Campfire Tracker
B
Originally Posted by antelope_sniper
Originally Posted by bluefish
Originally Posted by tdoyka
And where does evidence of logic emanate from?

"Objective truth refers to information or statements that correspond to reality independent of individual perspectives, emotions, or biases. It remains constant regardless of who observes or interprets it. The concept finds its roots in logic and empirical evidence, emphasizing the necessity of verifiable and repeatable facts.

Objective truth doesn’t waver based on personal opinions or cultural norms; rather, it remains steadfast and unchanging."

as i said 2 + 2 = 4. if you have 2 apples and you add another 2 apples, how many apples do you have? 4

hold a ball at shoulder length, turn your hand over and let the ball go. what happens? the ball falls down to the floor.

each of these cases always come to the truth. now if you were outside in space and turn your hand over and let the ball go, it will probably stay there. why? you changed locations. on Earth, the ball will fall. in space, the ball will stay there.

if you are in space and you have 2 apples and then you add another 2 apples, you have 4 apples.

Objective truth emanates from something beyond humanity. Such things are by their nature eternal. An absolute if you will. This points to intelligent design and the only one that can be is God. As for believing it is an article of faith.

Buuuuullshìt.

Let’s hear your contra argument then. If objective truth is not man made then it is made by something else is it not?

In the end each of us will have the ultimate question answered.

2 rocks plus 2 rocks is 4 rocks. No one "made" it so, it just is.

Zeus, no Zeus, Quetzalcóatl, no Quetzalcóatl, Man, no man, makes no difference, it just is.

So, existence? And what is the causal agent of existence?

The way life should be.

Campfire Tracker
Online Content
Campfire Tracker
Originally Posted by KillerBee
One thing is an ABSOLUTE CERTAINTY, we are all going to find out in the end. Some of us sooner than others.

I know there are angles and nobody can convince me otherwise, and since there are angles, there is God.

AMEN!

That seems like a pretty obtuse answer.

How do angles prove God?

Can you measure him with a protractor?

I believe and have faith, that one can not exist without the other.

I am not a bible thumper, I have no desire to convince anybody of anything.

Faith is a personal decision, you either have it or you do not. I grew up in a household of atheists, my remaining family members are still atheists, and I have no issues with that.

Last edited by KillerBee; 03/12/24.

KB

D
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
D
Matthew 7:6

Do not give dogs what is holy, and do not throw your pearls before pigs, lest they trample them under foot and then turn to attack you

Liberalism is a cancer
Support Christian Family values
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by Dons99
"The Jews would pile their sins upon a goat and kill it for forgiveness, the Christians said, "Hold my beer"."

Christians didn't kill Christ, God the Father willingly sent him to die on a cross because of his love for us.

The most well known verse in all the bible explains it...John 3:16 For God so loved the world, that he gave his only begotten Son, that whosoever believeth in him should not perish, but have everlasting life.
As I said in a earlier post God didn't make us robots, we all have free will to love Him, hate Him, believe Him, ignore Him or rebel against Him. He gave us that choice

More likely it's was like a Hellenistic period version of "Mad Men" brainstorming how to market their new religion.

"Hey I know, no more killing goats! Instead of the magic blood of goats or first born human sons, our religions will be powered by the blood of Gods Son. That's way cooler than goats blood, and best of all, no more religious killing of goats. It's a built in tax break!"
- - - -from earlier - - - - "In reply to the non-threatening professions of belief, and the freedom for acceptance or rejection as one wishes, what is the cause for action - the commanding force - for those who attack/criticize/deride?"

NRA Member - Life, Benefactor, Patron
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
Originally Posted by Dixie_Rebel

Do not give dogs what is holy, and do not throw your pearls before pigs, lest they trample them under foot and then turn to attack you
Yeah I know but not ready to tap out yet, I was pretty stubborn also before I was knocked to the ground..

"Drop that or by the splendor of God I will blow your heart out." Kit Carson

"Make sure you are doing what God wants you to do then do it with all your strength." George Washington
IC B2

K
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
K
Originally Posted by Houston_2
Originally Posted by killahog
I do not. What I do believe is that human beings are genetically predisposed to believe in a God, some more than than others and this is why some cannot fathom that the possibility exists that God does not exist.

