Print Thread
Hop To
#19296223 03/13/24
B
Campfire Outfitter
OP Online Content
Campfire Outfitter
B
Anyone watched the movie the outpost based on a battle that took place in Afghanistan? Pretty good movie based on a true story. One guy involved named Romesha or something like that got the metal of honor.

I think one of my friends worked with him in the oil fields in North Dakota later driving water trucks. He said he worked with a metal of honor winner that went to the same church I do so I assume it had to be this Romesha, ?sp, guy because there's not a lot of medal of honor winners from Afghanistan.

Bb

N
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
N
It was a hell of a show. I watched the documentary on camp Keating before I saw the movie. Those boys went through hell and talk about a military blunder building an outpost deep in Indian country and giving them the high ground on three sides.

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
I’m sure not one to criticize anyone else’s post or spelling, but it’s Medal Of Honor.
It’s something that is pretty hard to earn, especially if you live to receive and ware it.
I think the people who have actually earned one and are still walking around would correct you as well.

"Preserving the Constitution, fighting off the nibblers and chippers, even nibblers and chippers with good intentions, was once regarded by conservatives as the first duty of the citizen. It still is." � Wesley Pruden

S
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
S
We saw him give a talk about the action that resulted in him receiving the MOH. Probably 150 people in the room and besides his voice you could hear a pin drop in there for the duration.

A wise man is frequently humbled.

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Originally Posted by 7mmbuster
I’m sure not one to criticize anyone else’s post or spelling, but it’s Medal Of Honor.
It’s something that is pretty hard to earn, especially if you live to receive and ware it.
I think the people who have actually earned one and are still walking around would correct you as well.
"Wear", spelling bee professional. 😉

IC B2

Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna

I hate to criticize anyone’s inabilities but you have been on here 20 FOUCKING YEARS and still cannot edit a post. Even after another member alerted you to the wear/ware/where error.

Hahaha

Pitiful

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Have not seen that, was that in the Korengal Valley ?

Roy

What this world needs is a few more Rednecks.

The Dildō Of Consequence Rarely Arrives Lubed

Waterboarding isn't illegal if you use diesel

S
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
S
Did Elroy say something?

A wise man is frequently humbled.

T
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
T
That was a great movie. Another movie that was very similar called RESTREPO Its more of a documentary because its real combat.......

W
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
W
RESTREPO is very good. It's an eye opener.

IC B3

Campfire Regular
Online Content
Campfire Regular
Originally Posted by Triggernosis
"Wear", spelling bee professional. 😉

Fugkin hilarious!

DON’T BE TOO PROUD OF THIS TECHNOLOGICAL TERROR YOU’VE CONSTRUCTED. THE ABILITY TO DESTROY A PLANET IS INSIGNIFICANT NEXT TO THE POWER OF THE FORCE.

- Darth Vader
N
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
N
I hate to criticize anyone’s inabilities but you have been on here 20 FOUCKING YEARS and still cannot edit a post. Even after another member alerted you to the wear/ware/where error.

Hahaha
I will edit a post here and there for fat fingers or autocorrect but if you do the asshats will go after some for editing the post 🤷‍♂️ carry on.

Campfire Ranger
Online Content
Campfire Ranger
Read the book.
Problem is it was written by Tapper.

-OMotS

"If memory serves fails me..."
Quote: ( unnamed) "been prtty deep in the cooler todaay "

Television and radio are most effective when people question little and think even less.
T
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
T

I might as well jump on the bandwagon. The "o" in Medal of Honor isn't capitalized.

Burleyboy - I did see it, thought it was well done. Tragic story, and how human error caused unnecessary loss of life.

A
Campfire Ranger
Online Content
Campfire Ranger
A
Originally Posted by Nestucca

Hahaha
I will edit a post here and there for fat fingers or autocorrect but if you do the asshats will go after some for editing the post 🤷‍♂️ carry on.
On the left side of the edit menu,somewhere is a box to uncheck. No one can tell you edited your post then.

[Linked Image from i.postimg.cc]
Campfire 'Bwana
Online Content
Campfire 'Bwana
I haven't seen the movie, but have read Jake Tapper's book, THE OUTPOST.

The COP Keating was located in Nuristan Provence and the site was originally intended to be a base for a provisional reconstruction team because it was accessible by road, despite the road being too narrow for cargo truck to safely traverse. In Tapper's book, he claims that a lower ranking enlisted soldier had questioned why they were putting an outpost in the bottom of a valley, knowing that the Afghans always preferred to fight from the high ground, but his concerns were ignored. Tapper also claims that many of the helicopter resources required to support the closing of COP Keating, back hauling anything of value that was worth the time and expense of packing, moving, and unpacking at another site, had been allocated to searching for Bowe Bergdahl.

Two soldiers were awarded the MOH for their actions during the attack on COP Keating, Clinton Romesha and Ty Carter.

PS - I can't believe that Bergdahl's Court Martial conviction was overturned by a civilian federal court in 2023.

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

587 members (160user, 1eyedmule, 1234, 1badf350, 1Longbow, 1beaver_shooter, 66 invisible), 2,053 guests, and 1,220 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,192,831
Posts18,496,689
Members73,979
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.