Hop To
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3
D
Dinny Offline OP
Campfire Tracker
OP Offline
Campfire Tracker
D
Why don't people list all (or even most) of their items in one ad? I have spoken for an item just to see the same person has other items I can use listed later after I've already paid. I avoid those repeat sales because I'd pay shipping twice. If items were in one ad the person could sell in bundles, ship fewer packages, and manage their sales easier.

Medics bury their mistakes..
GB1

J
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
J
On this big lot of stuff I am selling, I do it so I can keep it straight. I listed a big lot of misc stuff at first, and after 3-4 days, I could not edit the original post anymore and it became difficult to keep sold items separate from remaining items. Listing smaller lots of items helps me be able to keep up with what I have left of similar items.

Personally, I would be much more inclined to list everything in one thread if we could edit the original post indefinitely.

Last edited by Joe_S; 03/17/24.

"An armed society is a polite society."

Joe S.
M
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
M
I am not saying it's right and I generally don't do it myself but some sellers find it easier to keep track of stuff if they are all in separate ads.

Internet analysis: 1 in a row is a trend, 2 in a row is statistically significant, and 3 in a row is an irrefutable fact

Fools & fanatics are always so certain and wise people are always so questioning

[Linked Image from i.imgur.com]

R
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
R
Joe S has a great point about editing the original posts. That ability is gone after 2 days. I wish the moderators could adjust the software so posts can be edited forever like on Rokslide and Long Range Hunting. Then we could line out items sold from a bulk listing.

M
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
M
Originally Posted by Joe_S
On this big lot of stuff I am selling, I do it so I can keep it straight. I listed a big lot of misc stuff at first, and after 3-4 days, I could not edit the original post anymore and it became difficult to keep sold items separate from remaining items. Listing smaller lots of items helps me be able to keep up with what I have left of similar items.

Personally, I would be much more inclined to list everything in one thread of we could esit the original post indefinitely.

I agree Joe. I don't see why we can't edit an ad indefinitely. If the reason is somehow to prevent cheating somebody cheating a buyer...I would say they are plenty of ways cheat people and plenty of ways the memorialize what was in the original ad.

Internet analysis: 1 in a row is a trend, 2 in a row is statistically significant, and 3 in a row is an irrefutable fact

Fools & fanatics are always so certain and wise people are always so questioning

[Linked Image from i.imgur.com]

IC B2

Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular

Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
Very good point, I had the same experience.

B
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
B
I like to do single item/single post . It’s arduous to look at a listing titled “ things for sale “ or “ bench cleaning “ ….. You look intently at the listing only to find nothing of interest …. Well , that was a waste of time I’ll never get back .

At least with the single listing/single item logic you know what’s up for grabs before you even click on the link . I’ve done the bundled way before when I was selling multiple different items and it was a cluster f*&% …. Folks saying they will take an item , send me their info only to realize the item was sold days ago . They don’t take the time to read the whole post , meanwhile my PM’s are blowing up for needless reasons .

However , I use the bundle logic when selling multiples of the same item .

Something that bothers me is when someones listing looks like this : “ .284 Nosler Partions “ or “ Colt 1911 “ …. Are you selling , are you looking for one ? Why they do this is beyond me ….. Click bait ?

With my format you know what exactly is being sought or sold . Uninterested , breeze right by with no second thought onto the next listing below mine .

If you buy something from me it’s usually a day or two before I can get to the post office or get shipping supplies due to my disability . So if you see something else of interest , it’s usually no problem to stick everything in one shipping box .
Also , it’s easier to track and sort .

Three weeks ago someone bought multiple different items from me within 24 hours and it was no issue putting everything in one box .

Last edited by bulkie_roll; 03/17/24.
D
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
D
Originally Posted by Dinny
Why don't people list all (or even most) of their items in one ad? I have spoken for an item just to see the same person has other items I can use listed later after I've already paid. I avoid those repeat sales because I'd pay shipping twice. If items were in one ad the person could sell in bundles, ship fewer packages, and manage their sales easier.

Dinny, you post the way you want to post, and ALL the other Guys will post the WAY they want to post.

Dirty Harry

K
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
K
Originally Posted by dirtyharry

Dinny, you post the way you want to post, and ALL the other Guys will post the WAY they want to post.

Dirty Harry

Shiiiit.....this dumbazz has the nerve to tell others how to price their items. Now he wants people to list their stuff so it's easier FOR HIM. Unbelievable.

IC B3

L
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
L
I do have a few different small ads listed cuz it was way easier for me to do the pictures that way. it's all so easy for me to keep track of. then if I ask I will happily combine shipping and all I can.

S
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
S
Boy, am I gonna piss you guys off (not intentionally).

I'm getting ready to make a number of for sale posts.
I'm making multiple posts because the items are so dissimilar
that just trying to get the header for the ad to make sense
and attract buyers would be a pain to be all inclusive.

Sorry,
Shotgunjock

J
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
J
Originally Posted by shotgunjock
Boy, am I gonna piss you guys off (not intentionally).

I'm getting ready to make a number of for sale posts.
I'm making multiple posts because the items are so dissimilar
that just trying to get the header for the ad to make sense
and attract buyers would be a pain to be all inclusive.

Sorry,
Shotgunjock

Offer some Midol for DizzyDinny.

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
We need a business sales tab.
When you’re selling multiple items of basically the same thing, bullets for example, they all should be under one listing, not twenty, thereby pushing everyone further down the page than they should.
Let’s see how many democrats respond….

I am the way, the truth, and the life: no one comes to the Father but by me. John 14:6
D
Dinny Offline OP
Campfire Tracker
OP Offline
Campfire Tracker
D
Originally Posted by John_Boy
When you’re selling multiple items of basically the same thing, bullets for example, they all should be under one listing, not twenty, thereby pushing everyone further down the page than they should.

This man gets it!

Medics bury their mistakes..
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by John_Boy

I would even go out on a limb and suggest a separate sub heading for knives. Then again, I like this site so I won't complain.

I am always looking for factory wood stocks!
J
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
J
Originally Posted by Ky221
Originally Posted by dirtyharry

Dirty Harry

Shiiiit.....this dumbazz has the nerve to tell others how to price their items. Now he wants people to list their stuff so it's easier FOR HIM. Unbelievable.

Dinny is one of the biggest c u n t s here. Always preaching and complaining. Shut the f u c k up. If you don’t like it go back to Marlin owners and graybeard. Open your own forum and set your own rules. #painkillers

R
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
R
I make multiple posts when the items are dissimilar.

That way, the thread title can be simple.

I try to bump them up at about the same time.

NRA Endowment Member
A
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
A
If I was to post a bunch of stuff it would probably be easier to keep track by breaking it into a couple different posts.

Casey

Not being married to any particular political party sure makes it a lot easier to look at the world more objectively...
Having said that, MAGA.
K
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
K
I like the old saying, 'if it aint broke, dont fix it ' .

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

70 members (257 mag, 35, badwolf, BDR1, beefan, 9 invisible), 1,447 guests, and 923 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,191,623
Posts18,474,057
Members73,941
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.