Print Thread
Hop To
Page 2 of 3 1 2 3
Campfire Ranger
Online Content
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by BC30cal
Originally Posted by FatCity67
Weird how seemingly intelligent people can be fooled by a smile and a few words.

FatCity67;
Top of the morning to you sir, I hope your section of northern California is getting tolerable weather this morning.

One of the biggest hurdles we're having up here in our fight to retain firearm ownership is that it's been nigh onto impossible to get the "average hunter" on board or really even believing their way of life is threatened by the unlawful confiscation of our property.

It's not a new phenomenon sadly, as I vividly recall attempting to explain to the generation before me at a gun club meeting in the '80's that "they want them all, including your Model 12 Trap gun" and would not stop with my "black guns".

Sometimes however, I've found that even someone like Costner in this instance, can be used to bring some people on side and then with further gentle - well and not so gentle explanation - they can surpass where he's at.

That is to say apparently he cannot see that firearms rights in your case down south and firearms as property up here, are the foundation of the lifestyle he grew up with and seems to be encouraging in the speech.

Perhaps in this instance Proverbs 16:4 might apply, "The Lord has made everything for it's purpose, even the wicked for the day of trouble"

It would appear up here on our side of the medicine line, if that day hasn't arrived, it's looming on the horizon.

We'll see.

All the best to you this weekend sir.

Dwayne

Respectfully partial disagree if I'm reading your thoughts correctly my friend. Been in this fight since the 80's as well and it's been a war of creeping generational incrementalism. Gun grabbers/Marxists play the long game better than RKBA Constitutionalists. History is replete with lessons on giving your enemy quarter and the disastrous results.

Marxists will never give up until you literally kill them and or their ideology. They use people like Costner either willingly or unwittingly as sympathetic fools.

Dwayne buddy hope you and yours have a good one.🤙

"Maybe we're all happy."

"Go to the sporting goods store. From the files, obtain form 4473. These will contain descriptions of weapons and lists of private ownership."

Campfire Outfitter
Online Content
Campfire Outfitter
FatCity67;
Morning once more sir, I still hope all is well in your world or at least as well as can be anymore - all things considered and all that.

My thought or better said hope/prayer would be that some of the more left leaning in the general public might/could wander over to the firearm owner side when influenced by someone they "like" such as Costner.

Once over on "our" side, then - again perhaps - we can show them the truth and the light so to speak.

For sure and certain we up here are 1000% proof that the leftist/Marxist/globalist/totalitarian leaning people will not give up.

If I understand my reading and contemplation of wisdom contained in the Good Book, I'm not supposed to pray for them to die, but it "might" not be such a bad thing for me to pray God takes them quickly......

Slippery theological slope that it is, most assuredly we're on the same page in that there's been a battle of creeping incrementalism on several fronts.

If you're ever up this way, the coffee or beverage of choice is definitely on me sir.

All the best, we're off to town to buy seeds now as it's got to warm up enough to plant sooner or later.

Dwayne

The most important stuff in life isn't "stuff"

Campfire Ranger
Online Content
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by BC30cal
FatCity67;
Morning once more sir, I still hope all is well in your world or at least as well as can be anymore - all things considered and all that.

My thought or better said hope/prayer would be that some of the more left leaning in the general public might/could wander over to the firearm owner side when influenced by someone they "like" such as Costner.

Once over on "our" side, then - again perhaps - we can show them the truth and the light so to speak.

For sure and certain we up here are 1000% proof that the leftist/Marxist/globalist/totalitarian leaning people will not give up.

If I understand my reading and contemplation of wisdom contained in the Good Book, I'm not supposed to pray for them to die, but it "might" not be such a bad thing for me to pray God takes them quickly......

Slippery theological slope that it is, most assuredly we're on the same page in that there's been a battle of creeping incrementalism on several fronts.

If you're ever up this way, the coffee or beverage of choice is definitely on me sir.

All the best, we're off to town to buy seeds now as it's got to warm up enough to plant sooner or later.

Dwayne

Be more than happy to break bread with you. Take care.

"Maybe we're all happy."

"Go to the sporting goods store. From the files, obtain form 4473. These will contain descriptions of weapons and lists of private ownership."
Campfire Outfitter
Online Content
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by shrapnel
I’ve never understood the dislike of Kevin Costner

Because he supports Obama, Biden, Cheney, politically active democrat.
Plays pretend for a living, do as I say mentality.
Enough for me.

Roy

What this world needs is a few more Rednecks.

The DildĹŤ Of Consequence Rarely Arrives Lubed

Waterboarding isn't illegal if you use diesel

B
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
B
Originally Posted by LRoyJetson

Enough for me.

That and Dances with wolves.

MAGA
IC B2

J
Campfire Kahuna
Online Happy
Campfire Kahuna
J
Obama has a photo of him with a shotgun.

That makes him aces in my book.

I am MAGA.
Campfire Outfitter
Online Content
Campfire Outfitter
He was quail “hunting” just up the road back in November. Dined at a wide spot in the road, don’t speed through that “wide spot” either. Made every local news page.

https://www.kake.com/story/50130579/hollywood-celebrity-visits-butler-county-and-eats-at-local-cafe

Place he “hunted” doesn’t even list the prices on their released birds, so you know I can’t afford it smile

Saw John Satterite do an exhibition shoot there 30 years ago.

https://www.flintoak.com/sporting-clays

One of their recommended sample iteneraries:

Lunch
Sporting Clays
Cocktail Hour at The Last Shot
Dinner
Lodging
Duck Hunt
Breakfast
European Driven Shoot
Lunch
Super Quail Hunt
Cocktail Hour at The Last Shot
Dinner
Lodging
Breakfast
Field Hunt
Lunch
Depart

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
That "celebrity visit" pretty much illustrates the excessive value "celebrities" enjoy. Barf.

