Print Thread
Hop To
Page 5 of 6 1 2 3 4 5 6
S
SLM Offline
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
S
Send me a PM if you know where an attic full of meth is.

Thanks,

HR IC

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by 10gaugemag
Originally Posted by T_Inman
I get a kick out of the ‘I don’t post hunting pics due to respect for the animal’ or however he’s phrased it in the past.

However, apparently posting a pic of a half rotted coyote on the rifle range that he admittedly didn’t even bother to go look at until a few days after he killed it, is just a good respectful way to honor the animal. And he claims someone else is strung out on meth….

Originally Posted by bsa1917hunter
Here's that Coyote that I shot a few days earlier at 600 yards, drove down close enough to take a pic of it, when setting up my target stand at 600 yards:
[Linked Image from i.imgur.com]
https://www.24hourcampfire.com/ubbt...061133/longest-shot-to-date#Post19061133
I am still trying to get an answer as to what a meth attic is.
It's where they cook the meth

S
SLM Offline
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
S
Thinking the BullShitArtist drank to much ThunderBird and passed out again.

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by moosemike
I get a kick out of the ‘I don’t post hunting pics due to respect for the animal’ or however he’s phrased it in the past.

However, apparently posting a pic of a half rotted coyote on the rifle range that he admittedly didn’t even bother to go look at until a few days after he killed it, is just a good respectful way to honor the animal. And he claims someone else is strung out on meth….

Here's that Coyote that I shot a few days earlier at 600 yards, drove down close enough to take a pic of it, when setting up my target stand at 600 yards:
It's where they cook the meth
He was actually referring to SLM being a meth attic in another thread. Just wondering what it is.

The last time that bear ate a lawyer he had the runs for 33 days!
S
SLM Offline
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
S
He outed my addiction on another thread too?

IC B2

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger

S
SLM Offline
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
S
That’s funny.

BSA’, I know they are big words, but I’ll help you out.

attic
1 of 3
noun (1)
at·​tic ˈa-tik
Synonyms of attic
: a low story or wall above the main order of a facade in the classical styles
: a room behind an attic
: a room or a space immediately below the roof of a building : GARRET
: something resembling an attic (as in being used for storage)

addict
1 of 2
noun
ad·​dict ˈa-(ˌ)dikt
plural addicts
Synonyms of addict
: one exhibiting a compulsive, chronic, physiological or psychological need for a habit-forming substance, behavior, or activity
a drug addict
opioid addicts
a gambling addict
: one strongly inclined to do, use, or indulge in something repeatedly
a television addict
chocolate addicts

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger

Well now, I see SLiMdong already threw that half rotted coyote song and dance out there for the world to see. I missed that thread.

It doesn't matter. He's a meanie and a meth attic regardless, but needing $40 for a fix? Damn, he must be hot rolling with some high quality Scooby Snax.

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter

What did that one dress out?

Let's Go Brandon! FJB
J
JDK Offline
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
J
Getting away from the meth attic genre.

I have always found it interesting when someone points out that hunters should be reloading and taking care of their own ammo situation. Fundamentally, I agree. That said not every hunter is 70+ and lived through all of the shortages. They also have not had the opportunity to amass a huge amount of components. Last Saturday was the first time I had seen LR primers in years north of Bangor, $13.99/100. I’m also on more internet lists than I can shake a stick at and I never had a single notification of availability in 21-23. Not one

That said , all through this current mess I have seen 270 ammo in most places and attainable. Federal, Winchester, Remington for $21-$45 per box.

Yes, I agree to guide the younger generation to pick up components when they see them but not everyone has the luxury of age. My neighbors kid is 16 and just trying to get into reloading. He is certainly a hunter but has a tough road today to get into what a lot of the old bastards on here obtained.

IC B3

L
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
L
Originally Posted by Direct_Drive
Originally Posted by earlybrd
Jack O’Conner spoke highly of it👍
Jack O'Connor made a living off the .270 Winchester.
I think he also said, that if the .280 Remington was around at the time he adopted the .270, he would have chosen that.
Yep, because .007 makes a lot of difference.

S
SLM Offline
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
S

Well now, I see SLiMdong already threw that half rotted coyote song and dance out there for the world to see. I missed that thread.

It doesn't matter. He's a meanie and a meth attic regardless, but needing $40 for a fix? Damn, he must be hot rolling with some high quality Scooby Snax.

Only the best Scooby Snax money can buy when someone else is paying.

I keep watching my account and haven’t seen the $40 yet?? I’ll pick up some more trash until you get me the $40.

Maybe the BullShitArtist can post a YouTube video or some range pics of a .270 to keep me occupied while I wait impatiently for the $40.

