Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
B
Campfire Member
OP Offline
Campfire Member
B
I am looking to disassemble the trigger group on a model 12 so that I can re-blue the trigger guard. I can find plenty of resources on taking a model 12 apart; just not the trigger assembly.

Can anyone help me out?

Here is a little info on the project I am working on. It is close to coming together.

Last year I inherited a Model 12 shotgun. I have loved my pre 64 model 70s, but this is my first model 12. A little research showed that it is likely the trap model. 30" barrel and a full choke. I could see that there was some nice wood under the wear.

As inherited.......
[Linked Image from i.ibb.co] [Linked Image from i.ibb.co]

I figured it would be a fun project to restore. I have never refinished a stock or checkered before, but have a couple friends as resources and figured I would give it a shot. And I have a friend that does some real nice bluing. I do hunt a lot of birds and thought about modifying the choke, but my 11 year old has really been getting into trap, so figured we would just leave the barrel alone.

My buddy gave me a crash course on stock refinishing and checking, so I gave it a shot. That wood really came alive as I started to get the first few coats of oil on it, although I never could get the grain completely filled and just had to be ok with that. The third checkering panel ended up much better than the first as I learned how to do it. Re-checkering in old lines posed some challenges, too. I also ran into some soft/rotten parts that did not hold checkering well, but just stuck with it anyway.

Here are a few pics from along the way, and the final stock. Now I just need to get the trigger assembly apart so I can get it re-blued. Thanks for following along.

[Linked Image from i.ibb.co]

GB1

Campfire Tracker
Online Shocked
Campfire Tracker
There was a couple decent videos on YouTube. I've taken a few of mine apart for cleaning. Nice wood on that one, I like the straight stock as well. Nice work

S
Campfire Regular
Online Content
Campfire Regular
S
Nice work! I like the original metal patina myself. Good luck.

Old guy, old guns.

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

207 members (17CalFan, 2500HD, 10gaugemag, 257_X_50, 10ring1, 1_deuce, 27 invisible), 2,104 guests, and 1,162 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,192,502
Posts18,490,501
Members73,972
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.