Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Page 2 of 2 1 2
Campfire 'Bwana
Online Content
Campfire 'Bwana
Originally Posted by Garandimal
The phrase “duty, honor, country” is out — exchanged for the more amorphous “Army values.”

Worked for the SS.

[Linked Image from americandigest.org]

GR

And let us not forget, the CNO is now a split tail...

A good principle to guide me through life: “This is all I have come to expect, standard lackluster performance. Trust nothing, believe no one and realize it will only get worse…”

S
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
S
I weep for our nation.....Ain't afraid to admit it...

Its not the nation I grew up in, that's for damn sure.

"Minus the killings, Washington has one of the lowest crime rates in the Country" Marion Barry, Mayor of Wash DC

“Owning guns is not a right. If it were a right, it would be in the Constitution.” ~Alexandria Ocasio Cortez

Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
Who cares?

"Gilland argued that Army values “include Duty and Honor and Country.”

He pointed out that the academy’s mission statement has changed nine times in the last century, and that Duty, Honor, Country was first added in 1998.

As a 1989 graduate of West Point, I can confirm the mission statement did not include “Duty, Honor, Country” while I was there, and it certainly didn’t change the value I place on those words."

Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
Originally Posted by bluefish
“Army Values” means whatever they say it means and that is now a commitment to the LGBTqueer agenda and the destruction of this nation.

Delivered by ass-sucking communists.

Slaves get what they need. Free men get what they want.

Rehabilitation is way overrated.

Orwell wasn't wrong.

GOA member
disappointed NRA member

24HCF SEARCH
P
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
P
Get a rope!
PJ

Our forefathers did not politely protest the British.They did not vote them out of office, nor did they impeach the king,march on the capitol or ask permission for their rights. ----------------They just shot them.
MOLON LABE
IC B2

N
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
N
Originally Posted by BOBBALEE

I was going to say, “Duty, Honor, Country” has been around a LOT longer than ‘98.

NRA Life,Endowment,Patron or Benefactor since '72.
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
According to this article, it has been West Points motto since 1898 and will remain the motto.
Not that I trust anyone in DC but it is still going to be their motto.
I guess the mission statement does periodically change.

https://www.newsnationnow.com/us-news/military/west-point-updates-mission/

West Point takes ‘Duty, Honor, Country’ out of mission statement

West Point's motto has been 'Duty, Honor, Country' since 1898
It will still be West Point's motto but be taken out of mission statement
This is the ninth change to the military academy's mission

Cassie Buchman
Updated: Mar 15, 2024 / 05:49 AM CDT
COMMENTS DO NOT NECESSARILY
Israeli leaders slam Schumer’s speech on Netanyahu | Morning in America

(NewsNation) — While “Duty, Honor, Country” has been the U.S. Military Academy at West Point‘s motto since 1898, it has been taken out of its updated mission statement.

In a news release Monday, West Point said that “Duty, Honor, Country is foundational” to its culture and “will always remain our motto.”

“It defines who we are as an institution and as graduates of West Point,” the statement said. “These three hallowed words are the hallmark of the cadet experience and bind the Long Gray Line together across our great history.”

However, after working to review West Point’s “vision, mission and strategy” with internal and external stakeholders, officials decided to recommend a new mission statement to senior Army leadership.

The school’s motto, “Duty, Honor, Country,” first appeared in the mission statement in 1998.

Now, though, the military academy’s mission will be to “build, educate, train, and inspire the Corps of Cadets to be commissioned leaders of character committed to the Army Values and ready for a lifetime of service to the Army and Nation.”

Both the secretary of the Army and the Army chief of staff approved this recommendation.

While some online took issue with the change, West Point said the new mission statement focuses on “essential tasks” crucial to becoming “leaders of character.”

This is the ninth time West Point’s mission has changed.

The Associated Press contributed to this report.

Molɔ̀ːn Labé Skýla
Page 2 of 2 1 2

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

419 members (17CalFan, 007FJ, 12344mag, 160user, 10Glocks, 10ring1, 44 invisible), 1,728 guests, and 1,089 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,192,002
Posts18,481,306
Members73,959
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.