Print Thread
Hop To
W
wy0ming Offline OP
Campfire Member
OP Offline
Campfire Member
W
Burris offers custom turrets for their Fullfield E1 and Droptine scopes. I wouldn't be interested in a cds style setup, but I would be interested in putting a plain MOA turret on one. Have any of you guys done much dialing with these scopes? The Fullfields are often recommended as great "set it and forget it" scopes, but you don't hear a ton about how they track.

GB1

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Might be because most buy them as “set and forget it” scopes. If I wanted to dial, I would save the price of the Burris turrets (and scope) and put it towards something that’s designed and constructed for that use. Some report they can take the extra twisting pretty well however.

I have a couple, an FFII and an E1, and they work well, and cost about $100 -$125. I’ve had a few others and all adjusted correctly and held zero.

What fresh Hell is this?
A
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
A
The little dialing I have done with the several I have(FFII ballistic plex and E1) the adjustments on all of them feel mushy, not a positive click. They are close to MOA adjustment, but one will adjust more than MOA and another less than MOA. I have one of the early FFII ballistic plex, and it is the best of the lot. For that reason, I feel the custom turrets would be a waste of time and money. Why dial, just use the hash marks.

Set and forget, they have held up well.

Of the low end scopes I have, the Bushnell Nitro's work ok for dialing, but not near as well as the Burris Veracity FFP scopes I have. Both the Nitro and Veracity are bigger, heavier scopes than the FFII/E1.

If I were looking for an inexpensive dialing scope and not concerned about weight, I would look for a used Bushnell Nitro. That said, I replaced three Nitros with FFII or E1 scopes. Still have a Nitro on the K31, but it may get replaced in the future if I find a deal on a Veracity.

YMMV JME

There is a war on America and America is losing
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
As much as I love the Fullfields and Droptines I have to agree with both of the above posts. The Burris are a bit mushy. If dialing a lot I would prefer something more tactile like the Weavers, Sightrons, or Meopta's I have used. I haven't tried the Nitro but I liked the 'clicks' on the Bushnell 4200 very much.

One option might be the Sightron S1 if wanting to stay inexpensive. Cameraland has a one inch 3-9x40 with mil dots for $250.

Sightrons track extremely well.

Last edited by kenjs1; 03/18/24.

When a country is well governed, poverty and a mean condition are something to be ashamed of. When a country is ill governed, riches and honors are something to be ashamed of
. Confucius
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by Pappy348
Might be because most buy them as “set and forget it” scopes. If I wanted to dial, I would save the price of the Burris turrets (and scope) and put it towards something that’s designed and constructed for that use. Some report they can take the extra twisting pretty well however.

I have a couple, an FFII and an E1, and they work well, and cost about $100 -$125. I’ve had a few others and all adjusted correctly and held zero.

This

https://thehandloadinglog.wordpress.com
μολὼν λαβέ

"Weatherby was too long so I nicknamed it "Bee""
IC B2

D
Campfire Member
Campfire Member
D
For the money you are looking to spend, I'd take a hard look at the Sightron S-Tac.

History repeats itself because it worked. If it didn’t work in the first place, it wouldn’t be history but another lost story of insignificance.

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

184 members (338reddog, 300_savage, 308xray, 16penny, 280shooter, 29 invisible), 2,178 guests, and 1,110 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,192,367
Posts18,488,261
Members73,970
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.