Hop To
Page 28 of 72 1 2 26 27 28 29 30 71 72
H
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
H
Originally Posted by Jackson_Handy
Are all the boomers dead yet?
We are working on it, your going to have to learn patience. 20 more years for many. In the meantime get your ass to work, and keep stuffing the coffer!

GB1

Campfire Outfitter
OP Offline
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by 12344mag
I can't believe this thread is still Booming.......

I learned a few things in this thread;
Most Boomers posting here follow a couple patterns, MOST, not all.

A. Can't help but tell you how hard their life was (is), how tired they are, how they had to spend the night on the cross after a hard days work for little money.
( Kind of like pilots and Vegans, can't help it)
Remember 40 hours 40 years ago was longer than todays hours. (wait for 40hr. week comments) It's that predictable.

OR

B. Angry posts full of insults.
Because nobody today or the last 30 years has worked hard or deserved their pay.
Finally, humor fades with age.

Roy

What this world needs is a few more Rednecks.

The Dildō Of Consequence Rarely Arrives Lubed

Waterboarding isn't illegal if you use diesel

Campfire Outfitter
OP Offline
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by Blackheart
Back then you relied on your kids to take care of you when you got old. Good luck with that now. The selfish, lazy, arrogant, worthless little pricks gonna let you starve. Haaahaaahaahaahaa !

That’s a pretty broad brush, do you have any kids or grandkids?
Why would they treat you like that ?

Roy

What this world needs is a few more Rednecks.

The Dildō Of Consequence Rarely Arrives Lubed

Waterboarding isn't illegal if you use diesel

J
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
J
Originally Posted by LRoyJetson
Back then you relied on your kids to take care of you when you got old. Good luck with that now. The selfish, lazy, arrogant, worthless little pricks gonna let you starve. Haaahaaahaahaahaa !

Why?

Take a guess!

I am MAGA.
F
Campfire Outfitter
Online Content
Campfire Outfitter
F
It is interesting to note, that Pew Research and others confirming, that the Silent Generation and the Boomers are significantly majority conservative voters. Succeeding generations are majority Democrats, with the Millennials leading the stupid contest with 54% blue. M's and X's also lead the uncommitted, middle of the road.
The Silents (we don't buy green bananas) are the largest percentage hard core conservatives. This really doesn't fit well with the common assumption that all old people vote themselves free stuff.
I am not surprised by this, having read years ago, that the Nielson Rating of Rush Limbaugh's core audience was us geezers.

Well this is a fine pickle we're in, should'a listened to Joe McCarthy and George Orwell I guess.
IC B2

J
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
J
It is kinda crappy when you think about how you hear all the badmouthing of these kids today.

Mildred and Horace wouldn't stand a chance today in high-school.

Not to mention how the big taxpayers and largest group of PRODUCTIVE workers are all pieces of shìt basement dwellers.

These kids went to war for 20 years. No draft. Basement dwellers indeed.

Over half of the greatest generation was drafted.

And the older generation doesn't understand why they don't get the respect they deserve.

Just the way it seems to me.

I am MAGA.
B
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
B

Yeah I have kids and grandkids. They don't fit the picture painted of them by the broad brush of many boomers anymore than I fit the picture of a boomer painted by the broad brush used by most millenials.

J
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
J
Originally Posted by flintlocke
It is interesting to note, that Pew Research and others confirming, that the Silent Generation and the Boomers are significantly majority conservative voters. Succeeding generations are majority Democrats, with the Millennials leading the stupid contest with 54% blue. M's and X's also lead the uncommitted, middle of the road.
The Silents (we don't buy green bananas) are the largest percentage hard core conservatives. This really doesn't fit well with the common assumption that all old people vote themselves free stuff.
I am not surprised by this, having read years ago, that the Nielson Rating of Rush Limbaugh's core audience was us geezers.

I would take exception with that.

The "hard core" old fuggers voted blue in 20.

I am MAGA.
C
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
C
Conrad thinks the SS grabbers are going to fugg up his .gov farm subsidies.

B
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
B
Originally Posted by Jim_Conrad

Why?