As you non believers so often are fond of saying, prove it.

What a strange twist a believer is asking a non believer to (Prove) what I believe .

Proud to be an American
United States Marine

H
Campfire Outfitter
Online Content
Campfire Outfitter
H
Originally Posted by Houston_2
I do not. What I do believe is that human beings are genetically predisposed to believe in a God, some more than than others and this is why some cannot fathom that the possibility exists that God does not exist.

As you non believers so often are fond of saying, prove it.

What a strange twist a believer is asking a non believer to (Prove) what I believe .

Not at all.

Prove what you don’t believe, that there is no God.

A
Campfire 'Bwana
Online Content
Campfire 'Bwana
A
Originally Posted by tdoyka
And where does evidence of logic emanate from?

"Objective truth refers to information or statements that correspond to reality independent of individual perspectives, emotions, or biases. It remains constant regardless of who observes or interprets it. The concept finds its roots in logic and empirical evidence, emphasizing the necessity of verifiable and repeatable facts.

Objective truth doesn’t waver based on personal opinions or cultural norms; rather, it remains steadfast and unchanging."

as i said 2 + 2 = 4. if you have 2 apples and you add another 2 apples, how many apples do you have? 4

hold a ball at shoulder length, turn your hand over and let the ball go. what happens? the ball falls down to the floor.

each of these cases always come to the truth. now if you were outside in space and turn your hand over and let the ball go, it will probably stay there. why? you changed locations. on Earth, the ball will fall. in space, the ball will stay there.

if you are in space and you have 2 apples and then you add another 2 apples, you have 4 apples.

Objective truth emanates from something beyond humanity. Such things are by their nature eternal. An absolute if you will. This points to intelligent design and the only one that can be is God. As for believing it is an article of faith.

Buuuuullshìt.

Let’s hear your contra argument then. If objective truth is not man made then it is made by something else is it not?

In the end each of us will have the ultimate question answered.

2 rocks plus 2 rocks is 4 rocks. No one "made" it so, it just is.

Zeus, no Zeus, Quetzalcóatl, no Quetzalcóatl, Man, no man, makes no difference, it just is.

So, existence? And what is the causal agent of existence?
Agent is a loaded word.
Why is there existance vs non existance?
We don't know.

You didn't use logic or reason to get into this opinion, I cannot use logic or reason to get you out of it.

You cannot over estimate the unimportance of nearly everything. John Maxwell
J
Campfire Oracle
Campfire Oracle
J
Originally Posted by gregintenn
Originally Posted by JSTUART
Originally Posted by gregintenn
I believe in God.

Christians are supposed to tell non believers about God's saving grace. I've yet to understand why this upsets some people so much. Listen, believe it, don't believe it, ignore it, make fun of those who profess the truth, whatever. Just understand that is what we are tasked with doing. It isn't meant to offend or insult unbelievers, it is simply our job.

And when some commie climate twit preaches at you you will be fine with that, what about sitting there listening to biden or the gay brigade.

Same thing sport...it is intrusive and fucking annoying having some control freak telling me how to think.
At that point, I am commanded to dust off my feet and move on. Your blood will not be on my hands.

Bingo.

Ecc 10:2
The heart of the wise inclines to the right, but that of a fool to the left.

A Nation which leaves God behind is soon left behind.

"The Lord never asked anyone to be a tax collector, lowyer, or Redskins fan".

I Dindo Nuffin
J
Campfire Oracle
Campfire Oracle
J
Originally Posted by Dixie_Rebel

May well be the reason GOD didn't want us to have tangible proof. Maybe HE didn't want those dogs and swine messing up our lives in Heaven. After all, Heaven wouldn't be Heavenly with dogs and pigs howling and squealing when the church bells ring up there they way they do on the Fire. grin

I Dindo Nuffin
IC B3

J
Campfire Oracle
Campfire Oracle
J
Originally Posted by Snowwolfe
Originally Posted by COLORADO_LUCKYDOG
I just know I would never want to be on the streets of gold while others in the world are burning in a hell. That is just ridiculous to think that is truth. If it is truth, then God is bad. I don't believe that if God is real, he is bad. I hope he would be a good and great God or nothing at all.

