Page 36 of 64 1 2 34 35 36 37 38 63 64
A
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
A
Originally Posted by RHClark
Originally Posted by Snowwolfe
Originally Posted by CCCC
Like moths to a flame, like flies to sticky strips, like hungry rodents - - - - the atheists, God deniers, Christian-baiters, devil reps and angry others seem to scramble onto threads like this. And, for what reason?

Because the title of the thread was “Do you believe in god”. I am not anything that you mentioned by your name calling. I wished I had the faith some of you do but I don’t. At least I am honest with myself. Your a good reason why people do not respect “Christians”.

Keep being honest with yourself and keep seeking the truth. God wants people to seek the truth. I believe that if you seek to honestly and truthfully know God, you will.

A young earth creationist discussing "seeking truth". Kind of ironic.

You didn't use logic or reason to get into this opinion, I cannot use logic or reason to get you out of it.

You cannot over estimate the unimportance of nearly everything. John Maxwell
GB1

R
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
R
Originally Posted by antelope_sniper
Like moths to a flame, like flies to sticky strips, like hungry rodents - - - - the atheists, God deniers, Christian-baiters, devil reps and angry others seem to scramble onto threads like this. And, for what reason?

Because the title of the thread was “Do you believe in god”. I am not anything that you mentioned by your name calling. I wished I had the faith some of you do but I don’t. At least I am honest with myself. Your a good reason why people do not respect “Christians”.

Keep being honest with yourself and keep seeking the truth. God wants people to seek the truth. I believe that if you seek to honestly and truthfully know God, you will.

If you are referring to me, you are making false assumptions.

Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
Originally Posted by Riflehunter
Originally Posted by johnn
You boys really need to give a break and go yank your puds.
[Linked Image from i.postimg.cc]
Does she really exist though, in real life?

Absolutely, ye of little faith.

For those without thumbs, it's s Garden fookin Island, not Hawaii
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
Originally Posted by Dons99
This is all you need to know about faith and proof of the existence of God.

Romans 1
16 "For I am not ashamed of the gospel, for it is the power of God for salvation to everyone who believes, to the Jew first and also to the Greek. 17 For in it the righteousness of God is revealed from faith for faith, just as it is written, “The righteous shall live by faith.”

18 "For the wrath of God is revealed from heaven against all ungodliness and unrighteousness of men, who by their unrighteousness suppress the truth. 19 For what can be known about God is plain to them, because God has shown it to them. 20 For his invisible attributes, namely, his eternal power and divine nature, have been clearly perceived, ever since the creation of the world in the things that have been made. So they are without excuse. 21 For although they knew God, they did not honor him as God or give thanks to him, but they became futile in their thinking, and their foolish hearts were darkened."

So the faith we must have is not faith that God exists, He said thats a given by proof of creation and if you still don't believe then you are willfully ignorant and suppressing the truth. So the faith we must have is to believe and accept the birth, life, death, burial, and resurrection of His son Jesus the Christ.

Don,

Read that passage very carefully, then contemplate what you choice of those verses says about YOU.
Not sure what you mean but the thread subject at that time was do you have faith to believe in God's existence and my point was God says no faith needed if you're honest with yourself.

"Drop that or by the splendor of God I will blow your heart out." Kit Carson

"Make sure you are doing what God wants you to do then do it with all your strength." George Washington
A
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
A

Romans 1
16 "For I am not ashamed of the gospel, for it is the power of God for salvation to everyone who believes, to the Jew first and also to the Greek. 17 For in it the righteousness of God is revealed from faith for faith, just as it is written, “The righteous shall live by faith.”

18 "For the wrath of God is revealed from heaven against all ungodliness and unrighteousness of men, who by their unrighteousness suppress the truth. 19 For what can be known about God is plain to them, because God has shown it to them. 20 For his invisible attributes, namely, his eternal power and divine nature, have been clearly perceived, ever since the creation of the world in the things that have been made. So they are without excuse. 21 For although they knew God, they did not honor him as God or give thanks to him, but they became futile in their thinking, and their foolish hearts were darkened."

So the faith we must have is not faith that God exists, He said thats a given by proof of creation and if you still don't believe then you are willfully ignorant and suppressing the truth. So the faith we must have is to believe and accept the birth, life, death, burial, and resurrection of His son Jesus the Christ.

Don,

Read that passage very carefully, then contemplate what you choice of those verses says about YOU.
Not sure what you mean but the thread subject at that time was do you have faith to believe in God's existence and my point was God says no faith needed if you're honest with yourself.

