B
Originally Posted by Higginez
Originally Posted by K1500
Define “big tip”.

No.

are you a politician? make a statement then don't back it up?.....bob

Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
Both of my daughters worked in restaurants at some point, and their stories about how many jerks there are out there turned me into a generous tipper. I like to think that when their shift is over, they remember me instead of some jerk. Unless my server has been a jerk, I normally tip at close to half the bill.

I think my barber still charges $15 but I've been giving him $25 for so long I have no idea what his current rate is. I used to give him $100 at Christmas. A while back, when I decided to give up fly fishing, I gave him everything I owned related to that, including four rods and a huge supply of flies and gear. Just two of those rods retail at nearly $1000. I told him that's his Christmas bonus for as long as I live.

Cleverly disguised as a responsible adult.

Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana

Me

Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
Oh, big "tips", with a "p".

Nevermind.......

I prefer peace. But if trouble must come, let it come in my time, so that my children may live in peace. ~~ Thomas Paine
H
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
H
Pay double and tip heavy the American way!!!!!

IC B2

S
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
S
Originally Posted by Dillonbuck
Miss read the title......dis-a-point-ment.

My wife cuts my hair.
Can't give her a big tip,
do the best I can!😉

So I'm not the only one....

Do that every time I see "Very Large Boots" post something....

Wonder why my eye sees a T in the last part of his handle, but my mind sees a B there instead...and then gives me a little rush of adrenalin.. for just a second or two... smile

"Minus the killings, Washington has one of the lowest crime rates in the Country" Marion Barry, Mayor of Wash DC

“Owning guns is not a right. If it were a right, it would be in the Constitution.” ~Alexandria Ocasio Cortez

J
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
J
Originally Posted by ironbender
Originally Posted by Houston_2
Originally Posted by 5sdad
Tipping is an idiotic custom.
Not to those folks whose income is tied mostly to tips.
Jmo
I think that was part of the point.

No shįt.

Reuters, CNN

I am MAGA.
R
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
R
Wife cuts my hair, she threatens she’s going to stop and I’ll have to go have it done professionally.
I didn’t want to tell her that when I used to have that done the stylist would rub various body parts on you in anticipation of a larger tip.

"I was born in the log cabin I helped my grandfather build"
S
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
S
Originally Posted by RockyRaab
Both of my daughters worked in restaurants at some point, and their stories about how many jerks there are out there turned me into a generous tipper. I like to think that when their shift is over, they remember me instead of some jerk. Unless my server has been a jerk, I normally tip at close to half the bill.

I think my barber still charges $15 but I've been giving him $25 for so long I have no idea what his current rate is. I used to give him $100 at Christmas. A while back, when I decided to give up fly fishing, I gave him everything I owned related to that, including four rods and a huge supply of flies and gear. Just two of those rods retail at nearly $1000. I told him that's his Christmas bonus for as long as I live.

Worked at a Lum's restaurant behind the counter for 6 months will in college... Sort of like an Applebee's.

Didn't take long to learn the real A HOles who wanted their asses kissed, were the worst tippers to our waitresses... and the people who were the easiest customers to wait on, where the ones who gave the biggest tips.

This is metro Boston, so the area has an abundancy of A Holes. Seemed several times a week, on the evening shift, we would have tables, usually college guys or early to mid 20s types, that were problem enough... we'd give them the option of their bills was on the house if they left NOW... or we could call in the cops, who would be there in a flash... because when they ate there, their bill was 25 % of the menu list price.. 75% discount. We had a lot of cops eat there... we bordered 6 local towns there on US 1, along with Boston and then the MDC Cops ( Metro District Commission ).

For the last 50 years, I'm always generous to waitress and waiters, at a restaurant.. from my memories of working in a restaurant for 6 months back in 1972.

