Print Thread
Hop To
Page 3 of 3 1 2 3
L
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
L
Originally Posted by Cheesy
He was quail “hunting” just up the road back in November. Dined at a wide spot in the road, don’t speed through that “wide spot” either. Made every local news page.

https://www.kake.com/story/50130579/hollywood-celebrity-visits-butler-county-and-eats-at-local-cafe

Place he “hunted” doesn’t even list the prices on their released birds, so you know I can’t afford it smile

Saw John Satterite do an exhibition shoot there 30 years ago.

https://www.flintoak.com/sporting-clays

One of their recommended sample iteneraries:

Lunch
Sporting Clays
Cocktail Hour at The Last Shot
Dinner
Lodging
Duck Hunt
Breakfast
European Driven Shoot
Lunch
Super Quail Hunt
Cocktail Hour at The Last Shot
Dinner
Lodging
Breakfast
Field Hunt
Lunch
Depart

a lot of these game reserve type bird places are awful expensive in my opinion. I've got one damn near my backyard literally like two and a half miles away. and the prices I'm pretty sure I can make a decent trip to South Dakota other than a two day hunt at one of them that was kind of nice..

GB4

H
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
H
Originally Posted by Crash_Pad
I don't mind liberals, actually enjoy the company of a good many. The brain dead part is bewildering and best left unprovoked. They rock me back on my heels sometimes if I say something innocuous and perfectly obvious, like Jan 6 wasn't an insurrection or Ukraine was asking for it since 2014. One the other night confessed that communism is the answer. I was too speechless to ask.
Should have punched him in the throat. Then explained the world to him, while he was choking!!

Last edited by Heym06; 03/15/24.
C
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
C
Costner is an actor , quite a good one, ....he is always acting.

I sure don't need him to be able to understand my feelings .

About as good as Pence.

E
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
E
Originally Posted by Crash_Pad
I don't mind liberals, actually enjoy the company of a good many. The brain dead part is bewildering and best left unprovoked. They rock me back on my heels sometimes if I say something innocuous and perfectly obvious, like Jan 6 wasn't an insurrection or Ukraine was asking for it since 2014. One the other night confessed that communism is the answer. I was too speechless to ask.
I deal with all kinds of ppl day to day the schit I’ve heard would blow ur mind I just nod my head get paid and leave 🤣

H
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
H
Nice speech.

It’s what actors do for a living.

IC B2

C
Campfire Regular
Online Content
Campfire Regular
C
Originally Posted by Houston_2
Nice speech.

Thanks for proving my point.

W
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
W
He know where his bread is buttered and is playing to the right crowd. He is not going woke and broke.

E
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
E
Originally Posted by callnum
Originally Posted by Houston_2
Nice speech.

Thanks for proving my point.
You 2 should gather gheyghost for a train

C
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
C
Originally Posted by Huntz
There is only one perfect being , and he is not human .

You never saw Stephanie. Lived in my Dorm in '91. Mind blowing.

Originally Posted by Archerhunter

Quit giving in inch by inch then looking back to lament the mile behind ya and wonder how to preserve those few feet left in front of ya. They'll never stop until they're stopped. That's a fact.
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
The nix on BB guns was because The Old Man had an auto salvage. A BB will cause a little spall, which will usually crack the glass.
A .22 bullet would cause enough damage to know where it come from!😀
But like I said, from the time I demonstrated that I could be trusted, I was allowed to shoot. I can remember saving up my pennies and allowance to buy 50 rounds of .22. Heck, I think it was half a buck or 60 cents. Most always gone by the afternoon or next day.
It was used in Dave’s old Glenfield, I think model 58. Copy of a Marlin, used the same 7 round clip.
As I said, Dave was sometimes a bad influence on me. We both loved guns and shooting. Dad always thought of a gun that was a tool used for hunting. If Dave bought a new gun, Dad would bitch to me. If I bought another gun l, he’d bitch to Dave!😀
He bought me my first deer rifle when I was 14. A 788 Remington in .308.
Dave had a press, so I got a set of dies and started on my handloading career at age 14. Killed my first buck, a spike, with a 180 grn Nosler outta that gun.
Quite a few others until I got married and joined the Army!
I’ve told this story before on the ‘fire. While I was away, Dad started using and fell I love with that rifle. He was pretty attached to a 336 Marlin in .30-30, but that.308 he really liked.
When I got out, I bought myself a Ruger 77 in oughtsix. Dad used that 788 unit he died 25 hunting seasons later. Killed a 7 point with it at 87 years old!
When it finally came back to me, I can tell you, I cried. I still load for it, and I drag it out a day or two in honor of my Dad. It’s still a freaking shooter 😀
But back to my original thoughts. I think God Himself is a hunter at heart. There’s no other way to explain that bond between hunters, family or friends, even our dogs hold a love that is far deeper than I can explain as a mortal.
I can’t tell you how enjoyable it is to recall these things. Allergy provoking, but like I said, that hunting bond goes far deeper than I can explain.

"Preserving the Constitution, fighting off the nibblers and chippers, even nibblers and chippers with good intentions, was once regarded by conservatives as the first duty of the citizen. It still is." � Wesley Pruden

IC B3

K
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
K
Originally Posted by Crockettnj
Originally Posted by Huntz
There is only one perfect being , and he is not human .

You never saw Stephanie. Lived in my Dorm in '91. Mind blowing.
Pix or it didn't happen

H
Campfire Tracker
Online Content
Campfire Tracker
H
He does hunt. I have some pictures someone sent me a couple of years ago of him Goose hunting in NE Arkansas.

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Originally Posted by kolofardos
[Linked Image from i.postimg.cc]

Good morning kolofardos, I trust you are doing great in beautiful BC.

I was looking at the picture and based on his speech, I understood why he was wearing that T-shirt.

In his speech, he did say that he made it a mission to hunt all of the "A" Places after the duck hunting incident.

As it relates to Wyoming, I am pretty sure the Cheney's have access to all of the best "A" private areas in Wyoming. One way to get access to these beautiful hunting spots is to befriend the Cheney's.

I never was a big fan of Costner, in fact I have always thought that he was overrated as an actor. But I do consider him very intelligent.

So if you want access to the best "A" Hunting spots and clubs in Wyoming, you had better get in line with the Cheney's, but you don't want to go hunting with Dick lol.

One way to get to hunt the "A" places in Wyoming is to wear a T-shirt saying "I'm for Liz Cheney"

You would never get invited to the "A" Places wearing a t-shirt saying "Liz Cheney is a stupid Slut"

cool

Last edited by KillerBee; 03/20/24.

KB

Page 3 of 3 1 2 3

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

634 members (007FJ, 10ring1, 17CalFan, 10gaugemag, 1234, 10gaugeman, 70 invisible), 2,033 guests, and 1,206 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,191,880
Posts18,479,095
Members73,947
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.