Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Page 3 of 3 1 2 3
F
Campfire Member
Campfire Member
F
Pretty certain they are not made in the same building. Nighthawks are really nicely built 1911s. A sixteen year old talon is still tight and extremely accurate after a heck of a lot of rounds. Trigger is perfect still. It’s not been babied and shows wear. A two year old 6” ten mm shoots also. Trigger is perfect also. It doesn’t get babied either. Heck of a picket pin killer and long range pinker

GB1

F
Campfire Member
Campfire Member
F
Well hell. Thought I put this in the Wilson versus nighthawk thread. Sorry gentleman, I made a mistake

B
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
B
Originally Posted by gunner500
That's funny Biebs old buddy, speaking of the little 9MM and drill bits:

Power Pistol powder didn't like compression with the long 137gr Hammer bullets this morning, good old Longshot is more compact and doesn't mind a bit of mashing on, second extrapolated shot with 6.3 gr Longshot, CCI 550's and COL of 1.160" ran the 137 Hammers 1198 fps, probably could have got more, but that's more than enough for my intended purposes, accuracy check later.

Could nearly reach over and grab empty cases with butt parked on shop back porch slab, maybe 4 feet, i think it's going to be a great load.

I really like longshot powder in my 9mm's too. It sends the bullets along in a hurry. That Power Pistol works really well in the 40 though. Both good/great powders IMHO..
Originally Posted by ratsmacker
If you get the chance, try some of Hornady's 115gr. HAP bullets. They're a "match hollowpoint" bullet that shoots extremely well. They are NOT made to open up, or expand at all, just HPs for accuracy's sake. That, they do in spades. I haven't shot their 124/125 HAPs, but the 115s cluster into nice little groups without much heartache (or load development). Supposedly, they're made to hold together when shooting steel targets, like for the Steel Challenge matches. I know my 9mms really like them.

They're sold in bulk boxes of 3000, too, so you a substantial break in price if you buy by the case.

The beauty in the HAP bullet is they are cheaper than the XTP's, and tend to shoot better. I have ran the 125's on bowling pins with great success. I don't see any difference in them and the XTP's, when they hit the pin. They would probably blow right through a coyote or 2 legged critter. Maybe not the best pill for that kind of work..

Originally Posted by raybass
I try to stick with the basics, they do so well. Nothing fancy mind you, just plain jane will get it done with style.
Originally Posted by Pharmseller
You want to see an animal drop right now? Shoot him in the ear hole.

BSA MAGA
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Nighthawk builds beautiful & functional guns & I've handled a few, never owned one, but do own a couple of Wilson's.

The smoothness & ball bearing like feel of the slide to frame fit is typical of a good highend semi auto.

Both NH & Wilson have gotten into to fairly wide range variants from the original 1911 & into a lot of versions in 9mm....................some I like, some not so much.

Glad you like what you bought & are happy with it. Good Luck.

MM

B
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
B
Gunner, don't you have to wear a suit and ties when you shoot a $5,000+ pistol? :-)

IC B2

D
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
D
Originally Posted by Biebs
Gunner, don't you have to wear a suit and ties when you shoot a $5,000+ pistol? :-)
Gunner in a suit….

That $5K pistol will tuck under his shirt just like the one/ones he carries.

Not even sure they’d bury him in a suit.

DF

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Just wait till he packs it in his cumberbund when he wears his tux.

D
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
D
Originally Posted by huntsman22
Just wait till he packs it in his cumberbund when he wears his tux.
I’d want a picture.

DF

G
Campfire 'Bwana
OP Offline
Campfire 'Bwana
G
Thanks Ratsmacker, putting these loads together i called an old Bud of mine, he uses that exact bullet in some 'hot' match loads, he also shoots a hot 147gr XTP load with a full 6gr of Power Pistol, that gave me the idea my load with the 137gr Hammer bullet was safe, it has very little bearing surface.

LD, they're great pistols, i can't see you being sorry for spending money on one, really top shelf craftsmanship.

Frank, yes, i heard a couple guys left Wilson and started the Nighthawk company.

Yes sir BSA, power pistol on the 40 and 45 ACP will ring more than a few bells lol.

Thanks MontanaMan, i really am liking the pipsqueek 9 in this weapon, really low recoil, just all very smooth, 9mm doesn't intially sit well with me in a 1911, but hell, who cries over a Glock chambered in the famous War Horse 45 ACP? no one, i have one sitting right here.

Biebs/DF/Hunts, yes, sadly i have suits, they're for folks getting hitched or ditched, but no cumberbunds, have heard of the word but will need to google, pretty sure there's not one here. cool

Trump Won!
M
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
M
Gunner,

Really like the looks of that bullet. Sounds like they ought to make that rig perform well above its fighting weight. Between the 137's and the double stack, that is a sweet little setup.

Check out my new website

http://www.howemtnknives.com/
IC B3

G
Campfire 'Bwana
OP Offline
Campfire 'Bwana
G
MTNMan1, Thanks, i like it too, near 4 times lighter and .355 instead of .505 inch and gong a thousand fps slower, but, you would not believe the straight line wreckage a 600gr Northfork cup nose solid will do from a 505 Gibbs on ALL manner of light and heavy African game, if the PH's like you a little and trust you a lot of cull animals can be taken across the species spectrum.

Huge difference i realize, but as you said, should help the lttle 9 punch harder, that is a great nose design be it hide/meat and bone or barriers. ; ]

Trump Won!
Page 3 of 3 1 2 3

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

157 members (35, arky65, 240NMC, 10Glocks, afisher, 12 invisible), 1,526 guests, and 847 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,192,503
Posts18,490,603
Members73,972
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.