Print Thread
Hop To
Page 4 of 17 1 2 3 4 5 6 16 17
D
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
D
Originally Posted by 6MMWASP
I just found out that if you have a scope they deem unrepairable you can upgrade by paying the difference in price. I just sent in a 4-12 VXII LR Duplex, they offered a Freedom 30MM 4-12 side parallax TMR, CDS

I didn't want the side focus or the Freedom or the TMR reticle and asked if I could pay the difference to upgrade, answer was sure you can.

I got a 30MM VX-3HD 3.5-10 CDS, Firedot for $100 on the way.
Unless you got the original broken scope for free, you didn't get the new scope for $100. You just paid for it in installments, with the added trouble of dealing with a broken scope in the meantime.

GB1

Campfire Tracker
Online Content
Campfire Tracker
OK you and Jimmy win. Just trying to pass some info on that folks have an option, other than what they offer as a direct replacement.

Quite the deductive power realizing i got the scope for more than $100. I bet no one else thought of that.

Last edited by 6MMWASP; 03/11/24.
D
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
D
OK you and Jimmy win. Just trying to pass some info on that folks have an option, other than what they offer as a direct replacement.

Quite the deductive power realizing i got the scope for more than $100. I bet no one else thought of that.
You obviously didn't:
I got a 30MM VX-3HD 3.5-10 CDS, Firedot for $100 on the way.

J
Campfire Member
OP Offline
Campfire Member
J

What's the prize???

Love Ksmïthïnhïzzër/fląvöřÐ.
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by Jimmypop

What's the prize???

Copper Stolen Valor Medal with Fake SEAL device.

Congratulations. Now you have 2 but you got this one as a sockpuppet.

[Linked Image from external-content.duckduckgo.com]

John Burns

I have all the sources.
They can't stop the signal.

IC B2

B
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
B
It would be nice if both Leupold and Nosler would move out of Oregon and go to somewhere like Wyoming. Likely they’d find folks that are willing to work and could save some money so they could make a better product at a better price. I believe Weatherby reduced their power bill five fold by moving out of California. At the end of the day there will always be something to use whether or not it has Leupold written on it is up to them.

Keep your powder dry and stay frosty my friends.
J
Campfire Member
Campfire Member
J
Of all the “industry jobs” you’ve been involved in, how many have you not been fired from? Lol. You’re a f’n D’bag!

Last edited by JessG; 03/11/24.
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Having closed the custom shop is there a future.

Personally I no longer care. Plenty of FAR BETTER choices out there. Only thing I might miss is their light weight, but then again that's a big price to pay if they do not work right.

https://thehandloadinglog.wordpress.com
μολὼν λαβέ

"Weatherby was too long so I nicknamed it "Bee""
H
Campfire Outfitter
Online Content
Campfire Outfitter
H
Originally Posted by Boarmaster123
With the costs associated with having a repair shop I doubt its economically feasible to repair any scope that costs them less than a certain amount to produce. They know what that number is.

Better for them to just send you a new model with or with a credit to upgrade. It may not make 100% of their customers happy but the largest percentage of them are going to be happy with getting a new model as a replacement or a cheap upgrade.

I would guess that custom shop started to cost them too much to make any benefit they got from it to warrant keeping it going.

I think the custom shop cost them sales of new scopes. When you could buy a used model, send it to the custom shop for new features and still be well under the cost of the new model it’s a hard sell to the bean counters to keep that service available.

I can walk on water.......................but I do stagger a bit on alcohol.
S
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
S
I have owned any Leupold scopes over the years, they have worked well for me, light weight, and good value IMHO. I did have a couple of problems with used scopes I had purchased here or on other sites and they were repaired or replaced in a very timely manner. Leupold has become the punching bag on the "fire", which is a simple case of piling on. Maybe we should find something else to piss and moan about! BTW get off my lawn!

Last edited by Switch; 03/13/24.
IC B3

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
BTY?????

https://thehandloadinglog.wordpress.com
μολὼν λαβέ

"Weatherby was too long so I nicknamed it "Bee""
J
Campfire Member
OP Offline
Campfire Member
J
Originally Posted by JohnBurns

What's the prize???

Copper Stolen Valor Medal with Fake SEAL device.

Congratulations. Now you have 2 but you got this one as a sockpuppet.

[Linked Image from external-content.duckduckgo.com]

Only thing stolen is the space I occupy in your head John. Do the Leupold sunglasses come in XXXL so you can wear them.

J
Campfire Member
OP Offline
Campfire Member
J
Originally Posted by Switch
I have owned any Leupold scopes over the years, they have worked well for me, light weight, and good value IMHO. I did have a couple of problems with used scopes I had purchased here or on other sites and they were repaired or replaced in a very timely manner. Leupold has become the punching bag on the "fire", which is a simple case of piling on. Maybe we should find something else to piss and moan about! BTY get off my lawn!

