Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Page 11 of 17 1 2 9 10 11 12 13 16 17
L
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
L
I own a lot of Leupold scopes that have done me just fine. some of them do get twisted quite often especially in a silhouette match. is it a high precision match no because most of us between you your rifle and the steel Target because you're holding it off hand with weight limits and time limits.
one of the biggest reasons Leupold dominates optics and silhouette matches is because of the weight.

I've also quite a few leupolds on hunting rifles they've always done me fine.

but the fact does remain on some of the disciplines in matches Leupold is fairly low down the list on popularity well in other disciplines there at the top. many times this has to do with how much weight a gun may be limited to in exactly what is demanded from it..
lots of companies make great optics anymore that's a matter of picking the correct one for what you're wanting that particular gun/scope setup to do.

I'm not going to argue which ones better for a certain person or certain discipline being as I nowadays have lots of variety. anything from Leupold, Zeiss, Meopta, Burris, Elite 4200,Hawke, Arken .
I'm sure I've left something out. and I've had many other brands.

to the original question my opinion yeah Leopold will survive for a long time. even if they fall out of the competition circle they've got quite the cornerstone in American hunting.. even though the modern rage right now is to crank turrets I would bet the vast majority of hunters do not..

Last edited by ldholton; 03/15/24.
GB1

Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
Professional Victims are always in a hurry to project that they are a "we". Hint.

Keep the Hurt Feeler Reports coming. Hint.

Fhuqking LAUGHING!.............

Brad says: "Can't fault Rick for his pity letting you back on the fire... but pity it was and remains. Nothing more, nothing less. A sad little man in a sad little dream."
J
Campfire Member
Campfire Member
J
Originally Posted by Mr_TooDogs
Originally Posted by rcamuglia
Originally Posted by Al_Nyhus
One thing that gets lost in these discussions is the size of the target. For example, in PRS the target sizes are from 1-3 MOA. Just because you can adjust the w/e and hit the target, that isn't proof of perfect tracking. It's proof of adequate tracking for the game being played.

Wrong again

It’s illustrative of perfect click values, tracking and zero retention

In the Precision Rifle Series, NRL and Practial Rifle Matches, the competitor is allowed one shot at each target.

The scope must function perfectly

This is opposed to some other disciplines. F-Class sometimes has unlimited sighters. You can shoot at the target as many times as you want until you adjust your drop and windage to your liking, THEN decide to shoot for score.

Your scope’s function can be mediocre

F-Class= 1/2 moa x ring, BR= 0 moa is the goal. PRS, NRL big score zones, room for error, more a billboard than F or BR..

Truth!

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Wrong again

In the Precision Rifle Series, NRL and Practial Rifle Matches, the competitor is allowed one shot at each target.

This is opposed to some other disciplines. F-Class sometimes has unlimited sighters. You can shoot at the target as many times as you want until you adjust your drop and windage to your liking, THEN decide to shoot for score.

F-Class= 1/2 moa x ring, BR= 0 moa is the goal. PRS, NRL big score zones, room for error, more a billboard than F or BR..

Originally Posted by Japlvr
Truth!

LOL.

The only way for you 2 chuckleheads to shoot less would be to handload ammo and give it away.

Originally Posted by 24hr Campfire Skilled Shooters
[Linked Image from media.tenor.com]

John Burns

I have all the sources.
They can't stop the signal.

J
Campfire Member
Campfire Member
J
Originally Posted by JohnBurns
Wrong again

Truth!

LOL.

The only way for you 2 chuckleheads to shoot less would be to handload ammo and give it away.

Are you denying that Benchrest takes more precision than PRS?

IC B2

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Wrong again

Truth!

LOL.

Can benchrest shooters shoot groups in the .01’s off of a tank trap, gate, log, boulder, tree trunk, car window, step ladder, or a stack of tires after running laps, doing pushups, from 100 to 1500 yards?

Last edited by rcamuglia; 03/15/24.

Originally Posted by Bristoe
The people wringing their hands over Trump's rhetoric don't know what time it is in America.
B
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
B
Last year just before deer season I went out back, put up a paper bullseye target at 50 yards and shot two 3 shot groups with my .30-30. The first measured 3/4" and the second a hair over an inch. Not terribly impressive from a bench but those groups were shot offhand. That will kill you a fuuck of a lot more deer hereabouts than .01" groups from a bench.

L
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
L
Wrong again

Truth!

LOL.

Can benchrest shooters shoot groups in the .01’s off of a tank trap, gate, log, boulder, tree trunk, car window, step ladder, or a stack of tires after running laps, doing pushups, from 100 to 1500 yards?
some can some can't. can PRS shooters stand totally off hand like silhouette shooters and maintain in that two MLA range out to 500 meters ?

don't even bother answering some can some can't.
point is some of the equipment used will differ depending on the discipline..

