Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Page 1 of 2 1 2
Campfire Regular
OP Offline
Campfire Regular
1911, Tisas,Ruger,Springfield.. how do they compare? which is the best ,relibility wise ,function, best parts (less MIM).least one to throw brass in face .Cost not worried about already know Tisas i cheapist. Iam talking about all 3 base Govt model , not the high ends

Last edited by rem shooter; 03/10/24.

NRA Life Member
GB1

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Not much difference, IMO, but I've only seen a couple of Tisas & was allowed to shoot one & it seems as good as the other 2 on the surface.

I really don't know about MIM content currently used in any of those 3 but likely quite a few parts are MIM.

We have a Ruger & a SA, & both are solid guns at their price points.

Except for relatively higher end guns, it pretty hard to get fully away from MIM today, & I'd want to for sure have a steel slide stop lever, hammer & safety.

Here's a failed S&W MIM safety, but I'd guess that Kimber probably uses more MIM than any other builder.

MM

[Linked Image from i.imgur.com]

Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
I don’t believe Tisas uses any MIM parts in some of their pistols.

Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
Tisas D10 will likely be my next 1911. I dumped my only SA due to their politics and will never consider another. Ruger gives you nothing for the extra cost...

Mark Begich, Joaquin Jackson, and Heller resistance... Three huge reasons to worry about the NRA.
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by Sitka deer
Tisas D10 will likely be my next 1911. I dumped my only SA due to their politics and will never consider another. Ruger gives you nothing for the extra cost...

If you are factoring in politics, why buy the Tisas made in a country that supports a terrorist organization? https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Turkish_support_for_Hamas#:~:text=Turkey%20provides%20financial%20and%20logistical,%2C%20including%20Saleh%20al%2DArouri.

IC B2

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Kinda hard for me to want to support anything from a Muslim country, given other similar choices.

MM

L
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
L
I'm currently have Tisas, Rock Island and Bul Armory.
none of every given me any issues. the Bul Armory is the better of all these by a substantial margin IMO .
it is the only 1911 that I have ever owned that I did not have to tune the extractor.
which is a pretty common I guess for many of them.
call it lucky or higher quality don't really know..

R
Campfire Outfitter
Online Content
Campfire Outfitter
R
If you're talking about 5" basic guns, my vote goes to the Springfield Garrison, it has lots of goodies at a great price. Ruger offers the same thing on their basic pistols, but they cost a lot more. I love the bluing on the Garrisons, the Rugers are stainless, while I have one, it's nowhere close to my favorite (out of 14 1911s). I have two Garrisons, and both are excellent shooters. 9mm and .45.

I have five SAs, and five Tisas, and I have to admit I like them better than my Colts, my RIAs, or that Ruger. I've never had a MIM part break (yet), but the Tisas haven't got any MIM parts these days, while SAs are loaded with them.

I just got one of the Carry B9R DS (double stack), and with some tinkering, it's feels more like a $2500 match pistol than a $700 basic pistol. Amazing, for the money. utterly amazing what a little work can do to them.

I don't like any of the basic GI type pistols, my eyes demand better sights and I'm spoiled with beavertail grip safeties, too. I'd sooner shoot a Glock than a 1911 without those items (just threw up in my mouth typing that).

You can roll a turd in peanuts, dip it in chocolate, and it still ain't no damn Baby Ruth.
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Originally Posted by rem shooter
1911, Tisas,Ruger,Springfield.. how do they compare? which is the best ,relibility wise ,function, best parts (less MIM).least one to throw brass in face .Cost not worried about already know Tisas i cheapist. Iam talking about all 3 base Govt model , not the high ends

I would look at Charles Daly Chiappa 1911 Field, these went through Italian proof house.

C
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
C
Originally Posted by PaulBarnard

If you are factoring in politics, why buy the Tisas made in a country that supports a terrorist organization? https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Turkish_support_for_Hamas#:~:text=Turkey%20provides%20financial%20and%20logistical,%2C%20including%20Saleh%20al%2DArouri.
LO eff'nn L! No country supports terrorists more than USA. If you think 6,000 American bombs a week dropped by Jews flying American bombers isn't the epitome of terror, you are one clueless hypocrite. The same Jews that shoot old men and little girls on their way to school for the crime of being wherever they are in their own land of Palestine. Gazan teenagers are permanently traumatized by 6 major massacres in their short lifetime. Turkey makes superb firearms. The Canik CZ clones are better made and more accurate than the Czech ones. Their striker fired pistols can't be beat for the money. Boycott Israel if you want to vote with your wallet and stop terror.

IC B3

Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
Originally Posted by PaulBarnard

I consider USA manufacturers giving big money to Anti-2A politicians and throwing their customers under the bus while deliberately obfuscating their history (stolen Valor in my mind) to be lower than some poor Turk without the time to worry about politics beyond his village.

Rock River is every bit as dirty as SA. Neither deserves a do-over or the option to repent due to the way the dirt bags handled it when caught with their thongs around their ankles. Americans back-stabbing Americans is far worse than a Turk being a Turk.

