Print Thread
Hop To
Page 2 of 6 1 2 3 4 5 6
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
Originally Posted by The_Real_Hawkeye
Originally Posted by Valsdad
Which vegetable "requires" cooking?

I'm trying hard to figure one out that I may have had, that I could not have eaten raw, should the need arise.

And why would a Caveman not toss a tater in the coals if he determined he didn't like them raw? The taters I grow are just fine raw,
Eating raw potatoes will generally cause gastric upset. Other examples of vegetables (using the scientific term here) that require cooking before they are particularly edible are various varieties of beans.
I'm no fan of beans. And mostly eat only a small tater or two raw, sometimes just brush the dirt off the tiny ones when harvesting and pop them in my mouth. But, they are edible raw.

Part of what I was getting at in my reply is why does a "Caveman" diet only include raw veggies. It's not like cavemen, or early humans, didn't cook things once fire was "discovered" as a usable tool. Roasted roots and tubers, and to some extent other plant material, are parts of the diets of many historically "primitive" societies.

And what's with the butter thing? Did "cavemen" or their women milk and churn wild mammals to get butter?

Words count, and a Caveman diet isn't, in my mind, if it includes things cavemen didn't have access to or leaves out things (including cooked veggies) they did.

Then again, WTF do I know.

The desert is a true treasure for him who seeks refuge from men and the evil of men.
In it is contentment
In it is death and all you seek
(Quoted from "The Bleeding of the Stone" Ibrahim Al-Koni)

member of the cabal of dysfunctional squirrels?

Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
Originally Posted by BOBBALEE
Nightshades are toxic.
Do you eat tomatoes?

Raw?

Peppers?

Raw??

The desert is a true treasure for him who seeks refuge from men and the evil of men.
In it is contentment
In it is death and all you seek
(Quoted from "The Bleeding of the Stone" Ibrahim Al-Koni)

member of the cabal of dysfunctional squirrels?
E
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
E
Good luck. I've lost 55 lbs in about 18 months. Quit mostly all bread and pasta, consuming lots of meat. But what's really helped me is a large salad before every meal, which will satiate me and reduce the servings of the following entrée. Also, I ruck four miles with 35 lbs in a Goruck pack 4-6 times a week, first thing in the morning prior to eating.

"Anti-intellectualism has been a constant thread winding its way through our political and cultural life, nurtured by the false notion that democracy means that 'my ignorance is just as good as your knowledge.'" -Isaac Asimov

A
Campfire Ranger
Online Content
Campfire Ranger
A
Originally Posted by Garandimal
A little cabbage is good for lower IG health.

GR
[Linked Image from i.postimg.cc]

Campfire Regular
Online Content
Campfire Regular
Butter in black coffee isn’t bad. I think humans were basically designed for this type of diet. Once you get used to it it’s not too tough.

Ron

People sleep peaceably in their beds at night only because rough men stand ready to do violence on their behalf.
Orwell
IC B2

J
Campfire Kahuna
Online Happy
Campfire Kahuna
J
Originally Posted by Eric308
Good luck. I've lost 55 lbs in about 18 months. Quit mostly all bread and pasta, consuming lots of meat. But what's really helped me is a large salad before every meal, which will satiate me and reduce the servings of the following entrée. Also, I ruck four miles with 35 lbs in a Goruck pack 4-6 times a week, first thing in the morning prior to eating.

Plus all that cock you eat.

Bigot.

I am MAGA.
A
Campfire Ranger
Online Content
Campfire Ranger
A
Originally Posted by Jim_Conrad

Bigot.

E
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
E

Bigot.
Come on out of that closet dude.

"Anti-intellectualism has been a constant thread winding its way through our political and cultural life, nurtured by the false notion that democracy means that 'my ignorance is just as good as your knowledge.'" -Isaac Asimov

Campfire Regular
Online Content
Campfire Regular

I went from 292lbs. to 226lbs. by following the same diet. Instead of rucking with weights I do 30 minutes 3-4 times a week on the elliptical machine on level 15. The resistance makes you work harder and strengthens your legs and core. I’ve had both knees replaced so I try to not overload them.