I guess I could have ask if the public school system is beyond repair. Your response would have covered both questions. Winks

W
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
W
Leupold has become the punching bag on the "fire", which is a simple case of piling on.

There is a weird anomaly here. Visit virtually any other hunting or shooting forum and you don't see 1/20 th of the Leupold bashing that you see here. Oh sure you see the occasional person talking about a problem with a Leupold at other sites but no more than any other brand and far less than some. (I'm looking at you Vortex)

Then you come here and there is this little click of people that claim to have had a 100% Leupold failure rate. Nope, never had a good one ever. All 14 of them they have owned all chit the bed in spectacular fashion. Kind of makes you wonder why they kept buying them after the first 6 failed but logical thinking like that just gets in the way of a good story. It's also strange that many of us have had 5 or 6 and never had a wisp of a problem. Odd that the failure rate for some is 100% while being 0% for others. Seems like it would even out a bit more. LOL!

I expect any day now to see some newbie trying to make a splash with the "He-Man Leupold Haters Club" by claiming that the Leupold scope he bought crawled off the top of his rifle in the middle of the night; knocked his daughter up, took a huge dump in the guest bathroom without flushing, poisoned the dog; and keyed his car on the way out the driveway. I mean if you are going to exaggerate at least make it interesting.

Last edited by Willto; 03/13/24.
D
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
D
Originally Posted by Hammerdown
They showed us how smart they were when they put out that video a few years ago, with those Flat-Brimmers.

Those fellas didn't know stink from Shinola.
That came across as arrogant and condescending, didn’t help their cause.

I have several Leopolds, but any new ones I pick up are other brands.

They’ve replaced any problem ones I’ve sent back. Gotta give them credit for good CS.

DF

R
Campfire Ranger
Online Content
Campfire Ranger
R
Originally Posted by bsa1917hunter
Loaded question, but I think a lot of people moved on a long time ago.

I did in 1998. In the 70's, Leupold was the premium optic, something to be proud of. My last use of a Leupold was in 1998 when I walked out back and compared a Leupold Vari-X II with a Swarovski Habicht, both 3-9X. There was no comparison.

By the way, in case you missed it, Jeremiah was a bullfrog.
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
Originally Posted by Willto
Leupold has become the punching bag on the "fire", which is a simple case of piling on.

There is a weird anomaly here. Visit virtually any other hunting or shooting forum and you don't see 1/20 th of the Leupold bashing that you see here. Oh sure you see the occasional person talking about a problem with a Leupold at other sites but no more than any other brand and far less than some. (I'm looking at you Vortex)

Then you come here and there is this little click of people that claim to have had a 100% Leupold failure rate. Nope, never had a good one ever. All 14 of them they have owned all chit the bed in spectacular fashion. Kind of makes you wonder why they kept buying them after the first 6 failed but logical thinking like that just gets in the way of a good story. It's also strange that many of us have had 5 or 6 and never had a wisp of a problem. Odd that the failure rate for some is 100% while being 0% for others. Seems like it would even out a bit more. LOL!

I expect any day now to see some newbie trying to make a splash with the "He-Man Leupold Haters Club" by claiming that the Leupold scope he bought crawled off the top of his rifle in the middle of the night; knocked his daughter up, took a huge dump in the guest bathroom without flushing, poisoned the dog; and keyed his car on the way out the driveway. I mean if you are going to exaggerate at least make it interesting.

Made me smile, chuckle even. Good way to start the day.

Thank you.

Every day’s an adventure.
B
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
B
[quote]

Happens almost weekly.....Almost always preceded by...."I have always been a Leupold user"....and ends with...."I hope they can recover, however until then...."

laissez les bons temps rouler
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by Reloder28
Originally Posted by bsa1917hunter
Loaded question, but I think a lot of people moved on a long time ago.

I did in 1998. In the 70's, Leupold was the premium optic, something to be proud of. My last use of a Leupold was in 1998 when I walked out back and compared a Leupold Vari-X II with a Swarovski Habicht, both 3-9X. There was no comparison.
I did in 1986......
No light duty loopie erectors for me.
dave

[Linked Image]

Only accurate rifles are interesting.
K
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
K

Justification for using Asian optics. HINT.
And the same site where some actually believe the BS from BS. So, the gullible factor. Another HINT.

Page 4 of 17 1 2 3 4 5 6 16 17

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

622 members (1beaver_shooter, 160user, 1badf350, 10Glocks, 10gaugemag, 219 Wasp, 68 invisible), 2,743 guests, and 1,272 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,193,830
Posts18,516,927
Members74,017
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.