Mark Begich, Joaquin Jackson, and Heller resistance... Three huge reasons to worry about the NRA.
O
Campfire Regular
Online Content
Campfire Regular
O
I have a Ruger 10mm that I bought used, a Tisas government that I bought used, and a Springfield Ronin 9mm bought new. The Tisas is hands down the best gun for the money. It functions flawlessly, is very accurate and came with a decent trigger pull. The sights are small for my aging eyes but that’s fixable. I’ve only replaced the short trigger with a long one. The Ruger has been perfectly reliable, is exceptionally accurate (very close to my Les Baer for a third of the money) and is fit and finished fairly well. I did some trigger work and replaced some of the smaller parts (slide stop, safety) but only due to preference. The factory ones were perfectly functional. The Ronin caused me to reconsider any future Springfield handgun purchases. It had a rough chamber from the factory and wouldn’t extract empties. The slide to frame fit is poor and the cerakote is wearing quickly on the slide rails. The trigger is the worst of the 3 and may get redone if I don’t decide to sell it. If I could only have one of the three, it would be the Ruger, even if it’s not the best value.

Old70

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Originally Posted by rem shooter

Tisas, please buy more Turkish products. They also make very good, fig preserves, leather goods, pomegranate juice,.... and carpets. Turkey is part of NATO. The worst you can do is buy equipment from companies that supply similar equipment to the Chinese military, force which you will likely face in not to distant future. There are plenty on here who are wiling to bankroll your enemy. One example is very popular holosight peddled on here with disturbing regularity. I will save up little more to buy Trijicon or Aimpoint instead.

B
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
B
A lot of my buddies have 1911's, and I've shot some of theirs. The ones they seem to like best, are the Ruger 1911. That's 3 of my buddies that own the Ruger 1911. The triggers seem to be good, and they shoot very well. That's the one I'd pick, given the choice between the ones mentioned here. This is the one I almost bought a few weeks ago, but I need a 45 like I need a hole in my head. It will likely not change my mind about my 4506 being better..
[Linked Image from i.imgur.com]

Originally Posted by raybass
I try to stick with the basics, they do so well. Nothing fancy mind you, just plain jane will get it done with style.
Originally Posted by Pharmseller
You want to see an animal drop right now? Shoot him in the ear hole.

BSA MAGA
C
Campfire Greenhorn
Campfire Greenhorn
C
I like my Ruger 1911 but sometimes, more often than not, she likes to play games with ejection. Its been a few years since I had her out, maybe I'll go tomorrow and see if time solved this problem....

G
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
G
"more often than not, she likes to play games with ejection"

I'd have trouble liking that gun. Maybe a loose grip or limp wrist, but otherwise it needs to be fixed, & probably not hard to do. This is yet another report of why I'd choose the Tisas or Springfield.

The Tisas has been getting good feedback & nearly half the cost of the SA. F If I was in the market, and for $329 in stock at Buds Lex. store I'd have to try the Tisas.
BTW, the 320 dollar one doesn't appear to be completely mil-speck. Photo shows a lowered & flared ejection port, a sight upgrade & a commander style hammer. All good Imo. Cerakote tuns me off but at price I'd live with it.

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
I have a Ruger and it has ran perfectly and is very accurate. I know it is not the cheapest but Of the 3 I prefer the stainless Ruger.

If you find yourself in a hole....quit digging
B
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
B
I went with a Tisa DT10 for a 1911 with a bit more horsepower.

B
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
B
Springfield 1911a1 single stack 45 acp.

Forged frame and slide ( if s/n start s with "NM"), not cast like Ruger.
Forged, machined and finished in the USA, unlike These (Turkey mfg).

I have multiple 5 inch bbl SA MILSPEC, and Range Officer configurations. Had two SA 1911s MILSPECs one was 'smithed into a bullseye wadgun, the other into a hardball gun. All were carbon "blued" (non-stainless).

Here is the link from a post I entered on 1911forum.com about one of my stock Springfield 1911 MILSPECs: 5 shots in a 0.75" ragged hole at 50 feet with 200 grain homecast SAECO #69 200 grain SWC, hand-rested (not Ransom Rest). I go by "catboat" over there.
SA 1911 MILSPEC range report

Never had a FTF, FTE or any hiccup with any of them. They come with very good stainless barrels, but I went with Kart on the bullseye guns. Springfield doesn't make the Range Officer anymore (available used), but either the MILSPEC or Garrison would be a great choice if it has to be "new."

"Behavior accepted is behavior repeated."

"Strive to be underestimated."
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Originally Posted by buttstock
Springfield 1911a1 single stack 45 acp.

Forged frame and slide ( if s/n start s with "NM"), not cast like Ruger.
Forged, machined and finished in the USA, unlike These (Turkey mfg).

I have multiple 5 inch bbl SA MILSPEC, and Range Officer configurations. Had two SA 1911s MILSPECs another into a bullseye wadgun, and hardball gun. All were carbon " blued" ( non-stainless).

Never had a FTF, FTE or any hiccup with any of them. They come with excellent barrels, but went with Kart on the bullseye guns. Springfield doesn't make the Range Officer anymore (available used), but either the MILSPEC or Garrison would be a great choice if it has to be "new."

There is nothing wrong with cast frame. I have put several thousand rounds through Armscor and the only part besides recoil springs that needed replacement was the extractor. It qas 3.5" gun, therefore, springs needed replacement every 700 to 800 rounds.

Page 1 of 2 1 2

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

99 members (35, 44mc, 7887mm08, 7x57Hunter, Algotguns, Akhutr, 5 invisible), 1,463 guests, and 930 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,191,758
Posts18,476,415
Members73,942
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.