Read it again, but this time substitute God with Allah, or Vishnu, then maybe you can understand how it sounds to non-Christians.

You didn't use logic or reason to get into this opinion, I cannot use logic or reason to get you out of it.

IC B2

A
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
A

That's not consistent with what I recall, but if I microprinted your position I apologize. So do you accept that a Universe age of around 13 billion years, and earth around 4 billion is the current best supported hypothesis?

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger

You complain like a woman.
As with other matters, you reveal your very strange concept of "woman" - maybe you have never experienced a real one. And, you dodge answering the question - like a coward.

NRA Member - Life, Benefactor, Patron
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger

I have zero interest in gaining any respect through these posts. My interest is in directness, truth and sincerity. All else seems drivel

If you are not any of those types noted and are as sincere as it seems, the characterizations and the question about reason were not at all directed at you. My post did not refer to non-Christians, and if you are here seeking truth and exploring the basis for faith, there is not a better reason - and I wish you the best with all success.

NRA Member - Life, Benefactor, Patron
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular

Romans 1

Don,

Read it again, but this time substitute God with Allah, or Vishnu, then maybe you can understand how it sounds to non-Christians.
OK, I'm sorry that's offensive to you but I am reading from the Judeo Christian Bible not the Quran or something else.

My point of this verse-
"For what can be known about God is plain to them, because God has shown it to them. 20 For his invisible attributes, namely, his eternal power and divine nature, have been clearly perceived, ever since the creation of the world in the things that have been made. So they are without excuse."

-is that God is saying it's obvious to ALL people that there is a creator God and weather you choose that to be the God of the bible is your choice.

I was once an unbeliever and through a series of events over a period of years in my life I saw God's love for me and that He had a plan for my life. Gave everything to Him after that and have never regretted a minute of it. While still an unbeliever a Christian coworker told me if you ever remember anything I say then remember this, "God is good and God loves you". Even though I wasn't a believer I hung onto that and challenged God one night with it and that was the night I was saved. God brought me to the place where I was seeking him with ALL my heart. And if there is nothing else you or anybody else remembers about this thread then please remember that God is good and God loves you!

Last edited by Dons99; 03/18/24.

"Make sure you are doing what God wants you to do then do it with all your strength." George Washington
J
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
J
Dons99, I admire your tenacity, but arguing with these fools is an exercise in futility. Let the swine wallow with swine.

It is irrelevant what you think. What matters is the TRUTH.
IC B3

Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
Originally Posted by JGRaider
Dons99, I admire your tenacity, but arguing with these fools is an exercise in futility. Let the swine wallow with swine.
I know but that guy that witnessed to me about God's love never gave up even after I did everything I could to embarrass him and stump him.

W
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
W
"On a hill far away stood an old, rugged Cross."

These premises insured by a Sheltie in Training ,--- and Cooey.o
"May the Good Lord take a likin' to you"
R
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
R
Originally Posted by Riflehunter
You boys really need to give a break and go yank your puds.
[Linked Image from i.postimg.cc]
Does she really exist though, in real life?

Absolutely, ye of little faith.
I do want so much to believe she exists, my heart says yes, my brain says no.

A
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
A

As with other matters, you reveal your very strange concept of "woman" - maybe you have never experienced a real one. And, you dodge answering the question - like a coward.

When a woman wears a short skirt and shows her cleavage she doesn't get to choose who looks at her, but that won't prevent her from complaining about getting looks she doesn't like.

Like wise when you join a thread titled "Do you believe in God", you don't get to chose who responds and how, but that doesn't stop you from complaining... just like a woman.

R
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
R

That's not consistent with what I recall, but if I microprinted your position I apologize. So do you accept that a Universe age of around 13 billion years, and earth around 4 billion is the current best supported hypothesis?

I haven't looked into it enough to know if I accept the current top hypothesis. I would have to look at everything as objectively as possible, which to me means seeking truth. I don't completely discount that the account recorded historically in Genesis could be speaking of a 6000 year period of time from Adam to current following genealogies. I think genealogies is where the 6000 years comes in.

There is also theory among Christians who also consider themselves scientists that any amount of time may have occurred between Genesis verse 1 and verse 2. The Hebrew translated as "and the world was without form and void" actually suggests a different translation than basically God made the world from that which was without form and void. The Hebrew suggests that God made the world, and then that world was made a total mess,or, a complete disaster. Christian scientists equate it to the fall of Satan destroying the first earth that is accounted in verse 2 of Genesis 1.

