Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Page 28 of 64 1 2 26 27 28 29 30 63 64
R
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
R
Well, it was nice of everyone to contribute on this thread, getting the various points of view can only be beneficial to us all.

GB1

Campfire Regular
Online Content
Campfire Regular
Originally Posted by Riflehunter
That's not what I asked....
You were given a good answer to your question. It may not be either of the two answers you wanted (yes or no), but to answer yes or no would just be falling into the trap you set in your attempt to score a "victory".[/quote]

I'm not the one here trying to "score a victory", ESPECIALLY one over God.......

You have zero humility.
You know better than God Himself the moral absolutes of mankind, as if you're better than God.
You know better than God Himself what the 10 Commandments should be, as if you're smarter than God.

SMH.

Ya know, I'm not perfect, not even close. I'll never be. All I'll ever be is a rotten unworthy sinner in need of forgiveness....and I'm walking a very thin line here between judging and not judging another.

But, I've done a pretty good job throughout my life keeping as much distance as i possibly can between myself and people like you.

The only thing I can do, and I'm not sure I'm even willing to try, is hope someday you open your eyes to the Truth.[/quote] See that's why you didn't get the answer you wanted...I knew that you were wanting to have a meltdown such as is evidenced by what you just said. I agree that you're "a rotten unworthy sinner" because you are failing to love thy neighbor (Riflehunter).[/quote]

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Took me a minute to sort out your muddled response here. May I suggest the preview function and then proof read?

I mean, the Enlightened Ones, such as yourself can't afford to look stupid now can you.

So, Love Thy Neighbor means i'm obligated to coddle you and hug you and change my beliefs to suit yours because you insist on maintaining your ignorance?

Lololol.....

Rhetorical question, I don't need you to answer.

No melt down friend, I just reject your presence. I reject my ex-wife's presence too, and all communists/marxists/etc,
., you're in good like company. Atheists of a feather do infact flock together.

I prefer peace. But if trouble must come, let it come in my time, so that my children may live in peace. ~~ Thomas Paine
J
Campfire Regular
Online Content
Campfire Regular
J
It has been asked before in these "do you believe in god" threads, which one? With the myriad of cultures now and thru time, how many gods are, have there been?
I believe in something bigger than myself, just don't have a name for it, of course a good christian would tell me "seek, and ye shall find". Im the other side of 70 now, if I havent had the gumption at this juncture to do any seeking, I imagine Im plumb out of seek.
Im human; Ive wronged people and tried to make right. Ive done harm and Ive done good, I try to be a good father, husband and friend, but know at times Ive failed, but keep trying to walk right.
If the presumed christian judgement day indeed materializes and Im doomed to the lake of fire, so be it, I most likely wouldn't recognize many faces behind the pearly gates anyway?

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Leave it to men to mess up the best thing that we've ever been offered ~ God's gift of salvation, and the opportunity to walk through this life with Him, and to spend eternity in His presence. Leave it to men to muck it up, and make it much more complicated than it really is. And leave it to men to make it dependent upon something other than it really is.

Every day on this side of the ground is a win.
J
Campfire Kahuna
Online Happy
Campfire Kahuna
J
Originally Posted by antlers
Leave it to men to mess up the best thing that we've ever been offered ~ God's gift of salvation, and the opportunity to walk through this life with Him, and to spend eternity in His presence. Leave it to men to muck it up, and make it much more complicated than it really is. And leave it to men to make it dependent upon something other than it really is.

While I agree in principle...you sure seem to like to argue and bow up about it.

I am MAGA.
IC B2

R
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
R
Originally Posted by JefeMojado
It has been asked before in these "do you believe in god" threads, which one? With the myriad of cultures now and thru time, how many gods are, have there been?
I believe in something bigger than myself, just don't have a name for it, of course a good christian would tell me "seek, and ye shall find". Im the other side of 70 now, if I havent had the gumption at this juncture to do any seeking, I imagine Im plumb out of seek.
Im human; Ive wronged people and tried to make right. Ive done harm and Ive done good, I try to be a good father, husband and friend, but know at times Ive failed, but keep trying to walk right.
If the presumed christian judgement day indeed materializes and Im doomed to the lake of fire, so be it, I most likely wouldn't recognize many faces behind the pearly gates anyway?
JefeMojado, Just when you get up there, because you are a good person and I think you should go there, look for someone caping out a Desert Bighorn ram, it will be me (Riflehunter) and I'll put a good word in for you with God. I'll be on the upper level of Heaven where all the privileged saved ones go...not the lower level that the sheep go to.

