Page 9 of 10 1 2 7 8 9 10
D
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
D
Originally Posted by RiverRider
Originally Posted by Dirtfarmer
Originally Posted by GringoCazador
I’ll make it simple. Only states would live in.

Oklahoma
Texas
Arkansas
Idaho
Maybe Kansas
Maybe Louisiana
Maybe Alabama

Indiana appears to be a conservative state but it’s surrounded buy the bad guys.
Interesting choices.

Southern Indiana along the Ohio River looks pretty good.

But they get a lot more snow than we do down South.

DF

There is some really beautiful country in southwest Indiana. I just doubt there's much public access to most of it.
I had a similar discussion with my wife some years ago. Her answer, most anywhere can be OK if you have money.

Now, doesn't that sound like a wise woman?

But, she makes a good point. Beautiful sites on the bluffs along the Ohio in SW Indiana can be had, just takes money...

DF

S
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
S
Any states have a few decent spots, some more than others...
The key to that is that the Government have no idea that you ever existed..and you have plenty of money in banks under other names than your own name. Just identify as "a transient."

Or just travel the country in a motor home.. under an alias.

"Minus the killings, Washington has one of the lowest crime rates in the Country" Marion Barry, Mayor of Wash DC

“Owning guns is not a right. If it were a right, it would be in the Constitution.” ~Alexandria Ocasio Cortez

P
Campfire Outfitter
Online Content
Campfire Outfitter
P
No matter where you go, there you are!

S
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
S
Originally Posted by Seafire
The key to that is that the Government have no idea that you ever existed..and you have plenty of money in banks under other names than your own name. Just identify as "a transient."

Or just travel the country in a motor home.. under an alias.

So that's the key. Who knew?

A wise man is frequently humbled.

S
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
S
California, Colorado, Washington, New York, Washington DC, no way no how

IC B2

I
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
I
The N. E. corner of California , Modac county California would likely be a nice place to live. Mountains and public land everywhere. I bet almost all the residents are conservatives too. You can be in Oregon or Nevada in an hour.

But the fruits of the spirit is love, joy, peace, patience, kindness, goodness,faithfulness, Gentleness and self control. Against such things there is no law. Galations 5: 22&23
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
The one state I would like to live in is SD

But, at 71 years old, I'm not going anywhere.

Virgil B.

Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
Washington lawmakers are killing the firearms industry, shutting down a legal industry. I don't much about other states so I can't say but Wa is a hard no-go.

LOL
A
AML Offline
Campfire Member
Campfire Member
A
I would not live in any state a lot of people are flocking to. If nobody wants to live there, that's where I prefer.

B
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
B
Originally Posted by wyoming260
Number one on anyone's list should be New Jersey, Most states have a least one redeeming quality. Not Jersey. That being said . I am convinced life is better for me where I am , no stress , less people and plenty of hunting and fishing, though I do wish there were more panfish to eat............
Ever been there? Politics aside, NJ has excellent fishing, waterfowling, bear and deer hunting. The Italian food is pretty good too.
I don't knownthat I would want to live there, but it doesn't have some redeeming qualities. You could certainly do much worse.

IC B3

B
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
B
Originally Posted by Winchester21
no matter what.
Simple for me. Any on the left coast, any east of the Mississippi. New Mexico, Colorado, Minnesota, Hawaii.
I just got back from Mesa. You can have that place.

D
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
D
Originally Posted by BWalker
Originally Posted by wyoming260
Number one on anyone's list should be New Jersey, Most states have a least one redeeming quality. Not Jersey. That being said . I am convinced life is better for me where I am , no stress , less people and plenty of hunting and fishing, though I do wish there were more panfish to eat............
Ever been there? Politics aside, NJ has excellent fishing, waterfowling, bear and deer hunting. The Italian food is pretty good too.
I don't knownthat I would want to live there, but it doesn't have some redeeming qualities. You could certainly do much worse.
Nice country in CA, away from the coast. Same for upstate NY, western PA, etc. just the stupid politics that taint the whole.

