Hop To
Page 1 of 7 1 2 3 4 5 6 7
A
Alan_C Online Content OP
Campfire Regular
OP Online Content
Campfire Regular
A
Was just thinking. I have a few bibles but rarely read them. Print is small and don’t know my way around the Bible to get what I would be interested in. A lot of folks go to church on Sunday so maybe there is no doubt some knowledgeable people who may contribute. I’m sure I will get some scolding for this! I think any good quotes but not limited to. Just use your own judgment.

C
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
C
No.

Old Corps

Semper Fi

FJB
G
Campfire Outfitter
Online Content
Campfire Outfitter
G
Well what do ya' know today is Sunday, but why exclude the other 6 days of the week?

Proverbs 1
King James Version

1 The proverbs of Solomon the son of David, king of Israel;

2 To know wisdom and instruction; to perceive the words of understanding;

3 To receive the instruction of wisdom, justice, and judgment, and equity;

4 To give subtilty to the simple, to the young man knowledge and discretion.

5 A wise man will hear, and will increase learning; and a man of understanding shall attain unto wise counsels:

6 To understand a proverb, and the interpretation; the words of the wise, and their dark sayings.

7 The fear of the Lord is the beginning of knowledge: but fools despise wisdom and instruction.

8 My son, hear the instruction of thy father, and forsake not the law of thy mother:

9 For they shall be an ornament of grace unto thy head, and chains about thy neck.

The Bible teaches universal truths.....

There are 31 Proverbs

There is no month with more than 31 days.

ya!

GWB

A Kill Artist. When I draw, I draw blood.
E
EdM Offline
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
E
I believe there was once a dedicated "Bible" area/section. For some reason it was pulled though I could be wrong. Rick could confirm...

Conduct is the best proof of character.
A
Alan_C Online Content OP
Campfire Regular
OP Online Content
Campfire Regular
A
Probably caused too much arguing. I sometimes watch a tv program on the Bible. It seems to bring a little bit of peace within myself. Your mileage may vary.

IC B2

Campfire Oracle
Online Happy
Campfire Oracle
Tune in to the “todays verses” thread someone starts.

If you take the time it takes, it takes less time.
--Pat Parelli

American by birth; Alaskan by choice.
--ironbender
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Yeah it was called Christ at the Campfire.
Google that term and you will find the archived subforum.

Let's Go Brandon! FJB
W
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
W
My advice is to check out bludog’s daily scripture posts. Research the scripture that he posts and that will naturally lead you to other scripture. Ultimately, join a good Sunday School class.

Last edited by wilkeshunter; 03/11/24.
A
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
A
Alan…. I can relate to the difficulty with the “small print”. 😉. I’ve always had excellent eyesight with 20/20 and 20/15 vision but in the past year I’ve noticed that reading my iPad or iPhone has become more difficult so I started buying 3 packs of reading glasses at Costco which makes all the difference. I’m 53 now so I imagine I’ll be using “cheaters”, as my grandpa called his glasses, for the rest of my days.

Our children bought me an “old man’s Bible” for Christmas. It has larger print so even without my “cheaters” on I can read the Good Word! I’ve never known a time in my life, even when I was just a kid, that I didn’t feel like I was walking with the Lord (He carried me a lot of the time) but as I get older I find that I lean on my Faith more than ever! I think that after a life of EMS where I’ve seen enough death and suffering for 100 lifetimes it was my Faith that brought me through that darkness. Raising our children to have the ROCK of Faith to lean on like I was fortunate to have is as important to me/us as anything else and I’m so proud that our children have that ROCK!

Our son, daughter, her boyfriend and my wife and I went to church this morning and we were pleasantly surprised to see my niece and nephew (who were home from college) came to church to join us! Afterwards we took them all out for breakfast….as I get older I find soul soothing pleasures in the simplest of things….like Church and chocolate pancakes. 😀

�Politicians are the lowest form of life on earth. Liberal Democrats are the lowest form of politician.� �General George S. Patton, Jr.

