Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
B
Originally Posted by steve4102
Originally Posted by Hastings
Originally Posted by kwg020
Originally Posted by ol_mike
The leftist damn sure have some balls.
When you own the court rooms and the judges you can do what you want. In this case the nazi bitch owns them all.

kwg
The big question is who is running the the country. It ain't Biden, Obama, Schumer, Letitia James, Pelosi, et al. They are the faces and the front.

Trump has them terrified for some reason and it is probably worse than any of us imagine.

They ain’t terrified of schit.

If they were terrified, they would just kill his ass and be done with him. The problem with a simple JFK treatment is they will not be able to publicly take credit for his demise.

Naw, they are toying with him and with us. They will publicly humiliate him, bankrupt him and quite possibly imprison him, killing two birds with one stone.

Removing Trump and his supporters from the DC beltway AND to send a message to anyone else that dares to enter their private club uninvited.

This is more a game of optics and threats than it is about simply removing a thorn in the side.

you are right...this whole they are scared of trump is so simple minded thinking. scared ...not hardly they keep putting a boot in his ass every time he turns around....bob

G
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
G
If I found myself living in New York and had some wealth, I’d be getting the hell outta there immediately if not sooner!

Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
Originally Posted by WarAdmiral
She will serve what is known as a restraining notice on his banks and they will freeze his accounts for an amount twice the amount of the judgment. This would cause his lenders to call in his loans.

Unless he posts a bond before Monday, there is no doubt that the judgment debtors will file bankruptcy. Other than posing a bond, it's the only way to stop enforcement.

This could be a solid strategy.
However, years ago, I had a very wealthy man tell, "if you owe the bank 20 thousand and you can't pay them, they have you by the balls. If you owe them 20 million and you can't pay them, you have them by the balls". So it depend on who "owes" who.

J
Campfire Outfitter
Online Content
Campfire Outfitter
J
Originally Posted by Bwana_1
Originally Posted by JoeBob
Wow, I’ve also learned in this thread that the 8th Amendment does not apply to states.

I never said that, but for a stay he'd have to put up the bond while a higher court takes on the appeal.....and he can't appeal without the bond.

He can appeal without a bond, he just doesn’t get a stay. So if Leticia starts levying on all that property and it eventually gets set aside or drastically lowered, which it will, she has opened up a whole can of worms.

Either way he has to pay or secure a bond, I just saw on TV he could put his properties up with the Supreme Court as collateral.....then duke it out.

I'm not an attorney, just trying to understand what the details are and options available.

No, he doesn’t have to pay a bond to appeal. He can appeal without a bond. The bond is to stop the state from levying against his property during the appeal.

Well, Monday will tell the true story of what will happen....I'm not going to argue about it. Maybe you should call Trump and give him some advice, he seems to be worried about nothing according to you.

Good luck, and say hello for me.

There is no argument. You’re not an attorney and don’t know. I’m telling you he doesn’t have to post a bond to appeal. Period, end of story. He does have to post a bond if he wants to guarantee the state won’t levy on his assets during the appeal. Period, end of story. No argument.

J
Campfire Outfitter
Online Content
Campfire Outfitter
J
By the way, here is an article on why this is eventually thrown out. It was a civil case too.

https://www.newsmax.com/newsfront/r...-eighth-amendment/2024/03/19/id/1157888/

IC B2

S
Campfire 'Bwana
OP Offline
Campfire 'Bwana
S
By the way, here is an article on why this is eventually thrown out. It was a civil case too.

Thanks for the link, but SC rulings have no standing when it comes to Trump, or the Second in NY.

Give a man a fish and he eats for a day. Give a man a welfare check, a forty ounce malt liquor, a crack pipe, an Obama phone, free health insurance. and some Air Jordan's and he votes Democrat for a lifetime.
S
Campfire Outfitter
Online Content
Campfire Outfitter
S

SCOTUS needs to step in now. I don’t know the legal logistics of getting expeditious attention from the court but this has turned into the most damning case they might ever review. “Our Republic is in immediate jeopardy “ says Capt Obvious. If this is allowed to stand open rebellion isn’t far away.

“When Tyranny becomes Law, Rebellion becomes Duty”

Colossians 3:17 (New King James Version)
"And whatever you do in word or deed, do all in the name of the Lord Jesus, giving thanks to God the Father through Him."
S
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
S
I am sure she'll try. Wither or not she can get it done is still to be seen.
Trump seems to be a victim of the corrupt judicial system now. You know...........that system that has afflicted so many other people for 65 years? That one!
Now it's national news. It's been that corrupt (and worse at a federal levels) for 2 generations, but for once it's making national news and the masks are coming off.