Ron

People sleep peaceably in their beds at night only because rough men stand ready to do violence on their behalf.
Orwell
J
Campfire Kahuna
Online Happy
Campfire Kahuna
J

Bigot.

Not going anywhere near you closet....bigot.

I am MAGA.
IC B3

E
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
E
Originally Posted by Ohio7x57

I went from 292lbs. to 226lbs. by following the same diet. Instead of rucking with weights I do 30 minutes 3-4 times a week on the elliptical machine on level 15. The resistance makes you work harder and strengthens your legs and core. I’ve had both knees replaced so I try to not overload them.

Ron
Sounds like a good plan. Again, for me at least doing the exercise early in the morning before eating seems to produce results.

S
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
S
Originally Posted by ol_mike
Going to polish off all the vegetables and give it a go.

Meat/eggs/butter mostly.
ok

My Gastro Doctor told me a very simple solution to eating right.

If you can kill it, eat it.

If you can grow it, eat it. As longs as there are little to no Legumes

If it comes in a box, avoid it.

Good Got Damn thing she didn't say if it comes in a 12oz can to avoid it.

Give a man a fish and he eats for a day. Give a man a welfare check, a forty ounce malt liquor, a crack pipe, an Obama phone, free health insurance. and some Air Jordan's and he votes Democrat for a lifetime.
S
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
S
[Linked Image from i.imgur.com]

I got tested, and DNA proves I have some of the highest Neanderthal ever tested for. Everything I eat is on the caveman diet.

[Linked Image from i.imgur.com]

Here's me and the boys taking out a wooly mammoth. I swear, they're hard to kill, gotta get 'em right in the ribs. The good news, one mammoth ham is 1,450 pounds. Of course, some of that is bone.

R
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
R

Bigot.

Not going anywhere near you closet....bigot.

lol and Eric just ran the Wyoming Arms marathon with Johnny Burns

Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
Originally Posted by FatCity67
Butter in coffee, yup it's a thing.

Heard of peanuts in coffee, but never butter !

Paul.

"Kids who grow up hunting, fishing & trapping, do not mug little old Ladies"
F
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
F
Ain't them there legumes beans?...jumped up Jeezus Keerist...I don't think the West would have been won without beans. Imagine all of us jammed packed together like a bunch of Chinamen on the wrong side of the Mississippi....scairt to cross the river.

Well this is a fine pickle we're in, should'a listened to Joe McCarthy and George Orwell I guess.
S
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
S
Originally Posted by flintlocke
Ain't them there legumes beans?...jumped up Jeezus Keerist...I don't think the West would have been won without beans. Imagine all of us jammed packed together like a bunch of Chinamen on the wrong side of the Mississippi....scairt to cross the river.

I had gut issues, took me all the way to the Mayo Clinic, Legumes are hard if not bad for the digestive system. Gave up Legumes and coffee and all is well.

Give a man a fish and he eats for a day. Give a man a welfare check, a forty ounce malt liquor, a crack pipe, an Obama phone, free health insurance. and some Air Jordan's and he votes Democrat for a lifetime.
R
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
R
Don’t think cavemen ate much meat. To hard to get.

T
Campfire Sage
Campfire Sage
T
Originally Posted by Valsdad
And what's with the butter thing? Did "cavemen" or their women milk and churn wild mammals to get butter?
Butter is nothing more than fat from cattle. You can eat fat from cattle by cutting it off the meat and bones, or by consuming butter. Same same as far as your metabolism is concerned.

Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
Hatchet Jack lived in a cave with a mountain lion for two years. She never did get used to him.

NRA-Benefactor
TSRA-Life

"It's a terrible thing when governments send their young men to kill each other." Charles Byrne,WW2 Vet.
On the day Desert Storm began.
Page 2 of 6 1 2 3 4 5 6

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

654 members (06hunter59, 1beaver_shooter, 160user, 222Sako, 204guy, 1badf350, 68 invisible), 2,663 guests, and 1,462 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,192,606
Posts18,492,376
Members73,972
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.