Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
A
Originally Posted by packrat77
Originally Posted by kolofardos
Originally Posted by EdM
What is the story behind no windows?

Huh?

They say it's cheaper to build the building without windows, or so I'm told.
That’s true. A lot less labor. Plus the price of the window. Drywall guys like no openings. I did piecework siding when I was about 25. We made the money on big blank walls. We had to trim out around the windows which took time .

J
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
J
Originally Posted by Hastings
Originally Posted by johnn
Originally Posted by Jim1611
I worked with one for several years. One day after the 4rth of July celebration in our small town he had gotten a ride to town with me and saw his son helping clean up the city park. He chewed that boys butt something awful for taking part in cleaning up after the celebration. He told me they do not honor the flag or country. I have held that against him since.

That and they don't vote, should find another country as far as I'm concerned.
They are like Amish in that they work and don't cause any trouble. It doesn't bother me that people who don't pay attention to politics don't vote. Could not care less if they pledge or salute. Some people aren't into chanting and group think.

Enjoy the fruits of freedom, but dont participate.

You think most voters are into chanting?

For those without thumbs, it's s Garden fookin Island, not Hawaii
S
Campfire Member
Campfire Member
S
I worked with one for several years. One day after the 4rth of July celebration in our small town he had gotten a ride to town with me and saw his son helping clean up the city park. He chewed that boys butt something awful for taking part in cleaning up after the celebration. He told me they do not honor the flag or country. I have held that against him since.

That and they don't vote, should find another country as far as I'm concerned.
They are like Amish in that they work and don't cause any trouble. It doesn't bother me that people who don't pay attention to politics don't vote. Could not care less if they pledge or salute. Some people aren't into chanting and group think.

Enjoy the fruits of freedom, but dont participate.

laugh
laugh

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Originally Posted by EdM
What is the story behind no windows?

One time someone asked me this question and as a joke I said, "So no one sees them sacrificing chickens." He went around telling people that JW sacrifices chickens.

I have no knowledge of JW sacrificing chickens.

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Years ago I was spending time in Mexico and JW came around. I said no hablo Espano. They would give me literature and magazines to read. I guess they thought that I could read Spanish.

IC B2

Campfire Ranger
Online Content
Campfire Ranger
My Granny would sic her dog on them. She said that ole Ben chased one woman into her car while biting her on the azz. It's a wonder they didn't sue her over that. Unless maybe they don't believe in lawsuits.

C
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
C
Originally Posted by riflegunbuilder
comerade is exactly right. If you read their history it is laughable.
Not laughable in my view but sad and controlling.
My wife was a former cradle Jehova's Witness.
I have had a chance to read their bible, which is chocked full of changes and omissions.
The belief system began by one man, and it wasn't Jesus and in the 1800's a less than stellar individual.
A bit of a huckster.
Her Mother is still and Elder in the local branch, and causes copious problems for her Christian children and grandchildren.
Although she is not supposed to have any contact with any of us.
We are Catholic, and as an example would remove our religous items from the house like crucifixes, rosary's, bibles, refuse to say grace, stand with honor for our National Anthom etc.
They willing accept all the healthcare, Canadian pensions, senior care etc. from living in Canada but not to utter a thankyou. Is this just be our perseption
Jesus teaches us to forgive these people and we should, not to judge and we can...but man it takes massive effort because I have seen the pain caused by this cult, primarily the children and it is there for the childs lifetime.

Last edited by comerade; 03/20/24.
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
A coworker got home after plowing roads all night, barely got to sleep when the doorbell rang, his high school JW buddy was standing at the door with his Bible.

Some of the women "missionaries" are kinda hot.

They get together to build churches, start with a foundation and will have a service within a week.

Eagles may soar, but a weasel never got sucked into a jet turbine!
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
Originally Posted by GreggH
Had a conversation with one years ago. He informed me that Easter was a from a pagan religion. I said “ Oh! You’re one of the Jehovah False Witnesses aren’t you? “ Kinda sent him into a new orbit. Last one I have seen.

GreggH
Both Christmas and Easter were adopted from pagan holidays by the Christian church. No harm in that I suppose. Most likely made it easier to convert pagans as they didn't have to go underground with their celebrations.

After a generation or two the former pagans forgot all about their ancestors religion and the connection to the solstice and fertility festivals.

At Christmas time I wish my atheist family and friends a "merry solstice".
God created the seasons and he created fertility. Why should they not be celebrated? it's just that the pagans do their celebrating in ways that are unacceptable to the Lord. They're worshiping the sun and earth and their movements instead of the God who created them.

“In a time of deceit telling the truth is a revolutionary act.”
― George Orwell

It's not over when you lose. It's over when you quit.
J
Campfire Tracker
Online Content
Campfire Tracker
J
I rank them right up there with people who have tried to con me into selling Amway.