All just part of the swamp We'll be told the Feds don't influence the states, but only those that have never been involved with state governments (which is most people) well believe that lie. Judicial and Law Enforcement agendas are VERY pervasive and persuasive to state government offices.

A
Campfire Outfitter
Online Content
Campfire Outfitter
A
The Left will Destroy Themselves and their Target at the same Time..

Why because their Psychopaths

Emanuel is Toast and The Yorkies will have No Economy ..

Fair Trade for Psychopaths

Baghdad Bob we’re almost There

N
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
N
Originally Posted by DigitalDan
Seems it's time for Mr. Musk to step forward.

DD, that’s what I was thinking after watching Musk rip Don Lemon.

NRA Life,Endowment,Patron or Benefactor since '72.
IC B3

J
Campfire Outfitter
Online Content
Campfire Outfitter
J
I would submit that even Elon Musk would have a hard time securing half a billion cash. There probably aren’t more than half a dozen people on earth who could get that much money that quick.

Anyone with that much money has the bulk of it tied up in assets. You can’t borrow that much money on assets or even liquidate them that quick. For phuque’s sake, it takes 30 days to close on a half million dollar house.

This ruling really will be their undoing. It’s so transparent and unhinged.

R
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
R
Originally Posted by akrange

This^^^

FJB & FJT
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
Originally Posted by Raeford

This^^^

I'm thinking the extreme left is more focused on destroying the Supreme Court and they are willing to take a few casualties to do it.
The unfortunate thing for us is that roughly 50% of this country believes them.

Campfire Outfitter
Online Happy
Campfire Outfitter

Thanks for the link, but SC rulings have no standing when it comes to Trump, or the Second in NY.

JoeBob is pretending to be an attorney, so I'm sure you're wrong......Monday will be the truth, then see what BobJoe says.

R
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
R
Originally Posted by Simplepeddler
Originally Posted by Raeford

This^^^

I'm thinking the extreme left is more focused on destroying the Supreme Court and they are willing to take a few casualties to do it.
The unfortunate thing for us is that roughly 50% of this country believes them.

Have to love how they all scream: "we've got to save the democracy" to the top of their lungs!

FJB & FJT
J
Campfire Outfitter
Online Content
Campfire Outfitter
J

JoeBob is pretending to be an attorney, so I'm sure you're wrong......Monday will be the truth, then see what BobJoe says.

He can appeal without a bond.

S
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
S
Doubt she would go after the entire amount. If they seized his NYC properties it could affect the overall real estate values in the city. This could drive down tax revenues in a city with already declining property values.

My biggest fear is when I die my wife will sell my guns for what I told her they cost.
Campfire Outfitter
Online Content
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by DigitalDan
Seems it's time for Mr. Musk to step forward.
That would be a huge act of political courage akin to the time when Horace Greely posted bond for Jefferson Davis.

Patriotism (and religion) is the last refuge of a scoundrel.

Jesus: "Take heed that no man deceive you."
Campfire Outfitter
Online Happy
Campfire Outfitter

He can appeal without a bond.

Hmmmmm, I wonder why it's called an "APPEAL BOND" ?

"What comes next?

Mr. Trump has appealed the judgment.

If he cannot produce the bond in time, Mr. Trump faces the possibility of financial disaster and humiliation. New York’s attorney general, Letitia James, who brought the fraud case, would be entitled to collect the $454 million and could seek to seize Mr. Trump’s New York properties or freeze his bank accounts.

Although he does not have to pay Ms. James’s office the $454 million while he appeals, he is on the hook to either cut a check to the New York State Court system for the full amount himself, or, more likely, obtain an appeal bond.

What is an appeal bond?
In this case, it would be a document in which a bond company promises to pay the $454 million judgment, plus interest, if Mr. Trump were to lose his appeal and fails to pay.

To obtain a bond of such size, Mr. Trump would need to pledge a significant amount of collateral to the bond company — about $557 million, his lawyers said — including as much cash as possible, as well as any stocks and bonds he could sell quickly.

He would also owe the bond company a fee that could amount to nearly $20 million."

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger

Thanks for sharing. That was a good read.

Page 3 of 9 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

557 members (10gaugemag, 007FJ, 10Glocks, 1234, 1badf350, 10ring1, 66 invisible), 2,400 guests, and 1,272 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,193,305
Posts18,505,424
Members73,998
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.