price when we get the dead sight back... but their offer means 2 trips to the gunsmith. Not top shelf customer service IMO.

The friend also says he has read other complaints about non functional night sight on another forum (S&W forum IIRC). Sounds like a good idea to double check the sight before accepting one of these.

Please don't feed the trolls!
IC B3

M
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
M
I’m looking forward to my 442 and 432 Ultimate Carry guns getting here. Hopefully it won’t be long. There’s an unfired 332 Airlite coming my direction in June.
This is going to be a fun spring!

Mark

NRA Life Member
Anytime anyone kicks cancers azz is a good day!

~Molɔ̀ːn Labé Skýla~

Oh The Drama!
P
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
P
You need a razor in your shoe.

P

Obey lawful commands. Video interactions. Hold bad cops accountable. Problem solved.

~Molɔ̀ːn Labé Skýla~

Member #547
Join date 3/09/2001
W
WMR Offline
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
W
Originally Posted by Pharmseller
You need a razor in your shoe.

P

🤭

You must be kind of old.

G
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
G
Ah crap, tripped me up for a sec. "he had a 32 gun in his pocket for fun & a razor in his shoe. Bad Leroy Brown.

M
Campfire Ranger
OP Offline
Campfire Ranger
M
Originally Posted by TimZ
Ted, can you tell us what the MSRP is on the UC 432 in 32 H&R?

Thanks,
Tim

Tim,

I looked it up on the Lipsey's site here:

https://www.lipseys.com/crm/ultimat...campaign=2024-1-22-ultimate-carry-launch

It showed an MSRP of $759.

Don't have any idea what the gun stores or dealers will charge.

M
Campfire Ranger
OP Offline
Campfire Ranger
M
Originally Posted by Burleyboy
I wish ruger made a 3" lcrx in 327 mag. I just picked one up in 38 and it's pretty handy weight and size wise and I like the adjustable sights. A had a 3" sp101 in 327 that I liked but someone talked me out of. The 327 still got decent speed from a 3" but the 101 was a little heavy and didn't have adjustable sights. A 6 shot 3" lcrx 327 would make a nice trail gun or carry gun.

Bb

A 6 shot 3" with adjustable sights would be a pretty darn handy and lightweight trail gun.

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Thanks Ted, saw that it even has no internal lock….. will have to order me one.

A
add Offline
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
A
Originally Posted by Valsdad
Be nice

S&W numbering system is not "always" easy to figure out.

a 625 is not a .25 caliber

It's in the OP.

Double sheesh, with fingers.

Epstein didn't kill himself.

"Play Cinnamon Girl you Sonuvabitch!"

Biden didn't win the election.
P
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
P
Originally Posted by Mackay_Sagebrush
Originally Posted by Burleyboy

Bb

A 6 shot 3" with adjustable sights would be a pretty darn handy and lightweight trail gun.

My thoughts exactly. I want one, stainless or nitride.

Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
Originally Posted by gunzo
Originally Posted by BMT

Yeah, thought certain they were VZ but their wraparounds add length to the bottom as well, not wanted. OK, maybe Hogue. But can't find these particular ones there either, cover the backstrap at the top, & not extending the GF at the bottom.

OK, they are VZ's. found the Lipsey's add. But apparently VZ doesn't show them or I was unable to find them on their sight, but I'll make a call. They seem they might cure this model naturally pointing high for me.

I emailed them and asked earlier this week…. “Not available for retail purchase and cannot comment if they will or won’t be in the future” per Stephen at VZ.

Page 2 of 4 1 2 3 4

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

250 members (338reddog, 01Foreman400, 160user, 2UP, 257 mag, 35, 22 invisible), 1,795 guests, and 928 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,192,505
Posts18,490,623
Members73,972
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.