Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Page 12 of 17 1 2 10 11 12 13 14 16 17
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by kk alaska
Had to re-zero 2 Leupolds in the last 2 days both were 6 x 36 both took several shots to get them to adjust. Shot 4 other rifles with other scopes and adjustments worked perfectly. The only reason I keep the Leupolds is I like the size weight and classic looks hate the way they have wonky adjustments.

Glad to hear those old Leupolds are still getting the job done. The friction adjustments are not as nice as a bit more current click adjustments and dual spring systems and take a bit of knowledge fine tuning the adjustments.

What bases and mounts are you using with those old 6s.

In bit of a silly thread about whether Leupold will survive it's always a good data point that scopes Leupold made many, many years ago are still getting the job done.

Last edited by JohnBurns; 03/15/24.

John Burns

I have all the sources.
They can't stop the signal.

GB1

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by rcamuglia
Actually that’s not the point

The point is japlver’s question is stupid

There are no stupid questions, just stupid people asking questions.

J
Campfire Member
Campfire Member
J
Originally Posted by VarmintGuy
japlover: The Leupold & Stevens Company is now run by the FIFTH (thats FIVE for you dullards!) generation family of owners!
Sheesh - speaking of stupidity.
Long live Leupold & Stevens Corporation - a fine AMERICAN (not jap!) company.
Hold into the wind
VarmintGuy

Sorry about getting my family generations wrong. Maybe these kids will be the ones who file Chapter 11.

I'll take a Japanese made optic any day of the week over a USA optic, such as March.

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Here's a link to the 2023 PRS equipment list courtesy of the official PRS website
https://www.precisionrifleseries.com/

Forbidden Zoner
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
Reupold can' even claim "Made In America". Hint.

[Linked Image from imagizer.imageshack.com]

They'd do well to farm all out to LOW,plainly state same and field some sound wares...if only for a change. Hint.

Just sayin'..............

Brad says: "Can't fault Rick for his pity letting you back on the fire... but pity it was and remains. Nothing more, nothing less. A sad little man in a sad little dream."
IC B2

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by Japlvr
Originally Posted by JohnBurns
Originally Posted by Japlvr
That isn't what I asked. All I'm saying is that I believe that benchrest competition takes a more precise rifle and a more reliable, repeatable optic to be competitive. Correct me if I'm wrong but PRS does not measure groups to the 4th decimal point. That is PRECISISION!

You don't shoot benchrest.

You don't shoot PRS/NRL.

You don't hunt in any manner that would require any but the cheapest optic.

You DO run your mouth about things which you have zero experience and you get extra retard points for enhancing your spelling error in CAPS.

Face it, you know for a fact that benchrest shooting is more precise than PRS. But you will never admit it. Why, because your famed brand of optic can't compete. And since your financial endeavors lie with Leupold you must build them up. Facts are facts and Leupold is NOT the "top dog" any longer in F-Class shooting or benchrest competitions. NO ONE that is winning (let alone using) in any sanctioned F-Class, mid to long range (400-1000 yard) benchrest or ELR (over 1000 yard) is using Leupold. NO ONE!!!!!

And I do shoot benchrest competitions at local clubs using Nightforce & March optics. So in your drunken' stupor, wrong again.

Since I have sold all of my inferior Leupold scopes, my hunting rifles are topped with Nikon Monarchs, USA Made Burris Signature Select, Sightron SIII's. I will never own another Leupold product as long as I live. My money, my choice. It won't break my heart when the 3rd gen owners close up the Beaverton, OR shop.

Comparing the vastly different games and the vastly different equipment used in each, then concluding the equipment used in either one is superior, is ridiculous

Originally Posted by Bristoe
The people wringing their hands over Trump's rhetoric don't know what time it is in America.
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by Big Stick
My 16x,made it beyond 20K,before the A/O puked.

Beings it failed,it ain't in the above tally and it is in fact,the only Leupie I've crashed.

Broke a 6x42 on installation,but I knowed better(DD's on skewed bridge height,less eccentrics)..................

Originally Posted by 24hr Campfire Shooters who Shoot Good and have Good Rifles

John Burns

I have all the sources.

Campfire Outfitter
Online Content
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by rcamuglia
Originally Posted by Al_Nyhus
One thing that gets lost in these discussions is the size of the target. For example, in PRS the target sizes are from 1-3 MOA. Just because you can adjust the w/e and hit the target, that isn't proof of perfect tracking. It's proof of adequate tracking for the game being played.

Wrong again

It’s illustrative of perfect click values, tracking and zero retention

In the Precision Rifle Series, NRL and Practial Rifle Matches, the competitor is allowed one shot at each target.

The scope must function perfectly

This is opposed to some other disciplines. F-Class sometimes has unlimited sighters. You can shoot at the target as many times as you want until you adjust your drop and windage to your liking, THEN decide to shoot for score.

Your scope’s function can be mediocre
A couple of points to add:

- target size in PRS can be much smaller than 1 MOA. There are some 1/2 MOA targets, and the KYL rack can have targets much smaller than that.

