Campfire Outfitter
Gungizzard buys his 22lr five rounds at a time. LOL

Let's Go Brandon! FJB
GB1

D
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
D
Far too many cyclists have zero regard for their safety, or for the safety of others around them. I've witnessed this over and over again where I live.

Anyone with decency and courtesy will slow down when coming from behind a person who probably can't hear them coming. Even a young person may not hear a cyclist!

The cyclist should be charged for what he caused!

Last edited by Dixie_Rebel; 03/20/24.

Liberalism is a cancer
Support Christian Family values
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by gunswizard
[Linked Image from i.postimg.cc]

There, there little one.

R
Campfire Ranger
Online Sleepy
Campfire Ranger
R
Originally Posted by gunswizard
Interesting to hear our .22 ammo hoarding friend quoting the Golden Rule, guess he doesn't feel it applies to buying ammo he doesn't need. And then bragging about it as though it is something other than selfish greed, that he feels worthy of adulation.

Boomer jealousy and envy

You sound like blackshart

Campfire Outfitter
Online Confused
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by Dixie_Rebel
Far too many cyclist have zero regard for their safety, or for the safety of others around them. I've witnessed this over and over again where I live.

Anyone with decency and courtesy will slow down when coming from behind a person who probably can't hear them coming. Even a young person may not hear a cyclist!

The cyclist should be charged for what he caused!

According to news reports the 62 YO bicyclist was not charged by the cops.

I did note in the story the 62 YO bicyclist claimed he rang is bell in addition to verbal warnings.

Given the bell ringing thing I've decided I need to give a warning when passing bicyclists on the road when driving my Expedition.

I'm intending to install Dual Locomotive horns on the Expedition. One forward facing, one facing to the right shoulder of road.

The Locomotive horns will have individual 40 CF air tanks and a 20 CFM @ 120 psi air compressor to keep the tanks topped off.

The goal is to allert the bicyclist(s) I'm approaching with a long blast with the forward facing Locomotive Horn, then add a long blast with the right facing Locomotive Horn as I pass.

These Locomotive Horns should add a measure of safety as well as a courtesy for the bicyclists.

GOA
IC B2

S
Campfire Regular
Online Content
Campfire Regular
S
People just need to stay the hell away from each other. Too many people in too small a space.

J
Campfire Oracle
Campfire Oracle
J
Originally Posted by Colorado1135
Does that mean we can hit cyclists as long as we honk our horns first and/or yell?

I like the way you think.

Ecc 10:2
The heart of the wise inclines to the right, but that of a fool to the left.

A Nation which leaves God behind is soon left behind.

"The Lord never asked anyone to be a tax collector, lowyer, or Redskins fan".

I Dindo Nuffin
J
Campfire Oracle
Campfire Oracle
J
Originally Posted by Teal
She's 81 years old. How far and how fast left could she have moved once she heard "on your left" and the bell?

Why was the cyclist trying to "buzz the tower" so to speak on this old lady?

She should have had better hearing aids. wink

Ecc 10:2
The heart of the wise inclines to the right, but that of a fool to the left.

A Nation which leaves God behind is soon left behind.

"The Lord never asked anyone to be a tax collector, lowyer, or Redskins fan".

I Dindo Nuffin
L
LBP Online Content
Campfire Outfitter
Online Content
Campfire Outfitter
L
Originally Posted by AKwolverine
Originally Posted by LBP
Originally Posted by AKwolverine
E-Bikes have only made the situation worse. People who could never have achieved 25 mph on a bike (think LBP style) now fly up and down the multiuse trails with reckless abandon.
Got any pics of the riders??

This is before she switched to an E bike.

Whoa Pard, I know my limitations!! 😬

Will Munny: It's a hell of a thing, killing a man. Take away all he's got and all he's ever gonna have.

The Schofield Kid: Yeah, well, I guess they had it coming.

Will Munny: We all got it coming, kid.
S
Campfire 'Bwana
Online Content
Campfire 'Bwana
S
Originally Posted by LBP
Whoa Pard, I know my limitations!! 😬

Not even Barry could put a dent in that one

A wise man is frequently humbled.

IC B3

G
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
G
Golden Rule applies to cycling and not to ammo buying ? Interesting concept, a selfish clod is a selfish bragadocious clod except when he's on his bicycle. Grandpa goes down to the gunshop to buy some .22 ammo so he can take his grandkids shooting only to find that Mr. P (Golden Rule) B has been there and bought all of the .22 ammo and is now home sitting at his computer looking for accolades from his internet buddies for his good deed.