"No good deed shall go unpunished!"
IC B3

S
Campfire Member
Campfire Member
S
Originally Posted by Rock Chuck
Originally Posted by GreggH
Had a conversation with one years ago. He informed me that Easter was a from a pagan religion. I said “ Oh! You’re one of the Jehovah False Witnesses aren’t you? “ Kinda sent him into a new orbit. Last one I have seen.

GreggH
Both Christmas and Easter were adopted from pagan holidays by the Christian church. No harm in that I suppose. Most likely made it easier to convert pagans as they didn't have to go underground with their celebrations.

After a generation or two the former pagans forgot all about their ancestors religion and the connection to the solstice and fertility festivals.

At Christmas time I wish my atheist family and friends a "merry solstice".
God created the seasons and he created fertility. Why should they not be celebrated? it's just that the pagans do their celebrating in ways that are unacceptable to the Lord. They're worshiping the sun and earth and their movements instead of the God who created them.
what is shocking to me is that they don’t celebrate their own birthdays, they don’t celebrate New Years.
And they don’t believe there’s a supernatural world around us. They also don’t believe miracles can happen(only Jesus and his descriptor can do that). They also don’t do blood transfusion, They rather die.

Campfire Ranger
Online Content
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by JeffyD
I rank them right up there with people who have tried to con me into selling Amway.

Years ago, some neighbors started selling Amway, and trying to con people into buying into their program. We got invited to some kind of function that they were having to promote Amway, and when we didn't go, they more or less quit speaking to us. I guess I didn't help the situation much when I told them just exactly what I thought of the Amway rip off.

L
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
L
Had a buddy that had two sisters all JW's so to say. One day I was waiting on him to get home and one came and got me to go downstairs and fix something. Got down there the other sister was necked. The other one pushed me over to her and said let's all do it. Me being a 15yr old boy said no way your dad and brother will kill me. But before I could get that out they had me striped. These girls had done this before. We had a lot of fun for a few years until they moved.

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by LazyL0228
Had a buddy that had two sisters all JW's so to say. One day I was waiting on him to get home and one came and got me to go downstairs and fix something. Got down there the other sister was necked. The other one pushed me over to her and said let's all do it. Me being a 15yr old boy said no way your dad and brother will kill me. But before I could get that out they had me striped. These girls had done this before. We had a lot of fun for a few years until they moved.
This sounds like one of those Penthouse stories.

Patriotism (and religion) is the last refuge of a scoundrel.

Jesus: "Take heed that no man deceive you."
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
Originally Posted by LazyL0228
This sounds like one of those Penthouse stories.

Gave them the full Canadian experience.

Me

K
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
K

That is true. I will say the ones I know are extremely nice people. My mother secretary was one. One day I got on a knock on the door and it was her. She didn't know where I lived it was just by chance, well...I couldn't turn her and her husband away. They stayed for about an hour and it was definitely an experience to actually hear it from them instead of what you read or hear 2nd hand. Yep, God is the only thing to be honored in their world. No flag, country, etc.

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Enjoy the fruits of freedom, but don't participate.

I know for a fact that Roman Catholics chant. Methodists also. Baptists not so much. Many schools and churches have their assemblies saluting the flag and chanting the pledge of allegiance which Amish and JWs are opposed to. When I am at church or any other place where there is saluting, pledging, chanting, or responsive readings (Methodist) I just keep my hands down and respectfully listen but otherwise don't participate.

I enjoy the fruits of freedom and have done serious work in this country since I was about 15 yo. But my love for this country is not unconditional.

Patriotism (and religion) is the last refuge of a scoundrel.

Jesus: "Take heed that no man deceive you."
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
I know for a fact that Roman Catholics chant.

Only Greg does.

Me

Campfire Kahuna
Online Content
Campfire Kahuna
My daughter was having trouble with a couple JV's that kept stopping by after being td nicely to stop.

Door bell rins and she looks out of the kitchen and see the same two that had come the week before. So she straps down to her underwear and bra and answers the door, she said the look on the JV's face was priceless, all they could do was look at their shoes and shuffle around while they talked. It was so comical that she could hardly hold back her laughter.

They haven't come back since!

Paul

"I'd rather see a sermon than hear a sermon".... D.A.D.

Trump Won!, Sandmann Won!, Rittenhouse Won!, Suck it Liberal Fuuktards.

molɔ̀ːn labé skýla

G
Campfire Ranger
Online Content
Campfire Ranger
G
Growing up in the '50-'60 those that called at our door were predominately caucasion, fast forward to the last several years they're all black. No longer going door to door, dressed in their Sunday finest they stand on street corners offering their religous tracts to passing motorists.

Page 4 of 5 1 2 3 4 5

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

243 members (01Foreman400, 12344mag, 160user, 280rem_cm, 35, 2UP, 22 invisible), 1,690 guests, and 1,036 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,192,244
Posts18,485,973
Members73,967
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.