---------------------------------------------------------
~Molɔ̀ːn Labé Skýla~
A
Alan_C Online Content OP
Campfire Regular
OP Online Content
Campfire Regular
A
Aces , I always enjoy your posts! I laughed when I read Costco glasses. I built a house for a guy about 10 years ago. About your age then. I was cutting gable studs and they were always either too long or short. I could not figure what was going on. I finally brought my 1.25 power reading glasses I kept in the shop when I do machining. I could read a tape again. I’m now up to 1.75 power for work and 2.50 for reading. I’m too cheap to get prescription glasses. Guys always tease me cause I wear my 1.25s and have my 2.50s hanging from the collar of my shirt. I’ve also been called “Fred Sanford “. Entering the “Golden Years” LOL! Cheers! Alan

IC B3

A
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
A
Lol…I can relate my friend…..fashion these days consists of finding handy but unobtrusive ways to carry multiple pairs of glasses. 😀

�Politicians are the lowest form of life on earth. Liberal Democrats are the lowest form of politician.� �General George S. Patton, Jr.

---------------------------------------------------------
~Molɔ̀ːn Labé Skýla~
W
Campfire Kahuna
Online Content
Campfire Kahuna
W
Yes, and buy a large print Bible.

These premises insured by a Sheltie in Training ,--- and Cooey.o
"May the Good Lord take a likin' to you"
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
Alan,

I personally love your idea, but this is the wrong site for a Bible section. This is the most Anti-Christian forum that I am aware of. God hating.

B
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
B
Originally Posted by cooperfan
Alan,

I personally love your idea, but this is the wrong site for a Bible section. This is the most Anti-Christian forum that I am aware of. God hating.

you guys cant even agree among yourselves.....bob

I
Campfire Regular
Online Content
Campfire Regular
I
Originally Posted by AcesNeights
Lol…I can relate my friend…..fashion these days consists of finding handy but unobtrusive ways to carry multiple pairs of glasses. 😀
Search cliq readers on amazon. Love mine and never lose them

Attached Images
Last edited by IA_fog; 03/11/24.

We might have to be neighbors, but I don’t have to be neighborly. John Chisum
RAM Offline
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Alan,

Guess that all depends on YOUR definition of Christian.

Some of the scummiest POS vile corrupt evil beings claim to be devout Christians. More people have been killed in the name of Christianity than ANY other cause.

Sounds like something to end not promote.

America is (supposed to be) a Republic, NOT a democracy. Learn the difference, help end the lie. Fear a government that fears your guns.
W
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
W
Alan,

This has always surprised me. Sportsman in this region are nearly all Christians. Actually, I don’t think I’ve ever met one down here that wasn’t. We hold a dove hunt every year that will attract 50+ hunters and their families. We gave a prayer before our BBQ lunch, and every head bows. Many of my business lunch meetings include a prayer as well. I think this situation is very much regional. The anti folks are usually from distinct regions of the country.

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by RAM
More people have been killed in the name of Christianity than ANY other cause.
That is simply not true. It’s a fact that a whole lotta people have been killed over the last 2,000 years under the ideology of Christianity. But the notion that “more people have been killed in the name of Christianity than ANY other cause” is ridiculous.

Every day on this side of the ground is a win.
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
NO

A good principle to guide me through life: “This is all I have come to expect, standard lackluster performance. Trust nothing, believe no one and realize it will only get worse…”
RAM Offline
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Originally Posted by antlers
Originally Posted by RAM
More people have been killed in the name of Christianity than ANY other cause.
That is simply not true. It’s a fact that a whole lotta people have been killed over the last 2,000 years under the ideology of Christianity. But the notion that “more people have been killed in the name of Christianity than ANY other cause” is ridiculous.
Never heard of the Crusades huh?

America is (supposed to be) a Republic, NOT a democracy. Learn the difference, help end the lie. Fear a government that fears your guns.
Page 1 of 7 1 2 3 4 5 6 7

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

563 members (16gage, 1Longbow, 160user, 10ring1, 12344mag, 1beaver_shooter, 71 invisible), 2,554 guests, and 1,245 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,192,741
Posts18,495,082
Members73,977
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.