This is what causes me not to believe. How could any God with all his forgiveness and love be such a prick and send people to hell just because they didn't believe in him?
I just don't get it.

I'm glad so many of you have such deep faith. But my brain just isnt wired that way.

Tel-A-Vision and it's Puppetmaster, Satan, can trick or indoctrinate people to think that way.

Some have been tricked and indoctrinated to the point they think evil is good, Bidet got 81 million votes, the Jab will prevent Covid-19, masks prevent Covid-19, ....... whistle

I Dindo Nuffin
M
Campfire Outfitter
Online Content
Campfire Outfitter
M
Yes.

"...A man's rights rest in three boxes: the ballot box, the jury box and the cartridge box..." Frederick Douglass, 1867

( . Y . )
T
Campfire Member
Campfire Member
T
God is good, flesh is evil. Everyday pick up your burden and carry it. Jesus will help you if you ask him too.
With all that I am,I believe in Jesus. My relationship with Jesus is more important than anything else.

M
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
M
Originally Posted by Snowwolfe
Originally Posted by COLORADO_LUCKYDOG
I just know I would never want to be on the streets of gold while others in the world are burning in a hell. That is just ridiculous to think that is truth. If it is truth, then God is bad. I don't believe that if God is real, he is bad. I hope he would be a good and great God or nothing at all.

This is what causes me not to believe. How could any God with all his forgiveness and love be such a prick and send people to hell just because they didn't believe in him?
I just don't get it.

I'm glad so many of you have such deep faith. But my brain just isnt wired that way.
People go to hell because they/we are sinners myself included. God is good and loving but don't forget that he is also righteous. God desires that no one go to hell but He didn't make robots, we have free will. Thats why He sent his Son to die on a cross. Jesus took the punishment WE had coming and thus we can be forgiven by just believing and excepting that forgiveness. You ask if God is loving, well would you send your own son to die for someone else...
There's an old saying that people have to step over Jesus dead body to get to hell.

The Jews would pile their sins upon a goat and kill it for forgiveness, the Christians said, "Hold my beer".

And Jesus said "Wait...what?..."

Originally Posted by mauserand9mm
Originally Posted by Raspy
Whatever you said...everyone knows you are a lying jerk.

That's a bold assertion. Point out where you think I lied.

Well?
M
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
M
One thing is an ABSOLUTE CERTAINTY, we are all going to find out in the end. Some of us sooner than others.

I know there are angles and nobody can convince me otherwise, and since there are angles, there is God.

AMEN!

That seems like a pretty obtuse answer.

How do angles prove God?

Can you measure him with a protractor?

I believe and have faith, that one can not exist without the other.

I am not a bible thumper, I have no desire to convince anybody of anything.

Faith is a personal decision, you either have it or you do not. I grew up in a household of atheists, my remaining family members are still atheists, and I have no issues with that.

What type of brain trauma did you experience and how did it happen?

Originally Posted by Raspy
Whatever you said...everyone knows you are a lying jerk.

That's a bold assertion. Point out where you think I lied.

Well?
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
Wrong question. Does god believe in me?
RB

Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
That's why some of us try so hard to help the world.

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
I’m not convinced on God,

But have little doubt the Devil exists,

Some evil stuff out there now and then.

J
Campfire Oracle
Campfire Oracle
J
Originally Posted by champlain_islander
No. I grew up catholic and now as an adult I realized the line of crap they indoctrinated us with.

I PTL I was brought up Christian and wasn't turned against The Creator, GOD ALMIGHTY, by Satan's minions and thieves and pedophiles.

May GOD have mercy on you and bless you as your needs may be.

[Linked Image from i.postimg.cc]

[Linked Image from i.postimg.cc]host images free

I Dindo Nuffin
S
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
S
Christians didn't kill Christ, God the Father willingly sent him to die on a cross because of his love for us.

Please explain how sending your only son to his death is a sign of love?

My biggest fear is when I die my wife will sell my guns for what I told her they cost.
Page 15 of 64 1 2 13 14 15 16 17 63 64

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

501 members (10gaugeman, 1minute, 1Longbow, 10ring1, 1234, 59 invisible), 2,341 guests, and 1,204 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,193,126
Posts18,502,517
Members73,989
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.