-->
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Page 6 of 17 1 2 4 5 6 7 8 16 17
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
Keep The Hurt Feeler Reports coming and pardon simplistic Facts,fully controlling your very being. Hint................

Brad says: "Can't fault Rick for his pity letting you back on the fire... but pity it was and remains. Nothing more, nothing less. A sad little man in a sad little dream."
GB1

Campfire Member
Campfire Member
[Linked Image from i.imgur.com]

Long live Leupold.

Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
It's simply FUNNIER than fhuqk,that a $1999 Reupold(coddled in ALL regards),can't even fhuqking BEGIN to keep mechanical pace,with a $299 6x MQ(that's been knocked around a smidge). HINT.

[Linked Image from imagizer.imageshack.com]

Hell...Reupold can't even legally state "Made In America". HINT.

Just sayin'..................

Brad says: "Can't fault Rick for his pity letting you back on the fire... but pity it was and remains. Nothing more, nothing less. A sad little man in a sad little dream."
Campfire Outfitter
Online Content
Campfire Outfitter
I like Leupolds

I prefer classic.
Semper Fi
I used to run with the hare. Now I'm envious of the tortoise and I do my own stunts but rarely intentionally
J
Campfire Member
Online Content
Campfire Member
J
Originally Posted by Bugger
I like Leupolds

I don't like Leupolds

IC B2

Campfire Member
Campfire Member
They are the best hunting scopes money can buy. If you don’t think so, I don’t care.

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by Japlvr
Originally Posted by Bugger
I like Leupolds

I don't like Leupolds

I like Leupolds..............Doesn't shoot much.

I don't like Leupolds......Shoots alot..

dave

[Linked Image]

Only accurate rifles are interesting.
M
Campfire Kahuna
Online Content
Campfire Kahuna
M
Originally Posted by SDHNTR
Gross income means very little about a company’s financial health.

Yeah, except Leupold's gross income is over twice as much as the second-place American scope manufacturer.

I also found a lot of interesting info on the overall scope market through this:
https://www.linkedin.com/pulse/rifle-scopes-market-size-2023-share-latest/

Personally, I also quit using Leupold's latest offerings over a decade ago, when too many of them "failed" in one way or another. Eventually started printing their repair-department forms in batches.

Have tried a few of their newer scopes since then, and they worked, though not any better than a bunch of other brands. I still have several Leupolds on rifles, but most are old M8s, which fit and look better on my "classic" hunting rifles. Otherwise I use several brands/models that work better on more modern rifles.....

“Montana seems to me to be what a small boy would think Texas is like from hearing Texans.”
John Steinbeck
J
Campfire Greenhorn
Campfire Greenhorn
J
Originally Posted by Mule Deer
Originally Posted by SDHNTR
Gross income means very little about a company’s financial health.

Yeah, except Leupold's gross income is over twice as much as the second-place American scope manufacturer.

I also found a lot of interesting info on the overall scope market through this:
https://www.linkedin.com/pulse/rifle-scopes-market-size-2023-share-latest/

Personally, I also quite using Leupold's latest offerings around a decade ago, when too many of them "failed" in one way or another. Eventually started printing their repair-department forms in batches.

Have tried a few of their newer scopes since then, and they worked OK, though not any better than a bunch of other brands. I still have several Leupolds on rifles, but most are old M8s, which fit and look better on my "classic" hunting rifles. Otherwise I use several brands/models that work better on more modern rifles.....

You weren't using good rifles, and/or you can't shoot very well.

Signed,

Nyquil Burns and Paisano Cumooglia

Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
what has replaced them in the spotlight these days?

Retired Military Aviation
Former Member, Navy Shooting Team
Distinguished Pistol Shot
NRA Certified Instructor/RSO
IC B3

D
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
D
Originally Posted by RemingtonPeters
They are the best hunting scopes money can buy. If you don’t think so, I don’t care.

Sorta reminded me of my Leupold, Rem 7 and 'yote photo.

Your critter a lot bigger than mine, looks about as dead.

DF

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Have tried a few of their newer scopes since then, and they worked, though not any better than a bunch of other brands. I still have several Leupolds on rifles, but most are old M8s, which fit and look better on my "classic" hunting rifles. Otherwise I use several brands/models that work better on more modern rifles.....

What other brands and please expound on how those brands "work better on more modern rifles".

Thanks.

John Burns

I have all the sources.
They can't stop the signal.

G
Campfire Outfitter
Online Content
Campfire Outfitter
G
Considering this posters weather & his mention of it is in line with what strangely looks like missed wind calls. Especially when shooting rim fire. If it was anybody else I'd say it was. But maybe Schtick just wouldn't do that.

Originally Posted by Big Stick
It's simply FUNNIER than fhuqk,that a $1999 Reupold(coddled in ALL regards),can't even fhuqking BEGIN to keep mechanical pace,with a $299 6x MQ(that's been knocked around a smidge). HINT.

Hell...Reupold can't even legally state "Made In America". HINT.

