Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
H
Campfire Regular
OP Offline
Campfire Regular
H
I received via email today a 2004 Hornady Product Catalog. I have been searching in vain for a year now for Hornady .375 Ruger brass. Various suppliers list it, but it is always out of stock. I have emailed Hornady about the availability of it a couple of months ago and their response was non-committal and vague. Upon browsing their PDF version of the product catalog, I discovered no .375 Ruger brass listed. They did have several, surprising to me at least, what I would consider less popular cartridge brasses such as .338 RCM, .375 FL Mag Nitro Express 3 1/4", 6.5-284, .22 ARC, .308 Marlin Exp. I'm not trying to ridicule someone's favorite non-mainstream pet cartridge, but WTF? Surely Hornady doesn't think that most or all of these are more popular than .375 Ruger? Hornady still makes loaded ammo for the .375 Ruger as of now, so they are making some amounts of brass. To my knowledge, they are the only manufacturer of loaded ammo or brass. I sure wish Starline would pick up making brass for it so I could cut ties with Hornady on it. Hornady's 270 grain factory bullets are good, but I much prefer loading Barnes bullets. If anyone has any brass for sale, please PM me.

"...why, land is the only thing in the world worth working for, worth fighting for, worth dying for,... because it is the only thing that lasts."
GB1

Campfire Outfitter
Online Content
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by Henryseale
To my knowledge, they are the only manufacturer of loaded ammo or brass.

Typical Steve Hornady. Makes more money selling the ammo instead of brass.

Swifty
S
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
S
20 year old catalog?

H
Campfire Regular
OP Offline
Campfire Regular
H
Originally Posted by Stammster
20 year old catalog?

No, it is 2024 edition, just emailed to me today direct from Hornady. No direct sales, just a listing of all of their products and some load data. Check it out for yourself, page 98. https://www.hornady.com/catalog?utm...;utm_term=button&utm_content=catalog

"...why, land is the only thing in the world worth working for, worth fighting for, worth dying for,... because it is the only thing that lasts."
S
Campfire Member
Campfire Member
S
Knock it off guys, Do you seriously expect anyone to run a company to lose money? Only a dumass democrap does. Vote with your dollars.

Show class, have pride, and display character. If you do, winning will take care of itself.
Coach Bryant.
IC B2

A
Campfire Ranger
Online Content
Campfire Ranger
A
Originally Posted by SlickLizard
Knock it off guys, Do you seriously expect anyone to run a company to lose money? Only a dumass democrap does. Vote with your dollars.

…….

Casey

Not being married to any particular political party sure makes it a lot easier to look at the world more objectively...
Having said that, MAGA.
H
Campfire Regular
OP Offline
Campfire Regular
H
Hornady update: I received a response from an inquiry I sent to Hornady about the .375 Ruger brass situation and they said the omission from the catalog was a mistake. However, they admitted it has been "a while" since they had shipped any out to their dealers and had no idea who might have some in stock. They also said that they plan to produce more sometime "this fall". Who knows what is really going on, but it is obvious they do not realize the retail market for this brass and, to a lesser extent, also their loaded ammo, has been in short consumer supply for the past year or so. At least that is from my perspective, which I believe to be accurate. Maybe they had some production issues? I dunno. Obviously, for whatever reason, they are missing a substantial amount of sales which is not only affecting them, but also mainly Ruger and a few other rifle manufacturers that had started to offer this caliber. Who wants to buy a rifle if you cannot get ammo or components to load it with? While I certainly do not know the details, but I do know that Ruger and Hornady had an agreement that if Ruger made rifles for this caliber that Hornady would supply ammo for it. Obviously, Hornady dropped the ball for whatever reason, justified or not. I do hope that Hornady gets this production issue resolved and I also hope that another supplier of brass, such as Starline, and maybe another ammo maker will start loading for it. Nosler at one time either offered loaded ammo or brass for it sometime ago, but I have never actually seen any of it.

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

700 members (1beaver_shooter, 10gaugemag, 1eyedmule, 160user, 10Glocks, 71 invisible), 3,247 guests, and 1,342 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,192,104
Posts18,483,243
Members73,966
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.