Page 2 of 2 1 2
D
Campfire 'Bwana
Online Content
Campfire 'Bwana
D
Originally Posted by hikerbum
Nighthawk would get my vote.
Yeah, they very nice. Just a tad pricey.

And the one you get could have been fitted by my office worker’s grandson. He’s young but evidently pretty good, or he wouldn’t be an assembly gunsmith there. Those guns gotta shoot before they ship.

BYW, he’s getting married this weekend. His Grandma left Thursday for “Buryvul”. We’ll get pictures and a report Monday.

DF

GB1

D
Campfire 'Bwana
Online Content
Campfire 'Bwana
D
Originally Posted by chlinstructor
Originally Posted by ldholton
Originally Posted by Dirtfarmer
Lady working at our office has a grandson at Nighthawk who’s a gunsmith, assembling their 1911’s. He loves his job, evidently a great company to work for.

She says they pronounce Berryville, sorta like “buryvul”…

Ya gotta slur it together for full effect. Takes some practice.

DF
😁 I probably pronounce Berryville the proper way then it's less than an hour from home or about an hour from home.. we are definitely in a redneck region of the Arkansas Missouri area
Ha!

How ya sort out Hillbillies from Rednecks….

DF
acreage

LOL !
I shared that info with my wife who was born in southern Missouri. I accuse her from time to time of being a Hillbilly.

She let me know her grandpa was Superintendant of Schools, so I guess he could read. And his family came from Old Virginia. OK.

Old Virginia types often inner married to keep land in the families. But only the oldest ended up with the estate, younger ones often moved West to do their own thing.

So her folks were kin to the Lewis and Clark families, the Warners, the Beazleys. George Washington was born at Warner Manor, his kin. So they all cousins. Grandpa was a Beazley.

So she let me know everyone from the Ozarks aren’t Hillbilly’s. But, how long does a blue blood need to live in the Ozarks before becoming a Hillbilly. We haven’t worked that one out quite yet.

DF

L
Campfire Outfitter
OP Offline
Campfire Outfitter
L
Originally Posted by chlinstructor
Lady working at our office has a grandson at Nighthawk who’s a gunsmith, assembling their 1911’s. He loves his job, evidently a great company to work for.

She says they pronounce Berryville, sorta like “buryvul”…

Ya gotta slur it together for full effect. Takes some practice.

DF
😁 I probably pronounce Berryville the proper way then it's less than an hour from home or about an hour from home.. we are definitely in a redneck region of the Arkansas Missouri area
Ha!

How ya sort out Hillbillies from Rednecks….

DF
acreage

LOL !
I shared that info with my wife who was born in southern Missouri. I accuse her from time to time of being a Hillbilly.

She let me know her grandpa was Superintendant of Schools, so I guess he could read. And his family came from Old Virginia. OK.

Old Virginia types often inner married to keep land in the families. But only the oldest ended up with the estate, younger ones often moved West to do their own thing.

So her folks were kin to the Lewis and Clark families, the Warners, the Beazleys. George Washington was born at Warner Manor, his kin. So they all cousins. Grandpa was a Beazley.

So she let me know everyone from the Ozarks aren’t Hillbilly’s. But, how long does a blue blood need to live in the Ozarks before becoming a Hillbilly. We haven’t worked that one out quite yet.

DF
where was he superintendent at schools at? and what area was she from? there is some Beasley's not too far away from here..

D
Campfire 'Bwana
Online Content
Campfire 'Bwana
D
Willow Springs. Their Beazley has a “z”.

Although she was born in Carthage. They later lived in Wichita.

DF

Howell County.

Last edited by Dirtfarmer; 03/10/24.
L
Campfire Outfitter
OP Offline
Campfire Outfitter
L

DF

Howell County.
Willow Springs is a fair bit from me but Carthage is just about 45 minutes to the West

IC B2

D
Campfire 'Bwana
Online Content
Campfire 'Bwana
D

DF

Howell County.
Willow Springs is a fair bit from me but Carthage is just about 45 minutes to the West
Well I’ve passed thru your area. Nice country.

A bit colder than Louisiana, y’all get snow.

DF

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
gunners thread on his new Nighthawk pistol led me to do a little research and then I found some stuff that I have some questions for those that might know.
it would appear that Nighthawk in Wilson combat are made in the same place in Berryville Arkansas.
is this a place that just takes some basic 1911s and customizes them? do they produce their own frames? can somebody shed some light on this?