Just sayin'..................

Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
Oddly enough,the day's "weather" only effects Reupold. Hint.

Touch the erector and groups blew up. The more input,the schittier it did,though at a static distance,in static conditions. Hint.

Place a scope of repute on board and it shot like an 18lb+ Vudoo wearing a Bart' spout and Shilen double ounce trigger should,from a steel bench. Hint.

Rinse/repeat on another day and the steaming pile of fhuqking schit $1999 Reupold,replicated said horrid results,again at the 50yd line in static conditions. Less erector manipulations,it would get by(trio). DOPE a 15 Mil correction,into the same target and all bets were off,yet again(brace of WILD Erector Bitches). Hint.

Again,no other glass in tow had an "issue". Hint.

I was pretty hot that day to 1300yds+,with both the Accuracy International AT-X(7" RPM K&P no-turn Dasher with 112's/SWFA 5-20x HD Mil/Mil FFP LitBitch) and the Liljee 7" RPM Speedmire with 88's and NXS 2.5-10x MIL-R. Hint.

Just sayin'...............

G
Campfire Outfitter
Online Content
Campfire Outfitter
G
Are you using 112's in the Dasher, Match Burners I assume, simply for "their" high BC or otherwise?

Feel better now. Much better comprehension of quextion due to better speeling.

Are we throwing ELDM's over the rail?

Last edited by gunzo; 03/13/24.
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
"Their" is an admittedly big word. Hint.

I only shoot said projectile in 270,6 ARC,243 Grendel,6BR,Dasher,Seex Kreed,243Win,243AI and 6-06,in a goodly sized herd of platforms. Hint.

"Surprisingly",Reupold could NOT even begin to make the cut,on any of 'em. Hint.

Just sayin'............

M
Campfire Kahuna
Online Content
Campfire Kahuna
M
Originally Posted by JohnBurns

What other brands and please expound on how those brands "work better on more modern rifles".

Thanks.

Have mentioned a few times before, here and there, that I've now "broken" scopes of 20 different brands just by shooting the rifles they were mounted on. That's brands, not individual scopes. Of course a lot of that occurred when I was writing more than one magazine column about hunting optics, so was shooting quite a bit.

The "dialing" scopes I'm using on longer-range rifles these days have mostly turned out to be made by Light Optical Works, which apparently knows how to do that stuff. They've also been supposedly different "brands," but they all tend to work reliably--and even if they eventually didn't', have lasted longer than others.

What was that other brand of scope you used on your rifles a while back? You offered to send me one to test when we met at SHOT years ago, but a sample never showed up.

John

“Montana seems to me to be what a small boy would think Texas is like from hearing Texans.”
John Steinbeck
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by JohnBurns

Thanks.
Have mentioned a few times before, here and there, that I've now "broken" scopes of 20 different brands just by shooting the rifles they were mounted on. That's brands, not individual scopes. Of course a lot of that occurred when I was writing more than one magazine column about hunting optics, so was shooting quite a bit.

The "dialing" scopes I'm using on longer-range rifles these days have mostly turned out to be made by Light Optical Works, which apparently knows how to do that stuff. They've also been supposedly different "brands," but they all tend to work reliably--and even if they eventually didn't', have lasted longer than others.

What was that other brand of scope you used on your rifles a while back? You offered to send me one to test when we met at SHOT years ago, but a sample never showed up.

John

You might have me confused with someone else at SHOT. Last time I saw you and Eileen Leupold was the only scope I was putting on the rifles. As I sell rifles with optics I would not offer to send out optics for free just for fun. We can agree you never paid for an optic so the wait at the mailbox for a free one was a long wait.

These day we offer a few more choices because there are a lot more good choices. Maven is by far our next most used scope and I would say it's LOWs best effort. I don't like FFP but others do so Maven brings the best that LOW can do at a good price.

If you want to see some Mavens in action I can make it happen. I assume you have access to places to stretch things out but if not I have private ranges out to more than a mile with targetry.

I would be interested in seeing your optics setup that "work better on more modern rifles" than Leupold and I am sure the Campfire would be interested.

Let me know.

John Burns

I have all the sources.
They can't stop the signal.

M
Campfire Kahuna
Online Content
Campfire Kahuna
M
I didn't say you offered a free scope. Instead you offered to send a test scope--which is what most scope companies do. I can then either return them, or pay for 'em.

Have tested Maven optics, and they're very good. So are a bunch of others.

John Steinbeck
D
dpd Offline
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
D
I didn't say you offered a free scope. Instead you offered to send a test scope--which is what most scope companies do. I can then either return them, or pay for 'em.

Have tested Maven optics, and they're very good. So are a bunch of others.

Honest question. What are the other brands ?

Page 6 of 17 1 2 4 5 6 7 8 16 17

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

581 members (222Sako, 160user, 219 Wasp, 219DW, 24HourCampFireGuy50, 007FJ, 63 invisible), 2,262 guests, and 1,252 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,192,279
Posts18,486,792
Members73,967
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.