Last edited by RHClark; 03/18/24.
R
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
R

When a woman wears a short skirt and shows her cleavage she doesn't get to choose who looks at her, but that won't prevent her from complaining about getting looks she doesn't like.

Like wise when you join a thread titled "Do you believe in God", you don't get to chose who responds and how, but that doesn't stop you from complaining... just like a woman.
Of course you are welcome to contribute on this thread, and your arguments are welcome. See-See-See- But-Don't-See has already admitted on another thread (Well I caught the crud thread) that he is not very smart.

Last edited by Riflehunter; 03/18/24.
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter

Here is your reason. Romans 3:10-18. It's human nature to hate on God and unless we are filled with the Holy Spirit, this is our state of affairs.

10 As it is written:
There is no one righteous, not even one;
11 there is no one who understands;
there is no one who seeks God.
12 All have turned away,
they have together become worthless;
there is no one who does good, not even one.
13 Their throats are open graves; their tongues practice deceit.
The poison of vipers is on their lips.
14 Their mouths are full of cursing and bitterness.
15 Their feet are swift to shed blood;
16 ruin and misery mark their ways,
17 and the way of peace they do not know.
18 There is no fear of God before their eyes.

A
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
A

Romans 1

Don,

OK, I'm sorry that's offensive to you but I am reading from the Judeo Christian Bible not the Quran or something else.

My point of this verse-
"For what can be known about God is plain to them, because God has shown it to them. 20 For his invisible attributes, namely, his eternal power and divine nature, have been clearly perceived, ever since the creation of the world in the things that have been made. So they are without excuse."

-is that God is saying it's obvious to ALL people that there is a creator God and weather you choose that to be the God of the bible is your choice.

I was once an unbeliever and through a series of events over a period of years in my life I saw God's love for me and that He had a plan for my life. Gave everything to Him after that and have never regretted a minute of it. While still an unbeliever a Christian coworker told me if you ever remember anything I say then remember this, "God is good and God loves you". Even though I wasn't a believer I hung onto that and challenged God one night with it and that was the night I was saved. God brought me to the place where I was seeking him with ALL my heart. And if there is nothing else you or anybody else remembers about this thread then please remember that God is good and God loves you!

Here, let me help you:

"For the wrath of ALLAH is revealed from heaven against all Christians and unrighteousness of men, who by their unrighteousness suppress the truth. 19 For what can be known about Allah is plain to them, because Allah has shown it to them. 20 For his invisible attributes, namely, his eternal power and divine nature, have been clearly perceived, ever since the creation of the world in the things that have been made. So Christians are without excuse. 21 For although they knew Allah, they did not honor him as Allah or give thanks to him, but they became futile in their thinking, and their foolish hearts were darkened."

Do you see how that comes across?

I don't think you intended it that way, but when you talk of God's wrath and how foolish and ignored people with different view point are, the rest of your message is lost. That's why you'll never see Wobbie, Antlers, and Christians of their ilk quote these verses.

Last edited by antelope_sniper; 03/18/24.

R
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
R
This total belief without question , total submission sure makes one easy to manipulate, by those who are/were in a position to do so (such as the ancient priests etc).

A
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
A

I haven't looked into it enough to know if I accept the current top hypothesis. I would have to look at everything as objectively as possible, which to me means seeking truth. I don't completely discount that the account recorded historically in Genesis could be speaking of a 6000 year period of time from Adam to current following genealogies. I think genealogies is where the 6000 years comes in.

There is also theory among Christians who also consider themselves scientists that any amount of time may have occurred between Genesis verse 1 and verse 2. The Hebrew translated as "and the world was without form and void" actually suggests a different translation than basically God made the world from that which was without form and void. The Hebrew suggests that God made the world, and then that world was made a total mess,or, a complete disaster. C

Christian scientists equate it to the fall of Satan destroying the first earth that is accounted in verse 2 of Genesis 1.

So you don't know, but see no need to throw out either the science or Biblical account based on the other. Ok, that's fair.

Page 36 of 64 1 2 34 35 36 37 38 63 64

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

205 members (264mag, 1beaver_shooter, 10gaugemag, 260Remguy, 2ndwind, 30Gibbs, 29 invisible), 2,134 guests, and 967 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,194,535
Posts18,531,039
Members74,038
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.