Print Thread
Hop To
Page 4 of 4 1 2 3 4
E
EdM Offline
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
E
Seems my wife likes her Weber she purchased 15 years ago.

Conduct is the best proof of character.

J
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
J
Originally Posted by hillestadj
Originally Posted by Cheesy
Wife just bought this one. Not sure what her plans. It’s gas. And wood. Grill. Smoke. Direct. Indirect. Take your pick…

[Linked Image from i.postimg.cc]

Did you tell her the rims don't match?

Must be part of the trailer park appeal.

I am MAGA.
J
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
J
After years of dealing with rusted out gas grill inside bottom halfs, replacing rusted, corroded, pitted burner assemblies/racks/etc./etc., then trashing old grill and buying new ones, then repeating all the above processes again and again, I believe I've stumbled on the key to increasing a gas grills longevity regardless how expensive or cheap it is.

What I did was I completely quit cooking anything directly on the grills rack and instead now cook everything on a rack inserted in a rectangle pan (basically a cookie pan) placed on top of grill rack. With a gas grill what you're doing is really not true grilling but baking/broiling food. Cooking on the pan on top of grill rack keeps grease and dried food crud in the pan and not building up on top of burner deflector, burners, bottom of grill base, etc. which I believe is the root cause of rust and corrosion building up in gas grills and assemblies.

I've got a cheap, flimsy made grill now, bought it about 4 (+/-) years ago, cook everything on rack inside "cookie-pan" on top of grill rack and now 4 years later the burners, deflector and inside bottom of grill base still looks almost as good as the day I first got it. Food tastes no different than when I used to cook directly on grill rack.

Stainless Steel Baking Pan Cookie Sheet with Cooling Rack,

As always, YMMV...

G
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
G
Another vote for a Weber Kettle. Paired with a infra red only grill for steaks and chops.

Note: Putting steak tenderizer on your steaks before cooking will destroy any grid and burner over time.

Gun Shows are almost as comical as boat ramps in the Spring.
W
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
W
The Weger Q series are a nice grill.

These premises insured by a Sheltie in Training ,--- and Cooey.o
"May the Good Lord take a likin' to you"
IC B2

F
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
F
Originally Posted by Dogpopper
Originally Posted by OrangeDiablo
Save a few more bucks and go Napoleon. Just do it.....

I don’t have anything against Weber but owning two separate webers through the years and now having a Napoleon… spend the extra and go Napoleon.

I bought a clearance priced Napoleon through Lowes about three years ago.....best gas grill I've ever owned!!!

Frog---OUT!

~Molɔ̀ːn Labé Skýla~
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
Originally Posted by Jim_Conrad
Originally Posted by Cheesy
Wife just bought this one. Not sure what her plans. It’s gas. And wood. Grill. Smoke. Direct. Indirect. Take your pick…

[Linked Image from i.postimg.cc]

Did you tell her the rims don't match?

Must be part of the trailer park appeal.
Honestly,

How gauche, eh?

The desert is a true treasure for him who seeks refuge from men and the evil of men.
In it is contentment
In it is death and all you seek
(Quoted from "The Bleeding of the Stone" Ibrahim Al-Koni)

member of the cabal of dysfunctional squirrels?
Tyrone Offline OP
Campfire Outfitter
OP Offline
Campfire Outfitter
Different strokes...I'd just as soon eat a steak cooked on the stove as on a gas grill.

If a few minutes and ash disposal is enough to defeat you then C3H8 is probably the right choice...man has to know his limitations.
Work, then dinner doesn't usually happen until 7 or 8pm, bed time at 10. I grill ~5 nites/week.
No, I'm not emptying or cleaning a grill every week much less every friggin' day.

Politics is War by Other Means
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by EdM

Made in the USA, I'm thinkin?
They were great.

Have Dog

Will Travel

B
Campfire Greenhorn
Campfire Greenhorn
B
...ok, back to the original post parameters: I keep a CampChef Big Gas Grill on my covered back porch and cook on it 1-3 times a week. More often during grid-down events. If not familiar this is a 3 burner stove/range that uses accessory cast iron grilling surfaces and griddles purchased separately. I only grill Polish sausages, venison steaks and occasionally pork or chicken--quick and hot. The burners are heavy cast aluminum and get so hot I usually set the knob on the medium heat setting. "The minimalist's choice". Those fancy stainless cabinet style grills are a major headache to get rid of when they wear out.

"Mama tried..."
IC B3

K
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
K
Bought a Sarka stainless grill about thirteen years ago. Stored outside an it still looks like new. Has a heavy cast iron burner which was replaced once. Very sensitive to wind until it heats to 300F

Found a stainless Phoenix grill on FB Marketplace for $40 with a full tank. Works better than my Sarka. Gave it to my son and he loves it.

N
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
N
Originally Posted by Tyrone
What is it?

Tried of the rusty-azz Charbroils.

Get yourself a Blackstone 4-burner flat top. Haven't used my Weber Genesis since except as a staging table for my griddle!

Biden's most truthful quote ever came during his first press conference, 03/25/21.
Drum roll please...... "I don't know, to be clear." and THAT is one promise he's kept!!!
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
Originally Posted by wageslave
Originally Posted by EdM

They were great.

Our Weber Genesis is also about 15 years old and still cooks and looks like it did the day we got it. Granted I haven't used it much since we got a BGG about 3 years ago.

J
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
J
Bought a 32” Blaze from bbqguys.com. They also sell napoleon’s which have a good reputation.
Love my Blaze, built like a tank and lifetime warranty.

J
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
J
Originally Posted by Hogwild7
Vegetables don't taste good cooked on a charcoal grill. Meat does though. I have a PK grill for meat. It is the best thing going for steaks.

I got a PK grill five or six years ago, best money I’ve spent.

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by SamOlson
Originally Posted by wageslave
Originally Posted by EdM

They were great.

Our Weber Genesis is also about 15 years old and still cooks and looks like it did the day we got it. Granted I haven't used it much since we got a BGG about 3 years ago.
Add a flattop and I'd think you'd have quite the outdoor kitchen! I will either end up with a smallish gas grill for some things or maybe a small egg to go with the Large and Camp Chef griddle.

Though it has it's intricacies I can find fault with a BGG. Not much I haven't been able to cook with it.

PS- Smoked/grilled meatloaf is my new "thing"

Page 4 of 4 1 2 3 4

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

93 members (7mm_Loco, 10gaugemag, 2ndwind, 44automag, 99Ozarks, 673, 15 invisible), 1,470 guests, and 949 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,192,118
Posts18,483,489
Members73,966
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.