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by JDK

I have always found it interesting when someone points out that hunters should be reloading and taking care of their own ammo situation. Fundamentally, I agree. That said not every hunter is 70+ and lived through all of the shortages. They also have not had the opportunity to amass a huge amount of components. Last Saturday was the first time I had seen LR primers in years north of Bangor, $13.99/100. I’m also on more internet lists than I can shake a stick at and I never had a single notification of availability in 21-23. Not one

That said , all through this current mess I have seen 270 ammo in most places and attainable. Federal, Winchester, Remington for $21-$45 per box.

Yes, I agree to guide the younger generation to pick up components when they see them but not everyone has the luxury of age. My neighbors kid is 16 and just trying to get into reloading. He is certainly a hunter but has a tough road today to get into what a lot of the old bastards on here obtained.

Good point. I always try to couch my lectures on being prudent with that in mind. I’ve also advised some aspiring handloaders that it may not be worth the time and expense unless they shoot a lot. The money spent getting set up these days would buy a lot of ammo, and the dearth and high price of components makes it less compelling than when I started for certain. Still, a simple setup with a Lee loader or hand press and an inexpensive scale can provide good results and get someone started, as well as provide a bit of self-reliance in a pinch. There are still bargains out there on components if you look, and anyone that shoots already has brass available by simply bending over and picking it up.

What fresh Hell is this?
M
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
M
Originally Posted by JDK

Yes they do…..it’s a far different world than it was when I started at 14 or 15 with my little Lee Loader for my .308 Win. memtb

You should not use a rifle that will kill an animal when everything goes right; you should use one that will do the job when everything goes wrong." -Bob Hagel

“I’d like to be a good rifleman…..but, I prefer to be a good hunter”! memtb 2024
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
One point that needs to be made - not everyone is suited to handloading personality-wise. I've met plenty that shouldn't be doing it, and are just a few more loads away from a trip to the ER with half their face gone.

“Perfection is Achieved Not When There Is Nothing More to Add, But When There Is Nothing Left to Take Away” Antoine de Saint-Exupery
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by Brad
One point that needs to be made - not everyone is suited to handloading personality-wise. I've met plenty that shouldn't be doing it, and are just a few more loads away from a trip to the ER with half their face gone.
I have a buddy that wants to learn to load. His attention span isn't suited for such a task.

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
I gotta admit. I once had a balance beam scale on a less than sturdy surface as I was moving into a new place and hadn’t set up a sturdy loading bench yet, though I did have my press secured. It may have just been a tote that I had the balance beam on. I can’t quite remember.

After weighing a few powder charges and pouring them into the cases, I realized I had set a few boxes of bullets on the same non-sturdy surface, which threw the balance beam off level. I may have leaned on it too, which also threw off the levelness.

Luckily I always shine a light into my cases before seating a bullet to make sure there are no obvious over or under charges, debris in there or whatever else…I noticed a lot of variance in the charge weights and put 2 and 2 together. I dumped that powder, got the balance beam squared away and finished up. That was a learning experience. That is one reason that an electronic scale is nice, and I check the accuracy of it with check weights every 10 rounds or so.

D
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
D
I shot my first deer at age 14 with the .270. It was a Belgian made Browning BAR. We had only done upland game hunting before that hunt. The ammo was standard Remington 130 grain Core-lokt. My son's first deer was also taken with a .270. This time a Rem. 700 with handloaded 140 gr Sierra HPBT, great mule deer for his first one, ended up scoring 184.

B
Campfire Greenhorn
Campfire Greenhorn
B
I love 270’s..great cartridge and ammo is plentiful.
Some favorite loads:
110 TTSX with max load of H4350.
Hornady 145 ELD-X precision hunter ammo.

I just received a new 26” 8 twist barrel from McGowen to shoot the Berger 170’s. Pretty excited to try these out.

BP

P
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
P
BP -

I have also had good results with the 110 TTSX in my .270s but I prefer Reloader 17. But cheaper bullets and lower velocity also work fine for most of my hunting too.

Regarding the dearth of large rifle primers, not much to be found in stores is true. Probably the same guys that bought up .22LR years ago are now buying every tray of LR primers as soon as they hit the shelves?

Lots of small rifle and small pistol primers though. Buy them instead while they are available!

However, there is still a variety of large rifle primers are available on gunbroker.com

https://www.gunbroker.com/Ammunition-Reloading/search?Keywords=large%20rifle%20primers&Sort=13

Not the same price as they were 20 years ago but what is? I did score a couple bricks of .22 LR very cheap last summer at a garage sale. Maybe I will get a brick of CCI 200s for $20 a thousand at one this coming summer!

Page 5 of 6 1 2 3 4 5 6

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

96 members (35, 21, 358wsm, 6mmbrfan, 406_SBC, 10Glocks, 16 invisible), 1,487 guests, and 878 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,192,243
Posts18,485,943
Members73,967
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.