Up hills slow,
Down hills fast
Tonnage first and
Safety last.
K
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
K
Originally Posted by BillyGoatGruff

Enough for me.

Happy someone said this. Liked the movie, but the Cali accent narration made me cringe.

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger

Enough for me.

Enough for me.

Originally Posted by Jim_Conrad

What is this some type of race to be irrelevant? The video was about hunting. So if Kevin Costner says positive things about hunting, it doesn’t count?

Get back to the point of the thread, it was about the value and camaraderie of a day in the field with friends. There isn’t a one on this forum that follows their perceptive motto of perfection without some violation of that mantra.

I hate liberals as much as anyone, but the content of the talk was sound…

[Linked Image from i.postimg.cc]
IC B3

K
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
K

Enough for me.

Enough for me.

Originally Posted by Jim_Conrad

What is this some type of race to be irrelevant? The video was about hunting. So if Kevin Costner says positive things about hunting, it doesn’t count?

Get back to the point of the thread, it was about the value and camaraderie of a day in the field with friends. There isn’t a one on this forum that follows their perceptive motto of perfection without some violation of that mantra.

I hate liberals as much as anyone, but the content of the talk was sound…
Is it the mustache?
[Linked Image from i.postimg.cc]

C
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
C
What a bunch of miserable old do nothing haters.

Take it for what it was-a speech about hunting and move on.

Or like most of you will, continue to be miserable.

E
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
E
Originally Posted by callnum

Lemme guess you sucked costners cock

Campfire Outfitter
Online Content
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by callnum

The man got answers to a question that he asked.

Roy

What this world needs is a few more Rednecks.

The DildĹŤ Of Consequence Rarely Arrives Lubed

Waterboarding isn't illegal if you use diesel

D
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
D
At the very least, this thread has brought callnum and shrapnel together.

C
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
C
Originally Posted by dassa
At the very least, this thread has brought callnum and shrapnel together.

And that buddy is near an act of God.

It also confirms how miserable most boomer really are. They hate everything.

C
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
C
I don't mind liberals, actually enjoy the company of a good many. The brain dead part is bewildering and best left unprovoked. They rock me back on my heels sometimes if I say something innocuous and perfectly obvious, like Jan 6 wasn't an insurrection or Ukraine was asking for it since 2014. One the other night confessed that communism is the answer. I was too speechless to ask.

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Originally Posted by 7mmbuster
I wasn’t allowed to have a BB gun, but I had access to a .22 and bigger guns from the time I demonstrated that I could and would safely use it and care for it. That was at age 8.
I combed through the woods and fields around my home endlessly.
I know I was much more excited to legally go hunting with my Dad and other family members than I was when I finally got my drivers license.
Going hunting with these people that I admired so much was something I was most impatient about and so looked forward to doing.
I have often spoken of the bond that builds between hunters is much stronger than blood or friendship that develops. I know this is true because I have experienced it many times.

^^^^This^^^^ but I got the BB gun first.
By the time I was able to "kinda" keep up with dad or grampa, about age 3, the two of them took me hunting. Dad would piggyback me up into a tree stand, wrap me in a blanket and tie me to the tree
That was to keep me from going to sleep and falling out of the tree!!! LOL!
By age 6, they would sit me down with a .410 to shoot at squirrels or passing dove. By 8, it was a single shot 20....and on and on and on!
At 73, a lot of folks have taken more and bigger game than I have, but not many have been "hunting" as long as I have!

P
Campfire Member
Online Content
Campfire Member
P
I enjoyed it a lot and could relate to almost everything he spoke of..

E
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
E
Originally Posted by MartinStrummer
Originally Posted by 7mmbuster
I wasn’t allowed to have a BB gun, but I had access to a .22 and bigger guns from the time I demonstrated that I could and would safely use it and care for it. That was at age 8.
I combed through the woods and fields around my home endlessly.
I know I was much more excited to legally go hunting with my Dad and other family members than I was when I finally got my drivers license.
Going hunting with these people that I admired so much was something I was most impatient about and so looked forward to doing.
I have often spoken of the bond that builds between hunters is much stronger than blood or friendship that develops. I know this is true because I have experienced it many times.

^^^^This^^^^ but I got the BB gun first.
By the time I was able to "kinda" keep up with dad or grampa, about age 3, the two of them took me hunting. Dad would piggyback me up into a tree stand, wrap me in a blanket and tie me to the tree
That was to keep me from going to sleep and falling out of the tree!!! LOL!
By age 6, they would sit me down with a .410 to shoot at squirrels or passing dove. By 8, it was a single shot 20....and on and on and on!
At 73, a lot of folks have taken more and bigger game than I have, but not many have been "hunting" as long as I have!
Reminds me of my childhood piggy back rides in the woodsđź‘Ťđź‘Ťđź‘Ť

Page 2 of 3 1 2 3

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

598 members (22250rem, 10gaugemag, 10ring1, 007FJ, 1lessdog, 219DW, 63 invisible), 2,527 guests, and 1,337 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,192,201
Posts18,485,216
Members73,966
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.