I would not worry about name or place of origin, but what shows up little used at local shop. Chances are greatest savings will be realized by finding Les Baer vs. Wilson Combat vs. Nighthawk.

D
Campfire 'Bwana
Online Content
Campfire 'Bwana
D
I’ve read that Wilson has an assembly line kinda operation, each smith performing a task.

Nighthawk, if I understand it right, has a gunsmith build one pistol at a time.

Not that it matters, as their end products speak for themselves.

Anyone been to “buryvul” and seen their shops?

Just curious.

DF

Last edited by Dirtfarmer; 03/11/24.
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
I’ve read that Wilson has an assembly line kinda operation, each smith performing a task.

Nighthawk, if I understand it right, has a gunsmith build one pistol at a time.

Not that it matters, as their end products speak for themselves.

Anyone been to “buryvul” and seen their shops?

Just curious.

DF

Wilson assembly is seen all over youtube. Larry Vickers did a series.

Last edited by Teal; 03/11/24.

Me

D
Campfire 'Bwana
Online Content
Campfire 'Bwana
D
Thanks for sharing that, had not seen it.

My co-worker is back tomorrow from her grandson's wedding in "buryvul". Expect to get a full report.

Nighthawk may not be as big as operation as Wilson, not sure. Does anyone know?

DF

IC B3

R
Campfire Regular
Online Content
Campfire Regular
R
I moved to Arkansas in October of 2022. Just bought a 5.02 acre property. Am I a Hillbilly or a Redneck. I gots ta know!

D
Campfire 'Bwana
Online Content
Campfire 'Bwana
D
Originally Posted by rufous
I moved to Arkansas in October of 2022. Just bought a 5.02 acre property. Am I a Hillbilly or a Redneck. I gots ta know!

Guess we need to get idholton to differentiate just where the “acerage” criteria between Redneck and Hillbilly exists.

Maybe he’ll check in.

DF

L
Campfire Outfitter
OP Offline
Campfire Outfitter
L
Originally Posted by rufous
well to get the correct answer the first question would have to be moved from where? two about what area?

R
Campfire Regular
Online Content
Campfire Regular
R
From Oregon to Franklin County.

L
Campfire Outfitter
OP Offline
Campfire Outfitter
L
oh my from Oregon well it's going to take years to get that off of you from the locals.

so until then it's probably up in the air ..

D
Campfire 'Bwana
Online Content
Campfire 'Bwana
D
oh my from Oregon well it's going to take years to get that off of you from the locals.

so until then it's probably up in the air ..
May want to keep that Oregon business sorta quiet, or be considered neither.

Visiting from Louisiana, I found what I perceived to be Hillbilly’s rather standofish to us flat landers. And we weren’t from Oregon, but definitely are Rednecks.

Interesting. Check back in a few years. Let us know.

DF

R
Campfire Regular
Online Content
Campfire Regular
R
Ha ha. Don't hold my place of birth against me. I left there for a reason. Sadly a bunch of whackjobs have taken over the politics of that once great state.

D
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
D
Ed Brown makes em all in-house with all machined parts up the road in Perry Missouri. Having owned both a Nighthawk and Ed Brown at the same time, there were minor differences. The NH was ever so slightly tighter slide to frame fit. I actually preferred the trigger on the EB and the safety on the EB had more tactile resistance and a noticeably louder audible “click” when going off/on, which I prefer for carry.
Accuracy-wise I couldn’t see a difference.
I’ve had custom work done on both by their OEM facilities. EB is much faster in getting the gun turned around than NH in my limited experience.

Guncrafters is in Huntsville Arkansas.
Another good 1911 maker in the same area.

Last edited by DAMARA; 03/12/24.
B
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
B
I'm not a fan of the over-the-top styling on many of the Nighthawk pistols. The automobile equivalent would be a 59 Caddy with fuzzy dice and curb feelers.

D
Campfire 'Bwana
Online Content
Campfire 'Bwana
D
Originally Posted by Biebs
I'm not a fan of the over-the-top styling on many of the Nighthawk pistols. The automobile equivalent would be a 59 Caddy with fuzzy dice and curb feelers.
I laughed out loud reading that, sitting here by myself.

Good one.

DF

Page 2 of 2 1 2

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

632 members (01Foreman400, 17Hunter, 007FJ, 10Glocks, 1936M71, 10gaugeman, 66 invisible), 2,674 guests, and 1,317 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,191,602
Posts18,473,624
Members73,941
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.