Print Thread
Hop To
Page 1 of 2 1 2
T
Campfire Outfitter
OP Offline
Campfire Outfitter
T
Not here yet but supposedly shooting for a 2025 release.
If they stick with the prototype it’s a good looking machine. I could see it doing well in the market for a retro duals sport bike. Honda has already gone that route with their CT series bikes.
The only thing I might change is to re-lace a 21" rim for the front ent.

I had a 1973 ts185 when growing up, it was the same blue with the rear over the tank stripping as one of the prototype images. I have always liked the Rear fender style on the 73’ ts too. The ts700 mimics that.

GB1

M
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
M
Call it the samurai or ashigaru or kamikaze or something Japanese, don't go ripping off native American names!

O
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
O
When I was in Junior High a High School female teacher rode a TC-185 to school every nice weather day. TC-185 had the dual range transmission.
She was the most beautiful woman ever- people would constantly stare at her.
I was in Morrow Suzuki the small town where I went to school- she pulled up out front and all the guys started > oh wow it's her- it's that hot chick- looking out the window.
She quit teaching because people wouldn't leave her alone.

Nice Boomer bike altho too big and pollutes too much for the Gen.X Millennials.

PRESIDENT TRUMP 2024/2028 !!!!!!!!!!

Posted by Bristoe
The people wringing their hands over Trump's rhetoric don't know what time it is in America.
T
Campfire Outfitter
OP Offline
Campfire Outfitter
T
Originally Posted by ol_mike

I think most of these retro reintroductions are gear towards the nostalgic minded/boomers.
I’m guessing they went with 700cc to one up the popular dual sports like the klr 650.
Without the capacity to load up with hard bags it’s gonna be hard to displace much of the KLR and BMW market imo.

O
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
O
Agree.

PRESIDENT TRUMP 2024/2028 !!!!!!!!!!

Posted by Bristoe
The people wringing their hands over Trump's rhetoric don't know what time it is in America.
IC B2

Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
It's neat and I get the intent but the Ducati Scrambler (modern) been here since 2015, the Yamaha SCR was out in 16/17 etc.

They just seem to be late to the "retro-scrambles style motorcycle" genre.

Me

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Scramblers are an emerging market and seem to be gaining traction. Honda launched one last year or the year before. Ducati and Triumph have been in the game for a while. Yamaha dabbled in the game, but it was off the mark as it wasn't a clean sheet design. It was a reconfiguration. Of all of the modern Scramblers, that Suzuki is most pleasing to my eye. I'd have a hard time not buying it.

Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
Triumph too - been there for a while.

That said - I've yet to see anyone in the wild in my area actually riding a Scrambler style bike on the road. It's all sport or heavy cruiser here.

Me

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by tndrbstr
Originally Posted by ol_mike

I think most of these retro reintroductions are gear towards the nostalgic minded/boomers.
I’m guessing they went with 700cc to one up the popular dual sports like the klr 650.
Without the capacity to load up with hard bags it’s gonna be hard to displace much of the KLR and BMW market imo.

I haven't seen too many scramblers on the road. When I have been able to tell the age of riders, they seem to be the younger generation. Too few observations to make that anything but an anecdote.

It's hard to tell, but it looks like that muffler configuration would allow fitment of side cases. Tail cases are generally easy to fit. IF this has decent range, doesn't have any serious bugs and is priced reasonably. The aftermarket will provide side case and top case racks. Windscreens as well. I'd really like to see cruise control on it. At the manufacturing level it is cheap and easy to add on. It has ABS, off roaders will want the ability to switch it off. It looks like the wheels are tubeless design. I can't be certain, but that would be smart.

T
Campfire Outfitter
OP Offline
Campfire Outfitter
T
The out swept rear fender was only offered in 1973. As was this paint scheme. If I was to consider buying one of these it would depend on that.
Just about any 70s’ enduros are staring to bring a premium price. I’m afraid to think what the msrp would be on this thing.
If this particular bike speaks to any particular market, it’s Me!! LOL

IC B3

S
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
S
Not here yet but supposedly shooting for a 2025 release.
If they stick with the prototype it’s a good looking machine. I could see it doing well in the market for a retro duals sport bike. Honda has already gone that route with their CT series bikes.
The only thing I might change is to re-lace a 21" rim for the front ent.

I had a 1973 ts185 when growing up, it was the same blue with the rear over the tank stripping as one of the prototype images. I have always liked the Rear fender style on the 73’ ts too. The ts700 mimics that.

I have a 72 TS125, you can definitely see the bloodlines. The images in the video looks like it already has a 21" wheel up front. Why wouldn't it? The change out to a 21" wheel would upset the geometry and steering. It's a big jump for Suzuki bit the motocross guys have been waiting and wishing for the RMZ line to get E-start on their bikes. Suzuki was the first to put fuel injection on their motocross bike and the only major player without E-start today. I'm not a street guy but the concept of the bike is really cooler. Definitely hits the boomer in me.

Fight fire, save lives, laugh in the face of danger.

Stupid always finds a way.
S
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
S
The out swept rear fender was only offered in 1973. As was this paint scheme. If I was to consider buying one of these it would depend on that.
Just about any 70s’ enduros are staring to bring a premium price. I’m afraid to think what the msrp would be on this thing.
The swept out rear fender started in 71.

Fight fire, save lives, laugh in the face of danger.

Stupid always finds a way.
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Back in the day, I bought a brand new Yamaha 175 Enduro. It was in the early 70's. I can still feel the scar on my chin when I wrecked doing a jump! Very cool bike.

Faith and love of others knows no mileage nor bounds. That's simply the way it is.
dogzapper

After the game is over, the king and the pawn go into the same box.
Italian Proverb

I
Campfire Ranger
Online Happy
Campfire Ranger
I
Back in the late 70s-early 80s we spent a lot of time with Honda XLs. About 2000, my buddy got back in the game with a Honda XR 650 R, but it was not roady enough. He replaced it with a BMW R1100GS

A couple other guys at work also had the GS and tried to ride with him. Everything was copacetic as long as they were on the pavement, or even gravel. But my buddy said a dual sport was meant to be ridden in the dirt. When he took off through the pucker brush and cheat grass dodging sage brush and badger mounds, he separated the men from the boys.

We see a few Kawasaki KLRs around here. But we see many more BMW GS, usually cruising down I 84 at 80 mph, equipped with a trunk and full set of aluminum side boxes.

People who choose to brew up their own storms bitch loudest about the rain.
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger

It sure as hell speaks to me too.

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Dual-Sports rock.

[Linked Image from s17.postimg.cc]

GR

T
Campfire Outfitter
OP Offline
Campfire Outfitter
T
Originally Posted by smarquez
The swept out rear fender started in 71.

You had better check again.

http://suzukicycles.org/TS-TC-series/TS185.shtml#gsc.tab=0

R
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
R
'LIKE'

FJB & FJT
B
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
B
It would be a nice update to my present putz around bike

[Linked Image from live.staticflickr.com]

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by Garandimal
Dual-Sports rock.

[Linked Image from s17.postimg.cc]

GR

Yes they do!

[Linked Image from i.postimg.cc]

Page 1 of 2 1 2

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

87 members (44automag, 01Foreman400, 338Rules, 406_SBC, 1minute, 14 invisible), 1,492 guests, and 814 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,191,493
Posts18,472,095
Members73,936
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.