Take a guess!
You are a dumb sunofabitch, in addition to being a smelly, lazy, fat drunk.

IC B3

Campfire Outfitter
Online Content
Campfire Outfitter
Would you boomers give back some or all of your entitlements to help save the country?
My wife and I both take a SS payment every month and I take the drought disaster payments from USDA (which are a ridiculous waste of tax money) But yes I would give up some of my unentitlements as long as it would be for everyone no matter who.

Instead of SS step increases for inflation and calling a cut in the normal increase a budget cut why not a 1% actual cut in everything every year for 10 years with no one spared. If you are drawing $1,000 for example your cut would be $10. If the military gets $1,000,000,000,000 well by golly they will just have to make it on 1% less

EBT cards the same and so on.

Social Security should be called what it is, a coerced gift from the younger generation. If you are living off of the gift of a SS payment, tough titty, you can do your part and lose a few hundred $ every year.

So, yes I'll be glad to take a cut if everybody does, and I don't feel sorry at all for those stupid wasteful souls that don't have the money for a roll of toilet paper mid month.

Patriotism (and religion) is the last refuge of a scoundrel.

Jesus: "Take heed that no man deceive you."
B
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
B
It is kinda crappy when you think about how you hear all the badmouthing of these kids today.

Not to mention how the big taxpayers and largest group of PRODUCTIVE workers are all pieces of shìt basement dwellers.

And the older generation doesn't understand why they don't get the respect they deserve.

Funny, the millenial who cries the loudest about how they've had it so tough and his generation works so hard has plenty of time to post on the campfire at all hours of the day. It's also odd how many employers will tell you they absolutely have to hire immigrants to do construction/roofing/farm type work today because Americans just won't do that stuff anymore. The same kind of work I busted my ass doing for many years and I didn't have time to post on the internet when I worked those jobs because I was actually "working" all day.

F
Campfire Outfitter
Online Content
Campfire Outfitter
F
Are you telling me that 2 generations of conservatives suddenly switched to vote blue in 20?

Well this is a fine pickle we're in, should'a listened to Joe McCarthy and George Orwell I guess.
S
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
S
Would you boomers give back some or all of your entitlements to help save the country?

I would if every other group pitched in.

But that'll never happen.

A wise man is frequently humbled.

M
Campfire Tracker
Online Content
Campfire Tracker
M
Originally Posted by smokepole

Everyone is a special interest group.

J
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
J

Funny, the millenial who cries the loudest about how they've had it so tough and his generation works so hard has plenty of time to post on the campfire at all hours of the day. It's also odd how many employers will tell you they absolutely have to hire immigrants to do construction/roofing/farm type work today because Americans just won't do that stuff anymore. The same kind of work I busted my ass doing for many years and I didn't have time to post on the internet when I worked those jobs because I was actually "working" all day.

Have you ever had a coherent thought you old bitch?

Go kick some brambles and dogs.

I am MAGA.
J
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
J
Originally Posted by Mike_S
Originally Posted by smokepole

Everyone is a special interest group.

That's about a perfect way to sum it up.

I am MAGA.
J
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
J
Originally Posted by flintlocke
Are you telling me that 2 generations of conservatives suddenly switched to vote blue in 20?

I should believe the pollsters rather than the people I intact with?

Maybe Hillary really did win in 16 eh?

I am MAGA.
B
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
B

Have you ever had a coherent thought you old bitch?

Go kick some brambles and dogs.
Get to work you lazy fat bastard. The trouble with you whiny bitches today is you expect a full days pay for a half days work while you spend the other half on the net complaining about how tough you've got it.

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
(Never mind. Deleted.)

Last edited by BFaucett; 03/16/24.

"Whose bright idea was it to put every idiot in the world in touch with every other idiot? It's working!" -- P. J. O'Rourke
Page 28 of 72 1 2 26 27 28 29 30 71 72

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

457 members (1badf350, 10ring1, 160user, 10gaugemag, 17CalFan, 06hunter59, 45 invisible), 1,513 guests, and 1,105 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,194,216
Posts18,524,460
Members74,031
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.