- "The scope must function perfectly" - I would modify this to say that the scope must function adequately to keep shots on the target size in question.

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by JohnBurns
My 16x,made it beyond 20K,before the A/O puked.

Beings it failed,it ain't in the above tally and it is in fact,the only Leupie I've crashed.

Broke a 6x42 on installation,but I knowed better(DD's on skewed bridge height,less eccentrics)..................

Originally Posted by 24hr Campfire Shooters who Shoot Good and have Good Rifles

That was back when it was fashionable to love Leupold. Now that some of the popular kids have moved on, you surely don't expect him to stay behind do you?

V
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
V
japlover: I have MANY Rifle scopes made in Japan (including many Nikon Monarchs!) and after decades of extensive use I much prefer the Leupold line.
I do most all (ALL!) of my scope buying on the "used market" and I am now hesitant to buy Nikon and Weavers anymore due to those companies being "unsurvivoring" (dead!)!
I just checked my on-line inventory and my Nikons and my Weavers all (I have 22 of those on Rifles currently!) work well and to date have had NO failures with them - which is comparable performance to my much higher numbers of Leupold scopes I currently own.
Don't like Leupolds then knock yourself out buying others but DO NOT even try to convince me Leupold scopes are failures - myself and legions of other Leupold users know better!
Long live Leupold & Stevens a fine American company.
Hold into the wind
VarmintGuy

IC B3

O
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
O
I have one to send in, I better get it done sooner than later. It is a VX-Freedom that came on a rifle I just bought. I have a ton of Leupolds and this is only the second one I have had to send in.

Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
Reupold MK4 16x M1,THE Flagship of the day. Hint.

My MK4 FFP Spotter is an ACE,with (3) trips to Reupold exceptionally busy Repair Facility. Hint.

On the "bright" side,they put a new erector in it,on Puke #3. Hint.

Typical Reupold. Hint.

Though in fairness,my Reupold MK5 HD,is the biggest piece of fhuqking schit I've ever encountered. Hint.

Them Facts are seemingly more than a touch unsettling,for Professional Victims. Hint.

Fhuqking LAUGHING!..............

Brad says: "Can't fault Rick for his pity letting you back on the fire... but pity it was and remains. Nothing more, nothing less. A sad little man in a sad little dream."
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
I saw The Pimp kill a Buck in his bed at 1004yds,with his light 243AI wearing 3.5-10x 40mm non-A/O Leupie.

Yes...first poke................

Originally Posted by LiL Fish
[Linked Image from external-content.duckduckgo.com]

John Burns

I have all the sources.

Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
"Living" vicariously and stealing pics are your only "moves",as you DESPERATELY cling to the chicken scratch you call a "pay check". Hint.

Them Facts are seemingly more than a touch unsettling,for Professional Victims. Hint.

Fhuqking LAUGHING!..............

K
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
K
The Leupolds were the newer click adjustments LEUPOLDS zero,s wanders just sitting in the safe? And rezeroing is always a pain when adjustment does not move correctly. Strange that lots of issues go away when I use a different non Leupold scope in the same mount? Slowly getting rid of my Leupolds and issues are going away, same mount different scope.

Today I put an Old Bushnell 2.75 Scope Chief Comand Post, bought at Gun Show for $35 on a LH Savage 22 ,Weaver mounts,
and adjustments worked more precisely than the Leupolds.

Last edited by kk alaska; 03/15/24.

kk alaska

Alaska 7 months of winter then 5 months of tourists
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
I buy/use/love Leupold,as issued.................

[Linked Image from external-content.duckduckgo.com]

John Burns

I have all the sources.

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by kk alaska
Today I put an Old Bushnell 2.75 Scope Chief Comand Post, bought at Gun Show for $35 on a LH Savage 22 ,Weaver mounts,
and adjustments worked more precisely than the Leupolds.

[Linked Image from i.postimg.cc]

Originally Posted by Bristoe
The people wringing their hands over Trump's rhetoric don't know what time it is in America.
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
Squirms,

If only for context,cite how many times a day you think about me and then extrapolate how that greatly exceeds the live rounds you "shoot". Hint.

Fhuqking LAUGHING!............

W
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
W
My prediction is that Leupold will survive longer than anyone posting in this thread.

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by dave7mm
https://docs.google.com/spreadsheet...v/pubhtml?gid=2075307682&single=true

Fclass equipment list for f open.
I counted over 60 names .
Not one Leupold in the list.
So sad.

dave
Looking over the equipment list.
I see that I was wrong.
I can't find one Leupold on the list anywhere.
So it well over 100 competitors.
dave

[Linked Image]

Only accurate rifles are interesting.
Page 12 of 17 1 2 10 11 12 13 14 16 17

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

292 members (204guy, 17CalFan, 257_X_50, 29aholic, 219 Wasp, 38 invisible), 2,354 guests, and 1,262 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,192,625
Posts18,492,865
Members73,977
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.