Print Thread
Hop To
G
gunzo Offline OP
Campfire Outfitter
OP Offline
Campfire Outfitter
G
No dog kicking or going to condition one or anything like that, but still a somewhat confusing thing.

Wife talked me into going to the mail box, said she was expecting. I was about 20 feet from the highway when a clean Honda Accord slowed quickly & whipped into my drive. WTF? Then I saw the placard on the door, delivery vehicle, frequent stops. My confusion lifted. A young, attractive Hispanic, maybe Paki looking woman lowered the window on my side. I said, what's up? She held up one finger, like give me a minute. Put the car in park, grabbed her phone & in broken English read my wife's name. I acknowledged. She then presented me with a package & I thanked her. She started pointing in front of her, shaking head OK. I pointed, made a circle with my finger & pointed backward for the; can I proceed down your driveway to turn around question.

OK, enough of the language barrier explanation. But with that, I surmised she couldn't speak a single freakin word of English yet she's delivering packages in jerk water rural KY. What the hell is goin on? Besides the obvious, but is the influx of non citizens happening this freakin quick. And what are shipping companies thinking? the cheapest hires money can buy?

Reality check I guess. If these totally different interactions & changes in local life occur in this slow to change state,,,,,,,,,,,, then it's everywhere.

Campfire Outfitter
Online Confused
Campfire Outfitter
No bomb in the box?

GOA
Campfire 'Bwana
Online Content
Campfire 'Bwana
Originally Posted by gunzo
No dog kicking or going to condition one or anything like that, but still a somewhat confusing thing.

Wife talked me into going to the mail box, said she was expecting. I was about 20 feet from the highway when a clean Honda Accord slowed quickly & whipped into my drive. WTF? Then I saw the placard on the door, delivery vehicle, frequent stops. My confusion lifted. A young, attractive Hispanic, maybe Paki looking woman lowered the window on my side. I said, what's up? She held up one finger, like give me a minute. Put the car in park, grabbed her phone & in broken English read my wife's name. I acknowledged. She then presented me with a package & I thanked her. She started pointing in front of her, shaking head OK. I pointed, made a circle with my finger & pointed backward for the; can I proceed down your driveway to turn around question.

OK, enough of the language barrier explanation. But with that, I surmised she couldn't speak a single freakin word of English yet she's delivering packages in jerk water rural KY. What the hell is goin on? Besides the obvious, but is the influx of non citizens happening this freakin quick. And what are shipping companies thinking? the cheapest hires money can buy?

Reality check I guess. If these totally different interactions & changes in local life occur in this slow to change state,,,,,,,,,,,, then it's everywhere.

Lol. Welcome to my world. That's an everyday occasion here.

For example, Don't expect your uber or lyft driver to speak English. Or your mail person, UPS driver, waitress, WalMart employee, etc.

Slaves get what they need. Free men get what they want.

Rehabilitation is way overrated.

Orwell wasn't wrong.

GOA member
disappointed NRA member

24HCF SEARCH
G
gunzo Offline OP
Campfire Outfitter
OP Offline
Campfire Outfitter
G
I'm never, yet always surprised by culture shock.

LD, rural KY. what's an uber? Waitress? maybe wife's second cousin. Mail carrier? A shooting buds son in law. WM employees? Know most by first name, kin to or maybe dated at one time,,, not the kin ones. And I'm not exaggerating much. UPS driver is from a few counties away but we talk bird hunting & such. Same with family DR. He shows me pics of his new Parker 20 on his phone. A unique little world fixing to get shaken up.

Hell, in the past the worst language barrier was when a Yankee moved here.

Last edited by gunzo; 03/20/24.
Campfire Member
Campfire Member
Told my wife to stop having walmart deliver packages, I'll go pick them up. We had all kinds of different people showing up. Had a delivery show up , dude was ok(Hispanic), but he had three "friends " in the car with him. Sorry ain't having that, I live in the outback, got equipment( with keys in them ) and tools everywhere, I would have to look for a house key.No neighbors in sight, I'll do my part in keeping an honest man(and his buddies) honest.

