-->
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Page 13 of 17 1 2 11 12 13 14 15 16 17
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
I see a deer out there at 300 yards. I’ll adjust the objective, set the power on 9, add 4 clicks elevation, wind is at a 45 degree angle at 15 MPH - 6 clicks to the left. Hmm where did that deer go? I’ll leave the scope set like that as I might see the deer again. Later, oh my there’s a nice buck 90 degrees to the left. Get my range finder out, adjust the objective lense, set the power to 6x, 4 clicks down, what was wind windage set, oh yeh, 12 clicks to the right. Dang, where did that buck go? He was right there.

Yeh, the bulk of scope buyers really need the gadgets. Do you suppose they’d pay an extra $??? for the gadgets.

Last edited by Bugger; 03/16/24.

I prefer classic.
Semper Fi
I used to run with the hare. Now I'm envious of the tortoise and I do my own stunts but rarely intentionally
GB1

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by Bugger
I see a deer out there at 300 yards. I’ll adjust the objective, set the power on 9, add 4 clicks elevation, wind is at a 45 degree angle at 15 MPH - 6 clicks to the left. Hmm where did that deer go? I’ll leave the scope set like that as I might see the deer again. Later, oh my there’s a nice buck 90 degrees to the left. Get my range finder out, adjust the objective lense, set the power to 6x, 4 clicks down, what was wind windage set, oh yeh, 12 clicks to the right. Dang, where did that buck go? He was right there.

Yeh, the bulk of scope buyers really need the gadgets. Do you suppose they’d pay an extra $??? for the gadgets.

You seriously believe that’s the process?

[Linked Image from i.postimg.cc]

Originally Posted by Bristoe
The people wringing their hands over Trump's rhetoric don't know what time it is in America.
A
Campfire Ranger
Online Content
Campfire Ranger
A
I know I’d be a customer again if they made some no frills 2-7, 3-9, 4x fixed, 6x fixed, No frills, capped turrets, repeatable POI adjustments, excellent at dusk and dawn. No 4 reticle , duplex, or firedot. $299-$599 msrp. Don’t care if it’s built in Japan or here

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Originally Posted by Clynn
It would be interesting to have an optical engineer disassemble a , let's say a perfectly tracking Nightfforce and imperfectly tracking Leupold and point out as to why the difference in performance.

Unfortunately, unless the mechanical issue is a big one (cracked erector tube, broken preload spring, etc), just taking a scope apart will either destroy or cover up what the issues are. A lot of tracking issues have to to with how the erector assy fits into the supporting pieces at the end. This clearance is set or at least checked by the scope assemblers. So it comes back to Q.C. issues...either in mfg'ing, assembly or both. It's not economical for the scope mfg. to spend the time to diagnose...they either replace everything or replace the scope. March is the only one I know of that does a detailed disassembly....might be some others, though.

I was able to fix this one as the issue with the reticle 'jumping' was pretty apparent. The erector tube was galled under the adjuster foot due to the center adjustment pin not being in contact with the tube right out of the box. After being smoothed out and having the center pin adjusted properly, it worked well and continues to do so.
[Linked Image from i.imgur.com]

Good shootin' smile -Al

Forbidden Zoner
C
Campfire Member
Campfire Member
C
Originally Posted by Al_Nyhus
Originally Posted by Clynn
It would be interesting to have an optical engineer disassemble a , let's say a perfectly tracking Nightfforce and imperfectly tracking Leupold and point out as to why the difference in performance.

Unfortunately, unless the mechanical issue is a big one (cracked erector tube, broken preload spring, etc), just taking a scope apart will either destroy or cover up what the issues are. A lot of tracking issues have to to with how the erector assy fits into the supporting pieces at the end. This clearance is set or at least checked by the scope assemblers. So it comes back to Q.C. issues...either in mfg'ing, assembly or both. It's not economical for the scope mfg. to spend the time to diagnose...they either replace everything or replace the scope. March is the only one I know of that does a detailed disassembly....might be some others, though.

I was able to fix this one as the issue with the reticle 'jumping' was pretty apparent. The erector tube was galled under the adjuster foot due to the center adjustment pin not being in contact with the tube right out of the box. After being smoothed out and having the center pin adjusted properly, it worked well and continues to do so.
[Linked Image from i.imgur.com]

Good shootin' smile -Al

Makes sense.

IC B2

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by alwaysoutdoors
I know I’d be a customer again if they made some no frills 2-7, 3-9, 4x fixed, 6x fixed, No frills, capped turrets, repeatable POI adjustments, excellent at dusk and dawn. No 4 reticle , duplex, or firedot. $299-$599 msrp. Don’t care if it’s built in Japan or here

Leupold is working hard on the new line just for brain donors like you.

