Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Page 2 of 3 1 2 3
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Originally Posted by Darryle
OK, all you mensa students, rejects and windowlikkers put those prefrontal cortexs together and create a way to accurately test and verify that scopes behave as designed. T

Editted to remove testing proceedure.

Last edited by Al_Nyhus; 03/18/24.

Forbidden Zoner
GB1

F
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
F
The trophy photos are nice. But because a critter was killed...is that a validity test? Could you take that same rifle and optic and shoot a 20 click box with it? In my poverty, I don't have any high dollar optics...but in the low dollar category, I have many options...but the only ones I would bet money on being able to shoot a box with, are the SWFAs and God help me, some old steel El Paso Weavers. I'm not saying my Meoptas and Zeiss' won't do it, I'm saying I wouldn't be willing to bet much money on it.

Well this is a fine pickle we're in, should'a listened to Joe McCarthy and George Orwell I guess.
T
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
T
Originally Posted by JGRaider
Originally Posted by alpinecrick
I think I’ll just go hunting…….

Yessir. Some people can't wipe their assss without Form's permission............

Why don’t you just stop reading his stuff?

J
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
J
I have. When all these clowns start spewing and regurgitating his nonsense I just have to shake my head.

It is irrelevant what you think. What matters is the TRUTH.
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Originally Posted by flintlocke
The trophy photos are nice. But because a critter was killed...is that a validity test? Could you take that same rifle and optic and shoot a 20 click box with it? In my poverty, I don't have any high dollar optics...but in the low dollar category, I have many options...but the only ones I would bet money on being able to shoot a box with, are the SWFAs and God help me, some old steel El Paso Weavers. I'm not saying my Meoptas and Zeiss' won't do it, I'm saying I wouldn't be willing to bet much money on it.
I don't mean to be flippant but I've never eaten a box. I have a couple of rigs that are for dialing but the majority are just to steer a bullet where I want it to go. Inside of 350 yards or so no dialing needed.

I am continually astounded at how quickly people make up their minds on little evidence or none at all.
Jack O'Connor
IC B2

R
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
R

At the end of the day, I could give a $hit about paper or test. My goal is to kill the critters. I’ve no trouble in that department and my family is eating well. What works for me may not for the next.

R
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
R
[Linked Image from i.postimg.cc]

R
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
R

R
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
R

J
Campfire Ranger
Online Content
Campfire Ranger
J
Originally Posted by Region6

At the end of the day, I could give a $hit about paper or test. My goal is to kill the critters. I’ve no trouble in that department and my family is eating well. What works for me may not for the next.

Ooops, the cold hard truth tom. 👊🏻👍😘

Ping pong balls for the win.
Once you've wrestled everything else in life is easy. Dan Gable
I keep my circle small, I’d rather have 4 quarters than 100 pennies.

Ain’t easy havin pals.
IC B3

Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
I've never been to Dream Land,where apparently all wares are the "same". Forecast looks to stay that course as well. Hint.

Whether it's a blade,tires,fish rods,boats,cameras and most certainly rifle scopes,nothing is further from Fact that all are "equal" or close. For obvious reasons and a multitude of others that routinely escape Droolers,it's never not been prudent to extrapolate objectively. Further,R&D is never not fun. Hint.

The MOST important portion of a rifle scope,is that which you can't see and Testing is beyond prudent. Easy for me to say as I've simply gunned 100's and 100's of 'em. Mechanical integrity fhuqks with pointy heads and routinely hurts Tender Feelers,which never ain't not fhuqking HILARIOUS. Hint.

Just sayin'...............

Brad says: "Can't fault Rick for his pity letting you back on the fire... but pity it was and remains. Nothing more, nothing less. A sad little man in a sad little dream."
V
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
V
RemingtonPeters: YOU.... just CAN'T do that with a Rifle that has a "Leupold scope" on it - just ask small twig!
Just funnin ya. That is an impressive "mess'o Coyotes".
Good for you - keep it up theres more out there.
Hold into the wind
VarmintGuy
P.S.: What caliber is that nifty lookin Rifle?

Campfire Member
Campfire Member
Thanks VG. That’s a 222 Rem Mag.

Here’s a 223AI

[Linked Image from i.imgur.com]

And a 223 Rem

The gold ring is the gold standard.

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by EdM
A sample of one I suppose but I shot several hundred rounds over a number of years with cheaply found 400 gr Barnes Originals through my 416 Rem M70. Somehow it worked in Zimbabwe in 2015 with the 350 gr TSX.

sweet photos!

"The Democrat Party looks like Titanic survivors. Partying and celebrating one moment, and huddled in lifeboats freezing the next". Hatari 2017

"Hokey religions and ancient weapons are no match for a good blaster at your side, kid." Han Solo
E
EdM Offline
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
E

I can post piles of groups and a fair bit of critters that do for me.

JB,

What percent of your and your wifes down game were downed with Leupold optics?

Conduct is the best proof of character.
R
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
R
Originally Posted by Big Stick
I've never been to Dream Land,where apparently all wares are the "same". Forecast looks to stay that course as well. Hint.

Whether it's a blade,tires,fish rods,boats,cameras and most certainly rifle scopes,nothing is further from Fact that all are "equal" or close. For obvious reasons and a multitude of others that routinely escape Droolers,it's never not been prudent to extrapolate objectively. Further,R&D is never not fun. Hint.

The MOST important portion of a rifle scope,is that which you can't see and Testing is beyond prudent. Easy for me to say as I've simply gunned 100's and 100's of 'em. Mechanical integrity fhuqks with pointy heads and routinely hurts Tender Feelers,which never ain't not fhuqking HILARIOUS. Hint.

Just sayin'...............

Yep Stick knows how to test a scope. Toss it down a hill and see if it stays sighted in.

Dog I rescued in January

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by Al_Nyhus
]

😂😂😂

Originally Posted by Bristoe
The people wringing their hands over Trump's rhetoric don't know what time it is in America.
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by rcamuglia
]

😂😂😂

He was testing MOA scopes on an inches/100yds grid.

John Burns

I have all the sources.
They can't stop the signal.

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by JohnBurns
]

😂😂😂

I know.

Funny that he decided to delete it

😂

Originally Posted by Bristoe
The people wringing their hands over Trump's rhetoric don't know what time it is in America.
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by JohnBurns
]
😂😂😂
I know.

Funny that he decided to delete it

😂

I was going to quote the ol duffer but figured why.

Somebody must have explained MOA is not inches at 100yds to him.

Never to old to learn is a good thing.

John Burns

I have all the sources.
They can't stop the signal.

Page 2 of 3 1 2 3

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

262 members (280Ackleyrized, 204guy, 1_deuce, 2ndwind, 260Remguy, 12344mag, 35 invisible), 2,345 guests, and 1,179 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,191,621
Posts18,474,015
Members73,941
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.