DF

C
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
C
There is only one joke regarding West Virginia...

Everything else is true.

If you are not actively engaging EVERY enemy you encounter... you are allowing another to fight for you... and that is cowardice... plain and simple.

Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
Originally Posted by earlybrd
Friend of mine is from Jersey heard him tell of the piney ppls
the Joysee Devil lives there

The desert is a true treasure for him who seeks refuge from men and the evil of men.
In it is contentment
In it is death and all you seek
(Quoted from "The Bleeding of the Stone" Ibrahim Al-Koni)

member of the cabal of dysfunctional squirrels?
N
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
N
Almost every state has its sweet spots and no states that I know of have a liberal free large cities . It boils down to the climate that you like and the population density that you are willing to live around. For all the bashing Oregon gets from a lot of the posters on here I’m fine with it stay where you’re happy. We have the ocean,clean rivers and streams, lakes to go with the high desert and mountains. Lots of public land and OTC tags for part of the state and you can choose to live in about any type of climate you want in the state other than tropical. The downside is politics in the big cities out vote the rest of the state as you know. There’s only a couple of states I couldn’t figure out how to survive in and mostly due the climate.

G
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
G
People talk about states they wouldn’t live in. I’m down to a handful of states I’d drive through.

Thanks, Billy
T
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
T
Having lived in 9 other states and traveled to all of them, every place has its crappy weather. You've got to decide what crappy weather you want to put up with.

W
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
W
Don’t discount cultural differences in different regions of the country. I myself would struggle outside the Carolinas or Appalachian region. I enjoy visiting other areas, but I am always glad to get home.

N
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
N
Originally Posted by wilkeshunter
Don’t discount cultural differences in different regions of the country. I myself would struggle outside the Carolinas or Appalachian region. I enjoy visiting other areas, but I am always glad to get home.
Understandable Wilkeshunter. Good point on the cultural differences as that is probably slower to change in an area than the population dynamics. There’s not many Norwegians where I live and I don’t ever see it changing. 🤞

Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
Originally Posted by MarineHawk
Originally Posted by Winchester21
Simple for me. ... any east of the Mississippi ...

Why?

Arizona, where you live, ended up in Biden’s camp in 2020. Whether or not that’s, in part, due to liberals there running the elections there, Arizona is WAY more liberal than many states east of the Mississippi.

For example, where I live, West Virginia went 69% for Trump—a higher percentage than every other state, except for Wyoming.

Arizona has voted blue in presidential elections twice since 1976. WVa on the other hand has done so 5 times in that same period. Az does tend to flip flop a bit between red and blue for the governorship, but not as much as WVa. And AZ is historically pretty well seated as red for senate and house over the same period, whereas WVa , not so much. Cudos to WVa for getting it together in recent years, but a one year hiccup for AZ (a very conservative state) with serious questions on election fraud during that time does not make for a bad state to live in.

Oh, yeah, the libs migrating in will destroy this state in future years, just like they do every other state they touch. But for now, less serious election fraud, AZ is still on the red team. With azz loads of public land, and a free 2A state, I'll take it. AZ was also (next to Alaska and Vermont) one of the first states to adopt constitutional carry. And open carry has never been an issue here.

Make no mistake, despite how the last presidential election and governor's election went, AZ is a red state. Don't throw the baby out with the bathwater... AZ will go so red this next go around that no amount of election fraud could possibly cover the spread.

Guns are responsible for killing as much as Rosie O'Donnel's fork is responsible for her being FAT.
Page 9 of 10 1 2 7 8 9 10

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

229 members (2500HD, 10gaugemag, 257_X_50, 10ring1, 1_deuce, 12savage, 31 invisible), 2,206 guests, and 1,185 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,192,502
Posts18,490,499
Members73,972
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.