Last edited by ldholton; 03/15/24.
J
Campfire Member
Campfire Member
J
Wrong again

Truth!

LOL.

That isn't what I asked. All I'm saying is that I believe that benchrest competition takes a more precise rifle and a more reliable, repeatable optic to be competitive. Correct me if I'm wrong but PRS does not measure groups to the 4th decimal point. That is PRECISISION!

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Actually that’s not the point

The point is japlver’s question is stupid

Originally Posted by Bristoe
The people wringing their hands over Trump's rhetoric don't know what time it is in America.
IC B3

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Typical articulate PRS competitor discusses his PRS Tripod setup.

GOA
L
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
L
Actually that’s not the point

The point is japlver’s question is stupid
if you want to word it that way. his question is actually not stupid. bench rest wise you're in search of an absolute perfect scope firearm load bullet combination..
which in a real world is not going to happen and there is definitely some human skill involved in Reading conditions and making absolutely one hole. the closest person to that perfection wins the match.. PRS or F class or pick your other discipline or shooting at certain size targets and all you have to do is hit them it doesn't matter how perfect you're exact groups are. so long as you hit them.

so yeah in bench rest really takes a more accurate setup in the others. not taking away from other disciplines of ability to read conditions or get as accurate a gun as you can.

all disciplines the perfect gun scope load combination would be awesome and leave it only to human error but in reality that's never going to happen.

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker

Forbidden Zoner
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
That isn't what I asked. All I'm saying is that I believe that benchrest competition takes a more precise rifle and a more reliable, repeatable optic to be competitive. Correct me if I'm wrong but PRS does not measure groups to the 4th decimal point. That is PRECISISION!

You don't shoot benchrest.

You don't shoot PRS/NRL.

You don't hunt in any manner that would require any but the cheapest optic.

You DO run your mouth about things which you have zero experience and you get extra retard points for enhancing your spelling error in CAPS.

John Burns

I have all the sources.

Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
Originally Posted by 257Bob
Originally Posted by SDHNTR
They aren’t going anywhere. Leopold and Vortex own the big box market where Bubba shops. Bubba don’t know any better. Bubba points and shoots, or if he dials, he dials CDS.

Lower price point maybe, but when you get north of $1,000 it's a different market/clientele!
The vast majority of folks are well south of $1000 scopes.

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter

[Linked Image]

Only accurate rifles are interesting.
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter

LOL.

You 2 ol duffers can't even post anything current and think Outdoor Life is the best place to get optics advice.

It is a great example of how Leupold is gaining ground.

Originally Posted by 24hr Campfire Ol Duffer Brigade still living in the past
Outdoor Life is the Best [Linked Image from external-content.duckduckgo.com]

John Burns

I have all the sources.

J
Campfire Member
Campfire Member
J

You don't shoot benchrest.

You don't shoot PRS/NRL.

You don't hunt in any manner that would require any but the cheapest optic.

You DO run your mouth about things which you have zero experience and you get extra retard points for enhancing your spelling error in CAPS.

Face it, you know for a fact that benchrest shooting is more precise than PRS. But you will never admit it. Why, because your famed brand of optic can't compete. And since your financial endeavors lie with Leupold you must build them up. Facts are facts and Leupold is NOT the "top dog" any longer in F-Class shooting or benchrest competitions. NO ONE that is winning (let alone using) in any sanctioned F-Class, mid to long range (400-1000 yard) benchrest or ELR (over 1000 yard) is using Leupold. NO ONE!!!!!

And I do shoot benchrest competitions at local clubs using Nightforce & March optics. So in your drunken' stupor, wrong again.

Since I have sold all of my inferior Leupold scopes, my hunting rifles are topped with Nikon Monarchs, USA Made Burris Signature Select, Sightron SIII's. I will never own another Leupold product as long as I live. My money, my choice. It won't break my heart when the 3rd gen owners close up the Beaverton, OR shop.

V
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
V
japlover: The Leupold & Stevens Company is now run by the FIFTH (thats FIVE for you dullards!) generation family of owners!
Sheesh - speaking of stupidity.
Long live Leupold & Stevens Corporation - a fine AMERICAN (not jap!) company.
Hold into the wind
VarmintGuy

K
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
K
Had to re-zero 2 Leupolds in the last 2 days both were 6 x 36 both took several shots to get them to adjust. Shot 4 other rifles with other scopes and adjustments worked perfectly. The only reason I keep the Leupolds is I like the size weight and classic looks hate the way they have wonky adjustments.

kk alaska

Alaska 7 months of winter then 5 months of tourists
Page 11 of 17 1 2 9 10 11 12 13 16 17

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

84 members (7mm_Loco, 6MMWASP, 6mmbrfan, 3333vl, 9 invisible), 1,776 guests, and 1,011 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,192,626
Posts18,492,901
Members73,977
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.