Hop To
Page 1 of 6 1 2 3 4 5 6
O
ol_mike Offline OP
Campfire Ranger
OP Offline
Campfire Ranger
O
Going to polish off all the vegetables and give it a go.

Meat/eggs/butter mostly.
ok

PRESIDENT TRUMP 2024/2028 !!!!!!!!!!

Posted by Bristoe
The people wringing their hands over Trump's rhetoric don't know what time it is in America.

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
A little cabbage is good for lower GI health.

GR

R
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
R
Get yourself in the mood and watch “Quest for Fire”

"I was born in the log cabin I helped my grandfather build"
K
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
K
Worms, bugs, snails, dandelions?

R
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
R
Originally Posted by ol_mike

Meat/eggs/butter mostly.
ok

The diarrhea is a pain when starting when your gut biome adjusts

IC B2

Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
Be sure to get your women (as a responsible Caveman you should have a few you know) to go out every morning to gather up some edible roots, corms, tubers, stems, seeds and leaves. Don't forget to have her bust up some rotten logs to find some juicy grubs and such either. And if they're in season, fruits, berries, nuts, and such too. Maybe the odd clutch of gull hatchlings she found, roast them in the coals and eat them bones, guts, and all.

Why stick with what's on your list? Seems rather restrictive.

The desert is a true treasure for him who seeks refuge from men and the evil of men.
In it is contentment
In it is death and all you seek
(Quoted from "The Bleeding of the Stone" Ibrahim Al-Koni)

member of the cabal of dysfunctional squirrels?
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter

Meat/eggs/butter mostly.
ok

I hear Mastodon cutlets seared in butter are delicious. Sabre Tooth Tiger burger is excellent, so I'm told, but has to be ordered by your local butcher as it is usually not available locally. grin

Enjoy.

L.W.

"Always go straight forward, and if you meet the devil, cut him in two and go between the pieces." (William Sturgis, clipper ship captain, 1830s.)
J
Campfire Kahuna
Online Happy
Campfire Kahuna
J
What's the idea behind no veggies?

I am MAGA.
S
Campfire 'Bwana
Online Content
Campfire 'Bwana
S
Originally Posted by Jim_Conrad

Ain't it obvious? It's so easy a caveman can do it.

A wise man is frequently humbled.

W
Campfire Tracker
Online Content
Campfire Tracker
W
Started it last Easter. Lost about 20 lbs in 3 weeks, acid reflux went away, stopped BP meds after a month. Didn't lose any more than that, probably because I didn't quit drinking alcohol, even though I don't drink a lot.

People ask how much meat you should eat at a sitting. Best explanation I've heard is, when you notice the flavor change, you should quit.

I started slipping last August and have gained about 10 lbs back. I get the odd bit of heartburn, usually when I've eaten bread. BP has creeped up a bit, but still below the need for meds.

Gotta get back on the wagon.

IC B3

Campfire Outfitter
Online Content
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by Jim_Conrad

Bacon or cauliflower pick one.

Roy

What this world needs is a few more Rednecks.

The Dildō Of Consequence Rarely Arrives Lubed

Waterboarding isn't illegal if you use diesel

T
Campfire Sage
Campfire Sage
T

Meat/eggs/butter mostly.
ok
Many vegetables are part of the Caveman Diet, i.e., vegetables that don't require cooking. If it requires cooking to eat (e.g., potatoes), then it's not part of the Caveman Diet. If it doesn't require cooking to eat it, e.g., spinach, you can cook it or eat it raw. It matters not. If you cook it, top it with gobs of butter, LOL.

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Butter in coffee, yup it's a thing.

"Maybe we're all happy."

