Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Page 3 of 3 1 2 3
RAS Offline
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Mark showing up to interview them, was the best thing that ever happened to that family.

"...aspire to live quietly, and to mind your own affairs, and to work with your hands, as we instructed you, so that you may walk properly before outsiders and be dependent on no one." - Paul to the church in Thessalonica.

GB4

Campfire Kahuna
OP Online Content
Campfire Kahuna
Originally Posted by KFWA
honestly, did you guys expect it to turn out any different?

with the crowd he works with, they aren't going to be the last to try to take advantage of him.

He seems like a genuinely nice guy, but the first time he gave them money for whatever emergency they had, the spigot was open. I think he had an expectation they understood gofundmes, internet ad revenue and the like.

note: after watching the video, I feel for the guy but yea, giving most of those people money was going to lead to issues he didn't want. He should have known that.

I’ve watched dozens and dozens of Mark’s Soft White Underbelly interviews.
He seems very sincere and as explained he has other Go Fund Me accounts to help some of the really sad/bad cases.
His interviews are some of the VERY FEW things I can watch on Youtube for more than 10 mins.
Many of so compelling and just draw me in, even some of his hour+ talks, I have to just keep watching.

Campfire Outfitter
Online Content
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by ironbender
Did a search. Mark Laita?

Any more info?
Do a search on the town of Odd WV and follow the trail. I accidently drove through there following my GPS compass on my way home from Pennsylvania in October.

My GPS doesn't have a route feature, it just points toward home.

Patriotism (and religion) is the last refuge of a scoundrel.

Jesus: "Take heed that no man deceive you."
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
yea I've watched several of his videos too, some of them are heartbreaking.

Those Whittakers - I know they didn't know better but they let that Taylor L. guy making his youtube videos for clicks goad them, they try to be coy about money they are getting , I assume in the hopes that they'll get more from other sources, in the end its going to bite them because Mark Laita is now going to stop funding them and everyone else.

Last edited by KFWA; 03/12/24.

have you paid your dues, can you moan the blues, can you bend them guitar strings
T
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
T
Originally Posted by slumlord

with the crowd he works with, they aren't going to be the last to try to take advantage of him.

He seems like a genuinely nice guy, but the first time he gave them money for whatever emergency they had, the spigot was open. I think he had an expectation they understood gofundmes, internet ad revenue and the like.

note: after watching the video, I feel for the guy but yea, giving most of those people money was going to lead to issues he didn't want. He should have known that.

He seems very sincere and as explained he has other Go Fund Me accounts to help some of the really sad/bad cases.
His interviews are some of the VERY FEW things I can watch on Youtube for more than 10 mins.
Many of so compelling and just draw me in, even some of his hour+ talks, I have to just keep watching.

He seems to do a good job of setting folks at ease and letting them tell their own story without being overly directive to any kind of preconceived narrative.

Peter Santenello is another pretty good watch. Like everything else, some stuff is more interesting than other.

IC B2

Campfire Outfitter
Online Content
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by TOPCATHR
They look like a bunch of inbred goobers.......like the royal family, You tell me King Charles doesn't look like he could be their Uncle......
The mother and father of this gang were very poor double first cousins which is just about genetically the same as brother and sister. Their ancestors were also kinfolks. They communicate in grunts, barks, and squeals. One lady speaks English and interprets.

Patriotism (and religion) is the last refuge of a scoundrel.

Jesus: "Take heed that no man deceive you."
G
Campfire Ranger
Online Content
Campfire Ranger
G
Originally Posted by Hastings
Originally Posted by TOPCATHR
They look like a bunch of inbred goobers.......like the royal family, You tell me King Charles doesn't look like he could be their Uncle......
The mother and father of this gang were very poor double first cousins which is just about genetically the same as brother and sister. Their ancestors were also kinfolks. They communicate in grunts, barks, and squeals. One lady speaks English and interprets.

Sounds like you're describing the last Campfire get-together.

Campfire Kahuna
OP Online Content
Campfire Kahuna
Mark said in that piece that whenever he popped in for a visit, he would put $3,000-$4,000 on them. And mark his been visiting them since about 2012-2013 ish.

Plus the videos of Mark renting a van and hauling them to walmart. 2 trips that I know of.

He will tell Lorraine, Timmy (her son thru rape), Ray, Betty to get each own shopping cart and get whatever/anything you want, fill the cart, it’s “all taken care of” so that may also be above and beyond the regular donations coming in from Go Fund Me no.1.

Another time I thought I had heard Mark say he gave em $25,000 out of own pocket.

Which don’t get me wrong his videos are monetized. So Mark does ok with the millions and millions of views on his 100+ videos. Maybe more.

J
Campfire Kahuna
Online Happy
Campfire Kahuna
J

It sounds cliche, but I really have a different view on some of the issues when it comes to homeless and drug abuse from watching those interviews.

Those are some deep deep issues....generally starting from early childhood. Abuse, neglect....really tragic what some people go through.

I am MAGA.
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by Jim_Conrad

It sounds cliche, but I really have a different view on some of the issues when it comes to homeless and drug abuse from watching those interviews.

Those are some deep deep issues....generally starting from early childhood. Abuse, neglect....really tragic what some people go through.

I saw some comments on some of his videos and more than a few people made that same connection - one person said if you don't learn anything else from Mark's videos, you understand the importance of good parenting

have you paid your dues, can you moan the blues, can you bend them guitar strings
IC B3

J
Campfire Kahuna
Online Happy
Campfire Kahuna
J
Originally Posted by Jim_Conrad

I saw some comments on some of his videos and more than a few people made that same connection - one person said if you don't learn anything else from Mark's videos, you understand the importance of good parenting

Yeah...and if that fails...as Mark says a lot...love each other more.

I am MAGA.
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Hold on here... Go Fund me donations are taxable income?

Did not know that. Thought it was a "gift".

Page 3 of 3 1 2 3

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

586 members (007FJ, 10gaugemag, 10gaugeman, 160user, 1beaver_shooter, 12344mag, 52 invisible), 2,029 guests, and 1,173 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,191,877
Posts18,478,964
Members73,947
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.