Last edited by gunswizard; 03/21/24.
S
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
S
Originally Posted by Colorado1135
Does that mean we can hit cyclists as long as we honk our horns first and/or yell?

game on

S
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
S
Originally Posted by Raeford
[quote=Teal]She's 81 years old. How far and how fast left could she have moved once she heard "on your left" and the bell?

Why was the cyclist trying to "buzz the tower" so to speak on this old lady?

What if one has hearing issues?[/quote

WHAT

S
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
S
Originally Posted by 257Bob
We walk our dogs on a local multi-use trial for hikers/bikes/horses and the bikers come out of nowhere and make little effort to slow, mostly if we are really alert we have just enough time to pull our dogs aside and make way for the spandex bunch who have the attitude that they have the right of way, they don't! Before Paul tells me how biased I am, I've bought five bikes from local shops over the last decade but have mostly given up riding due to the azzwipes that fancy it in my city and they dangers of riding on the road. As far as I know, they rules for biking on multi-use trails suggest that they must ride under control and yield to horses and walkers.

carry a walking stick and ram it into there spokes, they will slow down, ask me how i know

Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
Originally Posted by Mr_TooDogs
Originally Posted by PaulBarnard
And of course we hold that value set wrt motorists who mow down cyclists, right?

Deflection ALLERT

This thread is about a selfish 62 YO bicyclist that killed a 81 YO woman pedestrian.

Retard alert. Another retard has chimed in.

Show me proof of the broad assertion that the OP wanted to limit the discussion to that. It's certainly not in the OP nor is it a norm in internet discussions to keep the conversation very narrowly focused. Given that you have flighty values, I can certainly see why my comment made you uncomfortable.

Photo below that you posted of yourself is a retard on full display. Paul digging in the nose.

Is that really you....so many wrinkles!

Attached Images
apple face.jpg (66.43 KB, 111 downloads)

Life (and forums) is like a box of animal crackers----There's a Jackass in every box
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by AZmark
Originally Posted by PaulBarnard
And of course we hold that value set wrt motorists who mow down cyclists, right?

Deflection ALLERT

This thread is about a selfish 62 YO bicyclist that killed a 81 YO woman pedestrian.

Retard alert. Another retard has chimed in.

Show me proof of the broad assertion that the OP wanted to limit the discussion to that. It's certainly not in the OP nor is it a norm in internet discussions to keep the conversation very narrowly focused. Given that you have flighty values, I can certainly see why my comment made you uncomfortable.

Photo below that you posted of yourself is a retard on full display. Paul digging in the nose.

Is that really you....so many wrinkles!

If you think that's a lot of wrinkles, you should see my penis when it's not happy. Lemme go find that pic for you. BRB.

V
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
V
OldmanoftheSea: If this incident really happened as "reported" then the cyclist has a "world of hurt" ahead for hisself!
The least of his worries will be a citation for negligent operation and what will really hurt will be the lawyer bills and the coming civil suit for wrongful death etc etc etc.
Shame this happened - because it should NOT have happened.
Hold into the wind
VarmintGuy

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by VarmintGuy
OldmanoftheSea: If this incident really happened as "reported" then the cyclist has a "world of hurt" ahead for hisself!
The least of his worries will be a citation for negligent operation and what will really hurt will be the lawyer bills and the coming civil suit for wrongful death etc etc etc.
Shame this happened - because it should NOT have happened.
Hold into the wind
VarmintGuy

It happened 12 years ago. I believe, based on what I know of the circumstances, that the rider exposed himself to substantial civil liability.

Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular

[Linked Image from i.postimg.cc][/quote]

Is that really you....so many wrinkles![/quote]

If you think that's a lot of wrinkles, you should see my penis when it's not happy. Lemme go find that pic for you. BRB.[/quote]

Oh! I thought that was your penis......my mistake!

Life (and forums) is like a box of animal crackers----There's a Jackass in every box
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by AZmark

Is that really you....so many wrinkles![/quote]

If you think that's a lot of wrinkles, you should see my penis when it's not happy. Lemme go find that pic for you. BRB.[/quote]

Oh! I thought that was your penis......my mistake![/quote]

lolololol

Page 5 of 7 1 2 3 4 5 6 7

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

623 members (10gaugemag, 12344mag, 06hunter59, 1234, 10gaugeman, 1337Fungi, 71 invisible), 2,378 guests, and 1,190 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,191,772
Posts18,476,877
Members73,942
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.