The new Leupold VariLowIQ line

The VariLowIQ 4X is perfect for you

🤣

Originally Posted by Bristoe
The people wringing their hands over Trump's rhetoric don't know what time it is in America.
B
Campfire Ranger
Online Content
Campfire Ranger
B
Originally Posted by rcamuglia

🤣
LOL !!!!

Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
It'd be nice if they simply offered SOMETHING that tracked,repeated and held zero...if only for a change. Hint.

Just sayin'.............

Brad says: "Can't fault Rick for his pity letting you back on the fire... but pity it was and remains. Nothing more, nothing less. A sad little man in a sad little dream."
R
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
R
Originally Posted by rcamuglia

🤣

While your comment is funny AWO is right. Leupold has discontinued some very useful scopes from before the click era.

Dog I rescued in January

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Originally Posted by kk alaska
Strange that lots of issues go away when I use a different non Leupold scope in the same mount? Slowly getting rid of my Leupolds and issues are going away, same mount different scope.
EXACTLY!

B.C. don't matter.............Laffin!
IC B3

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by Big Stick
It'd be nice if they simply offered SOMETHING that tracked,repeated and held zero...if only for a change. Hint.

Just sayin'.............

I couldn't begin to guess how many tens of thousands of come-up solutions I've dumped into Leupie erectors...less issue.............

[Linked Image from external-content.duckduckgo.com]

John Burns

I have all the sources.
They can't stop the signal.

Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
Because plagiarism is your only move,as you fixate me 24/7,you REALLY should add some context and cite Thread dates and rifle particulars. Be VERY careful. HINT.

Don't "forget" that I broke trail here and you came sniffing my ass,8 years after that fact,as a quantified Professional Victim. Hint.

Just sayin'.............

Brad says: "Can't fault Rick for his pity letting you back on the fire... but pity it was and remains. Nothing more, nothing less. A sad little man in a sad little dream."
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
If you can't kill it wit a standad duplex,it ain't gonna get killed with ANYTHING else.

Leupie will of course continue to get my loot.................

Originally Posted by 24hr Campfire LDS victims
[Linked Image from media.tenor.com]

John Burns

I have all the sources.

P
Campfire Member
Campfire Member
P
Originally Posted by Bugger
I guess for a guy like who has zero desire to spin turrets, most of what’s being written has no effect. When I’m hunting I know before hand what the POI is at any distance I’m going to shoot. What matters is optical quality and holding zero. You guys that like to spin turrets have added issues of which I’m not interested in doing. I personally do not know anyone I hunt with or shoot with that spins turrets. I’m thinking that the ability to do so with a scope is not all that important for a company that manufactures scopes. Important for some, but only a small percentage.

I’ve shot quite a bit competitively and have only used iron sights. And I knew how many clicks to change POI from 325 to 500 or whatever the game called for. Lately the only matches I’ve shot is with the M1.
I enjoyed your last statement. I guess you were counting on the clicks to move the same ammout every time?

Elevation is math
Windage is Voodoo
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
Squirms,

You suck a mean ass,despite having Bankrupted more businesses than Covid. Try to keep pace,if only for the first time. Hint.

Fhuqking LAUGHING!.............

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
A trend is more than (2)...and I'll cite that the only Leupie I've ever puked by shooting,was a 1" 16x A/O.

If only for starters.................

Originally Posted by 24hr Campfire LDS victims
[Linked Image from media.tenor.com]

John Burns

I have all the sources.

Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
Squirms,

I've only had a coupla hundred Reupolds. No need to cover your ass sucking tracks,simply include the dates associated for context. You haven't the faculties to even begin to comprehend the magnitude. Hint.

Though in fairness,you are adept at stealing pics. Hint.

Fhuqking LAUGHING!..............

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Originally Posted by dave7mm
Looking over the equipment list.
I see that I was wrong.
I can't find one Leupold on the list anywhere.
So it well over 100 competitors.
dave

No gold rings on the top ELR shooters rifles either.

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Leupold 3.5-10x M1,Leupold 3.5-10x M1,Leupold 3.5-10x M1.

Roughly in that order.....................

Originally Posted by LiL Fish
[Linked Image from external-content.duckduckgo.com]

John Burns

I have all the sources.

J
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
J
Bankrupted more businesses than Covid….
I’m guessing a couple of those were all you can eat buffet’s.

Page 13 of 17 1 2 11 12 13 14 15 16 17

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

604 members (160user, 10Glocks, 1minute, 22250rem, 1936M71, 007FJ, 65 invisible), 2,581 guests, and 1,243 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,192,480
Posts18,490,058
Members73,972
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.