Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Page 7 of 17 1 2 5 6 7 8 9 16 17
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by Mule Deer
I didn't say you offered a free scope. Instead you offered to send a test scope--which is what most scope companies do. I can then either return them, or pay for 'em.

Have tested Maven optics, and they're very good. So are a bunch of others.

As I am not a scope company I would not have offered to send you a scope, for testing or otherwise. I might have offered to demo a rifle setup.

Anyway, I am still interested in the scopes you have found to be better than Leupold for modern rifles and why those scopes are better.

The 24hr Campfire is a good place to learn new things.

John Burns

I have all the sources.
They can't stop the signal.

GB1

M
Campfire Kahuna
Online Content
Campfire Kahuna
M
Originally Posted by JohnBurns
I didn't say you offered a free scope. Instead you offered to send a test scope--which is what most scope companies do. I can then either return them, or pay for 'em.

As I am not a scope company I would not have offered to send you a scope, for testing or otherwise. I might have offered to demo a rifle setup.

Anyway, I am still interested in the scopes you have found to be better than Leupold for modern rifles and why those scopes are better.

You offered to send me a "Greybull" scope to test, which was evidently a Leupold-made scope.

The LOW-manufactured dialing scopes I've used with great results over years of twirling them up and down have included Bushnell Elites, Nightforces, Tract Torics and Weaver Super Slams. There are probably some more I can't remember offhand.

“Montana seems to me to be what a small boy would think Texas is like from hearing Texans.”
John Steinbeck
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by JohnBurns

You offered to send me a "Greybull" scope to test, which was evidently a Leupold-made scope.

The LOW-manufactured dialing scopes I've used with great results over years of twirling them up and down have included Bushnell Elites, Nightforces, Tract Torics and Weaver Super Slams. There are probably some more I can't remember offhand.

Well I still have a few of those scopes if you want to see a demo of how well they still work after many years and much dialing.

We could compare those at Long Range to your LOW scopes of recent vintage. The ones that work better on modern rifles. It would be fun.

Let me know.

John Burns

I have all the sources.
They can't stop the signal.

J
Campfire Member
Campfire Member
J
You’re so FOS that you can’t keep track of the BS you say/post! Lol You are a complete D’bag and a pathetic POS…

Being a drunk, lying D’bag is worse than a crack cocaine addiction on brain cells.

Stay in school and don't catch the John Burns syndrome , Kids.

J
Campfire Member
Campfire Member
J
Of all the “industry jobs” you’ve been involved in, how many have you not been fired from? Lol. You’re a f’n D’bag!

IC B2

Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
Jeez. It’s a scope. If you miss it gives you something to blame your incompetence on.

Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
It's a FANTASY World,in which gals believe all wares are "equal",or even fhuqking close. Hint.

Bless your heart.

Hint.

Just sayin'.................

Brad says: "Can't fault Rick for his pity letting you back on the fire... but pity it was and remains. Nothing more, nothing less. A sad little man in a sad little dream."
Campfire Outfitter
Online Content
Campfire Outfitter
Did you run over yourself backing up that fast?

Adversity doesn't build character, it reveals it.
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
Full steam ahead. Hint.

[Linked Image from imagizer.imageshack.com]

As in Steaming Pile Of Fhuqking Schit. Hint.

Cheer up...good stuff arrived yesterday. Hint.

Just sayin'...............

Brad says: "Can't fault Rick for his pity letting you back on the fire... but pity it was and remains. Nothing more, nothing less. A sad little man in a sad little dream."
A
Campfire Ranger
Online Content
Campfire Ranger
A
ARRRRRGGHH
😫

[Linked Image from i.postimg.cc]
IC B3

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Great Leupold thread, as always

🤣😂🤣

Originally Posted by Bristoe
The people wringing their hands over Trump's rhetoric don't know what time it is in America.
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter

The people wringing their hands over Trump's rhetoric don't know what time it is in America.
Campfire Tracker
Online Content
Campfire Tracker
Had my new 'Rat Rod' Benchrest gun out for a shakedown a couple weeks ago. Even with the switchy 11:00-1:00 13-15 mph winds, the mechanically solid scope let the gun live up to it's potential @ 100 yds. No insects were harmed during the testing. Scope brand withheld to protect the innocent. wink

[Linked Image from i.imgur.com]

Forbidden Zoner
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by Al_Nyhus
Even with the switchy 11:00-1:00 13-15 mph winds, the mechanically solid scope let the gun live up to it's potential @ 100 yds.

Ah yes, a true torture test of an optic’s mechanical integrity at a whole 100 yards

How many revolutions on the turret to get that far out?

😂🤣😂🤣

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Had my new 'Rat Rod' Benchrest gun out for a shakedown a couple weeks ago. Even with the switchy 11:00-1:00 13-15 mph winds, the mechanically solid scope let the gun live up to it's potential @ 100 yds. No insects were harmed during the testing. Scope brand withheld to protect the innocent. wink

Nothing wrong with Sightron

Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
Great shooting Al. Probably not a Reupold here either. Hint.

Just sayin'................

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
A mechanically solid optic that let another rifle perform to its maximum potential at the extreme range of 100 yards

F
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
F

One cannot help but notice the orange dead blow hammer Al used to use for fine adjustment back in his Leupold days. Snork.

Well this is a fine pickle we're in, should'a listened to Joe McCarthy and George Orwell I guess.
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
HILARIOUSLY,everyone who has actually shot,has played Reupold Tag with their erector and chasing POA/POI intersections. Hint.

Zero Retention,Return To Zero and Unerring Tracking ARE soothing. Multiple hundreds of Mil's of travel induced here,with return to zero and lastly tracking...THE Mechanical Trifecta. Reupold can't/won't/don't,which are simplistic Facts. Hint.

Just sayin'...............

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter

Page 7 of 17 1 2 5 6 7 8 9 16 17

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

582 members (1936M71, 1OntarioJim, 10Glocks, 1minute, 1234, 117LBS, 58 invisible), 2,493 guests, and 1,305 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,193,880
Posts18,518,168
Members74,020
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.