"Minus the killings, Washington has one of the lowest crime rates in the Country" Marion Barry, Mayor of Wash DC

“Owning guns is not a right. If it were a right, it would be in the Constitution.” ~Alexandria Ocasio Cortez

A
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
A
Originally Posted by Jim_Conrad
Originally Posted by ironbender
Originally Posted by Houston_2
Not to those folks whose income is tied mostly to tips.
Jmo
I think that was part of the point.

No shįt.

Reuters, CNN
You're better than that. 😆

[Linked Image from i.postimg.cc]
IC B3

S
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
S

South of Minnesota, so that must mean Iowa....

Ya know how you tell a tourist from Iowa in the Twin Cities?

He's the one with the Crisp new pair of overalls and has a crisp new $20 bill in his wallet...

And doesn't Change either one... until he gets back home to Iowa.... laugh

whistle

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by Higginez
Originally Posted by BC30cal
Higginez;
Good evening my friend, I hope the day behaved and you and your fine family are well.

Thanks for the thread, the memories and the chuckles it's provided.

For me getting my hair cut is a distant memory. I asked our eldest daughter this past weekend if she ever remembers me having hair....

No Higginez, she doesn't and honestly I believe it was mostly gone - I mean other than under my nose - but you take my meaning.

Regarding tipping though, we do tip when we eat out for sure.

Both of our daughters worked for a bit serving food and beverages and appreciated some extra take home cash very much.

I will admit to adding it to the credit card total most of the time these days, partially because it's easier and partially to ensure the tip gets shared with the kitchen staff.....

But yah, my wife and I figure if we can afford to eat out and the food is decent and the server tries, it's not going to send us into poverty to tip reasonably well, so we do.

All the best.

Dwayne

Well, if it makes you feel any better, I always picture you as having hair.

[Linked Image from media.giphy.com]

Higginez;
Top of the morning to you once more, I trust all is going as swimmingly as possible for you and yours on this Thursday thus far.

Thanks for the reply and the chuckle sir, truly you and anyone here are free to picture me - or not which is likely preferable no doubt - in any manner you chose to.

However one of the goals of my communications here or anywhere Higginez is to be as precise and truthful as possible. If I can get the reader to smile, that's a bonus as well.

Therefore, this is me and us on a jet boat run up the Green River out of Pemberton nearly 14 years ago.

The only change in my looks from then is there's more wrinkles and the mustache is grey now.

[Linked Image]

As you can see, a haircut for me is easily a brief solo operation with a well worn Oster.... grin

Now for sure because we live in a part of the world where the sun is fairly fierce, I'm usually sporting a lid of some sort, but that me without one.

All the best.

Dwayne

The most important stuff in life isn't "stuff"

W
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
W
What about when there's a tip jar? You guys cram it full of fifties on the way out?

"Guard with jealous attention the public liberty. Suspect everyone who approaches that jewel. Unfortunately, nothing will preserve it but downright force. Whenever you give up that force, you are inevitably ruined.”

Patrick Henry
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
Originally Posted by Winchester21
What about when there's a tip jar? You guys cram it full of fifties on the way out?

Only if they were able to break the 100 I used to buy the soda with.

Me

C
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
C
My bad...

I misread the topic.

I thought it was about big tits.

Sorry...

Not sorry.

If you are not actively engaging EVERY enemy you encounter... you are allowing another to fight for you... and that is cowardice... plain and simple.

C
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
C
Sometimes I offer big tips to people...

Like...

"If you bathed more than once a month your hair would be less disgusting and a much lower fire hazard."

OR

"Brushing and flossing will help save your last three teeth."

OR

"That color lipstick is a perfect matching color to the boil on your ass... right?

If you are not actively engaging EVERY enemy you encounter... you are allowing another to fight for you... and that is cowardice... plain and simple.

Page 4 of 4 1 2 3 4

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

117 members (44mc, 7887mm08, 2500HD, 35, Akhutr, 15 invisible), 1,581 guests, and 1,005 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,192,628
Posts18,492,949
Members73,977
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.