J
Campfire Oracle
Campfire Oracle
J
[Linked Image from i.postimg.cc]

Ecc 10:2
The heart of the wise inclines to the right, but that of a fool to the left.

A Nation which leaves God behind is soon left behind.

"The Lord never asked anyone to be a tax collector, lowyer, or Redskins fan".

I Dindo Nuffin
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by Jim_Conrad
While I agree in principle...you sure seem to like to argue and bow up about it.
It’s all a matter of perspective.

R
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
R
Antlers, you'd get totally sick of spending all your time when you're in Heaven in the presence of God, and to tell you the truth, He'd get bored to tears with you hanging around him all the time. You should go hunting when you're up there, like I'm going to do.

J
Campfire Kahuna
Online Happy
Campfire Kahuna
J

I just don't understand why you guys argue the details so fervently.

Is God a stickler for the minutiae?

I am MAGA.
IC B3

C
Campfire Regular
Online Content
Campfire Regular
C
H.G. Wells points out in An Outline of History how the concept of God first appeared. Not surprisingly, like today it sprang from a sense of original sin. "The Gods must be angry" was the emotion when tragedy or disaster struck. The first holy act of contrition to absolve those sins was the first human sacrifice. In typical human fashion, thinking God a bigger version of himself, the chosen victim was the most select, beautiful virgin. Religion digressed from thereon with utmost arrogance and violence, always cloaked in translucent humility. And so the blood flows in Gaza today with the hearty approval of Christians in supine worship of God's chosen tribe of Moloch. For it is written.....

Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular

"I tell you the truth, until heaven and earth disappear, not even the smallest detail of God’s law will disappear until its purpose is achieved". Mat 5:18
God is a stickler for details

"Drop that or by the splendor of God I will blow your heart out." Kit Carson

"Make sure you are doing what God wants you to do then do it with all your strength." George Washington
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Again, it’s all a matter of perspective. One might see rose bushes as having thorns (and complain about it), while another might see thorn bushes as having roses (and rejoice about it).
No. He’s a stickler for you, and me, and ALL of us. And He created us so that we could share in His love, grace and goodness through our personal relationship with Him. No need for ANY mediators.

A
Campfire 'Bwana
Online Content
Campfire 'Bwana
A
Originally Posted by Dons99

No.

You didn't use logic or reason to get into this opinion, I cannot use logic or reason to get you out of it.

You cannot over estimate the unimportance of nearly everything. John Maxwell
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
Originally Posted by antelope_sniper

No.
Selective editing, you could be a reporter for CNN

Last edited by Dons99; 03/14/24.

"Drop that or by the splendor of God I will blow your heart out." Kit Carson

"Make sure you are doing what God wants you to do then do it with all your strength." George Washington
J
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
J
Heaven is like getting a new Tonka truck for eating all of your broccoli.

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by JakeM78
I think that following Jesus has as much or more to do with this life as it does the next.

A
Campfire 'Bwana
Online Content
Campfire 'Bwana
A
Originally Posted by Crash_Pad
H.G. Wells points out in An Outline of History how the concept of God first appeared. Not surprisingly, like today it sprang from a sense of original sin. "The Gods must be angry" was the emotion when tragedy or disaster struck. The first holy act of contrition to absolve those sins was the first human sacrifice. In typical human fashion, thinking God a bigger version of himself, the chosen victim was the most select, beautiful virgin. Religion digressed from thereon with utmost arrogance and violence, always cloaked in translucent humility. And so the blood flows in Gaza today with the hearty approval of Christians in supine worship of God's chosen tribe of Moloch. For it is written.....

The first evidence of human religious practices were Neanderthal ceremonial burials about 100K years ago.

Religion typically encompasses some exchange of value between humans and forces beyond their control, be it nature or gods. Although this exchange evolved to include human sacrifice, it's unlikely that's where it began.

You didn't use logic or reason to get into this opinion, I cannot use logic or reason to get you out of it.

A
Campfire 'Bwana
Online Content
Campfire 'Bwana
A
Originally Posted by antelope_sniper

No.
Selective editing, you could be a reporter for CNN

Just getting to the point.

J
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
J
Originally Posted by JakeM78
I think that following Jesus has as much or more to do with this life as it does the next.

But you don't know, hence THINK.

Page 28 of 64 1 2 26 27 28 29 30 63 64

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

499 members (1beaver_shooter, 10gaugemag, 308ld, 12344mag, 01Foreman400, 222Sako, 51 invisible), 1,688 guests, and 1,236 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,194,125
Posts18,523,041
Members74,026
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.