Originally Posted by GregW
Originally Posted by gunzo
Originally Posted by EdM
Originally Posted by add
Originally Posted by EdM

Campfire bish, displayed.

Yes, I meant entitlements.

Where did you grow up Ed? When you drink, your posts are dripping with I'm better than everyone, obnoxiously so....

Ed might have a superiority thing & he might drink & post, or might post au naturelle, do you know?. But Jim poked at boomers many many times. Maybe tongue in cheek, or serious. Never the less, he poked, & poked some more. He surely was looking to poke the bear. Surprisingly, the bear awoke. It was ED. Simply giving some of the accusations back, with aplomb I might add.
What's the beef?

No real beef whatsoever on this topic other than the government website he cited is notoriously convoluted and misleading but it's a data point nonetheless. Bit of a stretch to conclude what was insinuated if there was some experience with the site. I don't know Jim but Jim's a good guy from all angles IMO even if he has a Boomer beef. He knows it too I suspect but that's where the alcohol and emotion come into play. Lord knows over the many years I may have made some posts with a few beers in me....grin...

Posting "with a few beers in me"

Touche' Greg. Alcohol,, let the truth come out. My comments ain't commin from chicken soup.

GB1

J
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
J
Originally Posted by gunzo
Originally Posted by EdM
Originally Posted by add
Originally Posted by EdM

Campfire bish, displayed.

Yes, I meant entitlements.

Where did you grow up Ed? When you drink, your posts are dripping with I'm better than everyone, obnoxiously so....

Ed might have a superiority thing & he might drink & post, or might post au naturelle, do you know?. But Jim poked at boomers many many times. Maybe tongue in cheek, or serious. Never the less, he poked, & poked some more. He surely was looking to poke the bear. Surprisingly, the bear awoke. It was ED. Simply giving some of the accusations back, with aplomb I might add.
What's the beef?

Yeah, no.
I said you shouldn't bad mouth the E7 helping to pay for your retirement.

That doesn't sit well with boomers for wtf reason. It apparently causes seemingly grown men to doxx people.

I am MAGA.
G
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
G
Too late to decipher & you've lost me. But thinking generalizations, rather than particular instances. Maybe later. 1 AM here bro.

J
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
J
It would be very interesting to know if the generations preceeding the Boomers ran down the people paying for their retirements the same way the boomers run down the people paying for theirs.

Maybe it's just how things work.

I am MAGA.
Campfire Ranger
Online Content
Campfire Ranger
I seem to remember quite a bit of generational conflict when I was a kid in the sixties.

Carpe' Scrotum
IC B2

S
Campfire 'Bwana
Online Content
Campfire 'Bwana
S
Originally Posted by Jim_Conrad
It would be very interesting to know if the generations preceeding the Boomers ran down the people paying for their retirements......

Hah, trick question.

A wise man is frequently humbled.

B
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
B
Originally Posted by SamOlson
Booms be thankful that there are still a few slaves willing to do what it takes to keep this country rolling along.

Blackshart, you pooped your pants, again....

I just did some quick math.

Our 'household' spending is around $500 per day so far this year. $40k/80 days into '24. That is called working for your welfare and reinvesting all your cheese back into America.

10-4 cuzzin.

you are not doing anything different then what we had/have to do......I have been a slave to the machine, just as have many others.

I just never was aware of the weeping and wailing going on concerning having to work. myself I never begrudged those that were retired while I was still working...they earned it.......bob

J
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
J
Originally Posted by Steve
I seem to remember quite a bit of generational conflict when I was a kid in the sixties.

And there it is. Boomers are getting what they were shoveling out in the 60's.

B
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
B
Originally Posted by CashisKing
Originally Posted by Bob_mt
Originally Posted by Hastings
Blackheart: Blame the system, not the man that takes what is offered.

Actually the government has been subsidizing farmers and railroads since about the civil war. I have a 1/4 undivided interest in my great grandfathers homestead that he settled on in 1887 and obtained the patent to about 5 years later. I have a copy of the homestead patent signed by whoever was acting for President Benjamin Harrison.

If you will look at the farm subsidy data base you will find that the man you are criticizing is actually one of the lesser recipients in the USDA programs. It is a bad system that is badly abused but it is pushed by the ag businesses that sell the inputs.

then apply that thinking across the board .....bob

Please expound on that.

Thanks

cash.....if we are to blame the system and not the man......then that applies to the people that collect welfare ect. they are just working the system.....bob

S
Campfire 'Bwana
Online Content
Campfire 'Bwana
S
Booms be thankful that there are still a few slaves willing to do what it takes to keep this country rolling along.

Hey now, some of us booms are still working, still ante-ing up. And no, we don't all shart our pants either LOL

IC B3

C
Campfire Ranger
Online Content
Campfire Ranger
C

Our 'household' spending is around $500 per day so far this year. $40k/80 days into '24. That is called working for your welfare and reinvesting all your cheese back into America.

10-4 cuzzin.

you are not doing anything different then what we had/have to do......I have been a slave to the machine, just as have many others.

I just never was aware of the weeping and wailing going on concerning having to work. myself I never begrudged those that were retired while I was still working...they earned it.......bob

Excellent...

Begs the question of what % of Americans pay SS et al... and what % receive it eventually. It is FORCED ya know... after all.

My wife lost her dad when she was 4... she got some SS money... and some GI Bill stuff... same same?

I get $$$ from USDA for working their fugged up system LIKE A BOSS.

My guess is that 90%+ of Americans get some kind of payment (or financial benefit) from .GOV... every single year.

Hell... the gas in your car is subsidized with the .GOV ethanol... we all love.

My new Tundra will zero out with a 179 deduction.

The entire system is fugged... Only a true dolt will forego working it.

If you are not actively engaging EVERY enemy you encounter... you are allowing another to fight for you... and that is cowardice... plain and simple.

B
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
B

and I dont.....maybe being oblivious is a good trait. honestly I never heard any of the bitterness like I hear on this forum.

never blamed the generation before us for my problems ....just put my head down and worked, like everybody else I knew....bob

Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
you will never convince some folks that some folks can't be convinced.

S
Campfire 'Bwana
Online Content
Campfire 'Bwana
S
Originally Posted by Simplepeddler

I disagree

C
Campfire Ranger
Online Content
Campfire Ranger
C
Truthfully...

My only want is this thread is to see dem Maui pics that were promised...

If you are not actively engaging EVERY enemy you encounter... you are allowing another to fight for you... and that is cowardice... plain and simple.

J
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
J

Did you listen to the Devils music?

I am MAGA.
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
Originally Posted by smokepole

I disagree

I'm told I'm a boomer, so I disagree with everything, drink too much, fuss at loud music and live off the government dole. Learned all that right here in this here thread.

Last edited by Simplepeddler; 03/21/24.
J
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
J

10-4 cuzzin.

Uhhh.....great.

Did you read his post?

I am MAGA.
J
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
J
Originally Posted by smokepole

I disagree

I'm told I'm a boomer, so I disagree with everything, drink too much, fuss at loud music and live off the government dole. Learned all that right here in this here thread.

Sounds like you are doing it right then.

I am MAGA.
B
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
B
Originally Posted by CashisKing
Truthfully...

My only want is this thread is to see dem Maui pics that were promised...

you are a math guy....you have probably already figured out the probability of this scenario...bob

Page 61 of 72 1 2 59 60 61 62 63 71 72

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

184 members (160user, 35, 12344mag, 44mc, 2UP, 21, 21 invisible), 1,118 guests, and 944 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,194,211
Posts18,524,284
Members74,031
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.