Print Thread
Hop To
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3
N
Campfire Tracker
OP Offline
Campfire Tracker
N
I learned more about him in this video than I could imagine. Well worth the time and it moved me to tears at some points. I found that I have a lot in common with him.

S
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
S
He used to be, and maybe still is, a big time fisherman as well. Back in the early 90's he was a regular at Brooks Falls near Katmai Alaska where he fly fished for rainbows.

My biggest fear is when I die my wife will sell my guns for what I told her they cost.
Campfire Savant
Campfire Savant
Is he gonna finish Yellowstone?

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Tag

"Shoot low sheriff, I think he's riding a shetland!" B. Wills

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
I wasn’t allowed to have a BB gun, but I had access to a .22 and bigger guns from the time I demonstrated that I could and would safely use it and care for it. That was at age 8.
I combed through the woods and fields around my home endlessly.
I know I was much more excited to legally go hunting with my Dad and other family members than I was when I finally got my drivers license.
Going hunting with these people that I admired so much was something I was most impatient about and so looked forward to doing.
I have often spoken of the bond that builds between hunters is much stronger than blood or friendship that develops. I know this is true because I have experienced it many times.

"Preserving the Constitution, fighting off the nibblers and chippers, even nibblers and chippers with good intentions, was once regarded by conservatives as the first duty of the citizen. It still is." � Wesley Pruden

IC B2

W
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
W
Teleprompter?

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by 7mmbuster
I wasn’t allowed to have a BB gun, but I had access to a .22 and bigger guns from the time I demonstrated that I could and would safely use it and care for it. That was at age 8.
I combed through the woods and fields around my home endlessly.
I know I was much more excited to legally go hunting with my Dad and other family members than I was when I finally got my drivers license.
Going hunting with these people that I admired so much was something I was most impatient about and so looked forward to doing.
I have often spoken of the bond that builds between hunters is much stronger than blood or friendship that develops. I know this is true because I have experienced it many times.
That is very true. The hunting bond is a strong one! The time Ive spent with my Dad and my brothers and now my daughter is some of the most wonderful memories and stories I could ever have. My daughter loves the same. She is always asking to hear more hunting stories and really seems to enjoy all of it. Couldnt imagine life without hunting and fishing

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
NDsnowman;
Good morning to you sir, I hope the day's breaking bright and clear down in your part of the world.

Thanks so much for the recommendation, I am half way through and have been enjoying it a lot.

Interesting how so many of us "of a certain age" have so many similar experiences.

Thanks again and all the best.

Dwayne

The most important stuff in life isn't "stuff"

N
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
N
Never would have guessed….
That was good.

NRA Life,Endowment,Patron or Benefactor since '72.
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
I’ve never understood the dislike of Kevin Costner, I like most of his work. Yellowstone, however was just too filthy to listen too, but most of his movies are quite good.

Those images he spoke of when your life was changed, I have seen thousands of times. A man and his son, a hunter and his dog, 2 friends cemented together with a common interest in hunting, surpasses all the imagined experiences that people never have…

[Linked Image from i.postimg.cc]

IC B3

M
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
M
He's a gun grabber.

K
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
K
Originally Posted by shrapnel
I’ve never understood the dislike of Kevin Costner, I like most of his work. Yellowstone, however was just too filthy to listen too, but most of his movies are quite good.

Those images he spoke of when your life was changed, I have seen thousands of times. A man and his son, a hunter and his dog, 2 friends cemented together with a common interest in hunting, surpasses all the imagined experiences that people never have…

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Weird how seemingly intelligent people can be fooled by a smile and a few words.

"Maybe we're all happy."

"Go to the sporting goods store. From the files, obtain form 4473. These will contain descriptions of weapons and lists of private ownership."
Campfire 'Bwana
Online Content
Campfire 'Bwana
Originally Posted by kolofardos

Read up on his other heroes besides Lizard.

Slaves get what they need. Free men get what they want.

Rehabilitation is way overrated.

Orwell wasn't wrong.

GOA member
disappointed NRA member

24HCF SEARCH
G
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
G
I wish actors would stick to acting and musicians to music.

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by FatCity67
Weird how seemingly intelligent people can be fooled by a smile and a few words.

FatCity67;
Top of the morning to you sir, I hope your section of northern California is getting tolerable weather this morning.

One of the biggest hurdles we're having up here in our fight to retain firearm ownership is that it's been nigh onto impossible to get the "average hunter" on board or really even believing their way of life is threatened by the unlawful confiscation of our property.

It's not a new phenomenon sadly, as I vividly recall attempting to explain to the generation before me at a gun club meeting in the '80's that "they want them all, including your Model 12 Trap gun" and would not stop with my "black guns".

Sometimes however, I've found that even someone like Costner in this instance, can be used to bring some people on side and then with further gentle - well and not so gentle explanation - they can surpass where he's at.

That is to say apparently he cannot see that firearms rights in your case down south and firearms as property up here, are the foundation of the lifestyle he grew up with and seems to be encouraging in the speech.

Perhaps in this instance Proverbs 16:4 might apply, "The Lord has made everything for it's purpose, even the wicked for the day of trouble"

It would appear up here on our side of the medicine line, if that day hasn't arrived, it's looming on the horizon.

We'll see.

All the best to you this weekend sir.

Dwayne

Last edited by BC30cal; 03/15/24.

The most important stuff in life isn't "stuff"

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by local_dirt
Originally Posted by kolofardos

Read up on his other heroes besides Lizard.

You would starve to death in anonymity if you only bought goods and services from people exactly like yourself. Point us to the Utopian village where all is perfectly stable and conservative to your values.

Until then, I am more conservative than most that post here, but I still can see flowers among the thorns. I don’t have to go there, but beauty wherever it may be is still worth noting…

A
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
A
Hypocritical elitist Fudd gun grabbing piece of shìt. Made millions waving guns around on the screen, wants his heirloom bird guns left alone, wants to limit your 2A rights.

Don't be suckered.

J
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
J
NDsnowman, Thanks for posting. Some may disagree with the mans political views.

I support Trump, He may not.
But the hunting stories he speaks of is truth. I'm sure many here, including myself can relate. He had the burning desire to hunt at an early age. Way before he had any kind of political beliefs. Jmo.

H
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
H
There is only one perfect being , and he is not human . Everybody has faults .If you only dwell on a persons faults,you will never see the good in them . It was a good story .

Its all right to be white!!
Stupidity left unattended will run rampant
Don't argue with stupid people, They will drag you down to their level and then win by experience
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

92 members (2500HD, 1_deuce, 10gaugemag, 300_savage, 2ndwind, 15 invisible), 1,551 guests, and 921 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,192,242
Posts18,485,919
Members73,967
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.