"Go to the sporting goods store. From the files, obtain form 4473. These will contain descriptions of weapons and lists of private ownership."
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
Originally Posted by The_Real_Hawkeye

Meat/eggs/butter mostly.
ok
Many vegetables are part of the Caveman Diet, i.e., vegetables that don't require cooking. If it requires cooking to eat (e.g., potatoes), then it's not part of the Caveman Diet. If it doesn't require cooking to eat it, e.g., spinach, you can cook it or eat it raw. It matters not. If you cook it, top it with gobs of butter, LOL.
Which vegetable "requires" cooking?

I'm trying hard to figure one out that I may have had, that I could not have eaten raw, should the need arise.

And why would a Caveman not toss a tater in the coals if he determined he didn't like them raw? The taters I grow are just fine raw,

The desert is a true treasure for him who seeks refuge from men and the evil of men.
In it is contentment

Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
Originally Posted by FatCity67
Butter in coffee, yup it's a thing.
Weirdo ^^^^

In it is contentment

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Interesting.....

I'm more in the Vegetables-Meat-Eggs-Fruit camp, plus a minor amount of starch like rice, potatoes, or oatmeal when earned or required by strenuous activity. Moderate portions. Low alcohol. Low sweets/sugar. Maybe a meal each week of something not on the diet, like pizza or such. Whey protein powder and low-calorie proteins bars being ok for quick foods.

It seems like anytime I stick to it with anything near 80-90% consistency, body fat falls off and life is really not miserable. Been at it about 8 weeks and down about 12lbs already. No crashes or weird gut stuff. Will likely shed another 10-12lbs over the next few months and then try to hang out there. A key for me is to weigh myself every single morning. If you start slacking on eating reasonably, the scale will start to trend for sure and you'll gradually know it's time to tighten back up. Every time I've drifted off course, I was intentionally dodging the accountability of the scale. Can't do that with my bills, my job, or my bank account, and the scale is (brutally) no different.

Now with even more aplomb
T
Campfire Sage
Campfire Sage
T
Originally Posted by Valsdad
Which vegetable "requires" cooking?

I'm trying hard to figure one out that I may have had, that I could not have eaten raw, should the need arise.

And why would a Caveman not toss a tater in the coals if he determined he didn't like them raw? The taters I grow are just fine raw,
Eating raw potatoes will generally cause gastric upset. Other examples of vegetables (using the scientific term here) that require cooking before they are particularly edible are various varieties of beans.

P
Campfire Outfitter
Online Content
Campfire Outfitter
P
no bread and/or no potatoes including no to all chips , whole milk is ok ,cream ,eggs any meat is ok i like rare red beef meat ,some pork and chicken ,little rice is ok portions have to be smaller on your plate ,no 2nd`s , with a lettuce salad with some vinegar and a light salad dressing or cole shaw with some vinegar added . i have lost 20 lbs. so far , less beer too. i want to lose 20-30 lbs more ? yes its hard but walk some too . no cookies ,cake or ice cream none ! good luck Pete53

LIFE NRA , we vote Red up here, Norseman
T
Campfire Sage
Campfire Sage
T
Originally Posted by pete53
no bread and/or no potatoes including no to all chips , whole milk is ok ,cream ,eggs any meat is ok i like rare red beef meat ,some pork and chicken ,little rice is ok portions have to be smaller on your plate ,no 2nd`s , with a lettuce salad with some vinegar and a light salad dressing or cole shaw with some vinegar added . i have lost 20 lbs. so far , less beer too. i want to lose 20-30 lbs more ? yes its hard but walk some too . no cookies ,cake or ice cream none ! good luck Pete53
How is rice on the Caveman Diet?? Cavemen had no access to cultivated grains.

Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
Nightshades are toxic.

NRA-Benefactor
TSRA-Life

"It's a terrible thing when governments send their young men to kill each other." Charles Byrne,WW2 Vet.
On the day Desert Storm began.
Page 1 of 6 1 2 3 4 5 6

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

606 members (16penny, 007FJ, 1936M71, 160user, 12344mag, 17CalFan, 61 invisible), 2,382 guests, and 1,298 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,192,144
Posts18,484,119
Members73,966
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.