IC B2

Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
Happens almost daily in my driveway, independent couriers, contracted from Amazon. An hour later we’ll get something from a lettered up blue Amazon too, walmart couriers, etc. our walmart is 21 miles. Aint driving up there daily to be a tiddy baby

Complete set of 4 brakes, 4 rotors, fluid, cleaner, clips $167
Yea!!!! Amazon will be bringing that tomorrow. Hell yes, fk Oreillys and Autozone

Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna

LD, rural KY. what's an uber? Waitress? maybe wife's second cousin. Mail carrier? A shooting buds son in law.

Ain’t buying the trope

You boomers watch 18 hours of TeeVee a day, yall see the commercials, yall know what’s going on.

lol

Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana

It's a volume thing - and volume is down quite a bit compared to 2020 etc but the delivery guys have to compete locally for people so the wages are probably close to what others offer but they do this because it's cheaper, considered 1099 or temporary help which is cheaper than the union labor they've got as the core. (not a union post)

I see ads here from time to time looking for FedEx help like this - all that really is required is a vehicle with no markings and covered bed/storage. Done. It's basically like hiring day labor at Home Depot. Jose ain't standing there with a resume talking about his drywall experience....

Me

E
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
E
The hq deliveries anymore are homos or ursula the man version I’m not surprised

G
gunzo Offline OP
Campfire Outfitter
OP Offline
Campfire Outfitter
G
Originally Posted by slumlord

LD, rural KY. what's an uber? Waitress? maybe wife's second cousin. Mail carrier? A shooting buds son in law.

Ain’t buying the trope

You boomers watch 18 hours of TeeVee a day, yall see the commercials, yall know what’s going on.

lol

Know it's the way elsewhere just hope to avoid it a few more years. But! my tube ain't been on all day. Fixin to though. Max Dillon just came on.

And it's y'all, or all y'all.

IC B3

H
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
H
Like slum said contractors, wages plus mileage. Better than the dole, any day!

S
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
S
Originally Posted by slumlord

Ain’t buying the trope

lol

The Chinee tell you that on tk tok? Did both your brain cells agree on the interp ?

“When Tyranny becomes Law, Rebellion becomes Duty”

Colossians 3:17 (New King James Version)
"And whatever you do in word or deed, do all in the name of the Lord Jesus, giving thanks to God the Father through Him."
Campfire 'Bwana
Online Content
Campfire 'Bwana
USPS and FedEx are here six days a week, UPS five.

The internet killed off the last of the small town merchant.

W
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
W
No dog kicking or going to condition one or anything like that

Not even a mag dump?

G
gunzo Offline OP
Campfire Outfitter
OP Offline
Campfire Outfitter
G
Rethinking sweats & boat shoes for the 80 yard mailbox trip.

Maybe 6 pocket pants, combat boots, battle belt & tactical gloves required from here on out.

Or, keep the sweats & having a lt. wt. AR strapped across my chest might have me maintaining Alpha role.

R
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
R
Lots of Russian truck drivers, the only English they can say is “I have delivery”. I don’t know how they do it.
One refused to back his semi across the street into the lot. The first one in 60 years to refuse to do it.
My wife called the trucking company and they said they would send a different driver the next day or two.

"I was born in the log cabin I helped my grandfather build"
T
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
T
You been asleep? 10 mil illegals under Biden alone.

T
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
T
I live so far out of town, the usps barely knows where I live, the hell if a Uber Driver or anyone else for that matter ever finds their way this far out.

"Know guns, no crime. No guns, know crime."
- Ralph Lauretano
G
gunzo Offline OP
Campfire Outfitter
OP Offline
Campfire Outfitter
G
Originally Posted by TimberRunner
You been asleep? 10 mil illegals under Biden alone.

Rural Ky. asleep dude. Know of the mess. Just naive I guess that we are used to things changing at a bit slower pace here. Sometime that is backward, other times a freakin blessing.

Being backward & slow to catch up has been a blessing in the last few years, we didn't need nor want it. But sadly, the rest of the nation is encroaching on our lives, way too soon.

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

566 members (10gaugemag, 160user, 1234, 10ring1, 1beaver_shooter, 007FJ, 56 invisible), 2,526 guests, and 1,239 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,192,063
Posts18,482,462
Members73,959
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.