Print Thread
Hop To
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3
S
Campfire 'Bwana
OP Offline
Campfire 'Bwana
S
I was supposed to pick a buddy of mine up at the airport on Monday, he was flying back to MN from FL

He was not allowed to board the plane because he lost his ID.

How does one get a duplicate ID or permission to board while stuck in another State?

Give a man a fish and he eats for a day. Give a man a welfare check, a forty ounce malt liquor, a crack pipe, an Obama phone, free health insurance. and some Air Jordan's and he votes Democrat for a lifetime.
GB1

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
I don’t have an answer to your question, but I am impressed that you have a buddy. I’ll bet your conversations are uplifting.

E
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
E
DMV

O
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
O
Tough situation. Whenever I travel (U.S. or International), I always keep my passport, on my person. Always, except to shower. Had a buddy get stuck in Atlanta changing planes one time when he had to gate check his bag to board the second plane. He had just put his passport, tix, and wallet in the bag before it was gate checked. Flight got cancelled. Airline "lost" his gate checked bag. He spent 3 days living in one of the ATL airport hotels on someone else's credit card before the airline "found" his gate checked bag.

L
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
L
I call BS, who would want to leave FL. for MN.?

Push the button

[Linked Image from i.postimg.cc]

Roy

What this world needs is a few more Rednecks.

The Dildō Of Consequence Rarely Arrives Lubed

Waterboarding isn't illegal if you use diesel

IC B2

Campfire Kahuna
Online Content
Campfire Kahuna
Guess he can go around to the Southern Border, and Biden will fly him wherever he wants to go. No ID required.

Molɔ̀ːn Labé Skýla!
S
Campfire 'Bwana
OP Offline
Campfire 'Bwana
S
Originally Posted by LRoyJetson

TSA
Thanks.

Winter is over, time to get back and go to work building houses.

Give a man a fish and he eats for a day. Give a man a welfare check, a forty ounce malt liquor, a crack pipe, an Obama phone, free health insurance. and some Air Jordan's and he votes Democrat for a lifetime.
T
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
T
I had it happen once. Was able to board after relatively long behind doors conversation with TSA. I had two credit cards and an insurance card. I had used Clear to leave my home airport but coming back the airport didn't have Clear.

Now, clear seems to be requiring ID again.

Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
My buddy had his wallet swiped in Hawaii a couple of years ago. He had to go through extra TSA screening, but they allowed him to fly home. The jist of it is that it's TSA's job to prove who you are, not yours. It makes it much easier if you have your ID of course, but they will still allow you to fly after going though extra checks and an interview. I'd show up early to the airport though.

G
Campfire Ranger
Online Content
Campfire Ranger
G
Makes you wonder why you'd bother asking for info on this site when you get trolls responding with their dik headed nonsense.

IC B3

Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
Originally Posted by gunswizard
Makes you wonder why you'd bother asking for info on this site when you get trolls responding with their dik headed nonsense.

Wondering why you responded without any information that can help him in any way.

Me

S
Campfire 'Bwana
OP Offline
Campfire 'Bwana
S
Paul is easy to ignore, he never posts anything helpful or of substance , he is one of The Fire’s first, ignore the message and attack the messenger, clan.

I think he was in the Coast Guard wasn’t he, explains a lot.

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Originally Posted by Teal

Wondering why you responded without any information that can help him in any way.

The true thing to ponder is why you'd look for advice from total strangers when there is a .gov website out there that will spell it out for you straight from the source. #WizardShit

G
Campfire Regular
Online Content
Campfire Regular
G
I travel almost weekly and fortunately I've never been faced with a lost documents issue. When I travel internationally, I have every member of my group (me, wife, kids) make copies of their passport and store it in a separate piece of luggage. Your recourse would be a trip to the local consulate with your passport copy, in that scenario,

As for myself, I have a scanned image of my passport, drivers license, TWIC and concealed carry card on my phone. As others have said, TSA will let you fly, but you still need to have some ways to prove your identity. The chance of losing both my wallet and phone would be slim.

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
https://www.tsa.gov/travel/frequent...ion-can-i-still-proceed-through-security

Excerpt from:
https://www.tsa.gov/travel/security-screening/identification
Forgot Your ID?
In the event you arrive at the airport without valid identification, because it is lost or at home, you may still be allowed to fly. The TSA officer may ask you to complete an identity verification process which includes collecting information such as your name, current address, and other personal information to confirm your identity. If your identity is confirmed, you will be allowed to enter the screening checkpoint. You will be subject to additional screening, to include a patdown and screening of carry-on property.
You will not be allowed to enter the security checkpoint if your identity cannot be confirmed, you choose to not provide proper identification or you decline to cooperate with the identity verification process.
TSA recommends that you arrive at least two hours in advance of your flight time.

You also can Google the issue and get lots of info on this. Things others have mentioned that help include having credit cards, photos of ID on phones, etc.

"Don't believe everything you see on the Internet" - Abraham Lincoln
T
Campfire Tracker
Online Content
Campfire Tracker
T
Originally Posted by Cheyenne
https://www.tsa.gov/travel/frequent...ion-can-i-still-proceed-through-security

Excerpt from:
https://www.tsa.gov/travel/security-screening/identification
Forgot Your ID?
In the event you arrive at the airport without valid identification, because it is lost or at home, you may still be allowed to fly. The TSA officer may ask you to complete an identity verification process which includes collecting information such as your name, current address, and other personal information to confirm your identity. If your identity is confirmed, you will be allowed to enter the screening checkpoint. You will be subject to additional screening, to include a patdown and screening of carry-on property.
You will not be allowed to enter the security checkpoint if your identity cannot be confirmed, you choose to not provide proper identification or you decline to cooperate with the identity verification process.
TSA recommends that you arrive at least two hours in advance of your flight time.

You also can Google the issue and get lots of info on this. Things others have mentioned that help include having credit cards, photos of ID on phones, etc.

This

Easy but takes additional time. I have never had to do it. But I would expect it to take a ton more time.

Montana MOFO
N
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
N
Originally Posted by rockinbbar
Guess he can go around to the Southern Border, and Biden will fly him wherever he wants to go. No ID required.

^^^^^ This. So easy.

Campfire Outfitter
Online Content
Campfire Outfitter
I carry my passport in my backpack. The only time it did come in handy was when I was closing on a house and my drivers license was expired by a few days.

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by steve4102
Originally Posted by LRoyJetson

TSA
Thanks.

Winter is over, time to get back and go to work building houses.

Wonder if your friend collected unemployment while he was snow birding in Florida.

GOA
R
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
R
Not that it helps this, but we got passport and passport card both. Keep the card with me in my Coast Guard license. DL in billfold. Pictures of both on phone. TWIC card in wallet.

IMHO this post should help folks realize having plans B/C at a minimum is not a bad idea...

We can keep Larry Root and all his idiotic blabber and user names on here, but we can't get Ralph back..... Whiskey Tango Foxtrot, over....
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

613 members (160user, 1lessdog, 1beaver_shooter, 007FJ, 10gaugemag, 1936M71, 64 invisible), 2,357 guests, and 1,237 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,191,825
Posts18,477,900
Members73,944
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.