Hop To
Page 1 of 2 1 2
L
longarm Offline OP
Campfire Tracker
OP Offline
Campfire Tracker
L
Anyone have a solution that they like? I've been looking around and haven't found anything I'm crazy about. Was thinking a line of rope lights I could string in the peak of the tent, but am open to ideas.
Thanks

GB1

P
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
P
I got a box of cheap solar landscaping lights from the Depot and put one on each of the front tie-downs to keep from forgetting and stumbling over the ropes, and the rest inside near the walls to light up the canvas at night. They have a little off/on switch for times you want them off. The solar light strings would work hung from the ridgepole and the charger outside. Some come with a remote.

A
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
A
Milwaukee light and lithium battery!

L
longarm Offline OP
Campfire Tracker
OP Offline
Campfire Tracker
L
Originally Posted by Plumdog
I got a box of cheap solar landscaping lights from the Depot and put one on each of the front tie-downs to keep from forgetting and stumbling over the ropes, and the rest inside near the walls to light up the canvas at night. They have a little off/on switch for times you want them off. The solar light strings would work hung from the ridgepole and the charger outside. Some come with a remote.

That's a good idea, thanks.

Originally Posted by Ackleyfan
Milwaukee light and lithium battery!

And again!

Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
Inflatable Luci lights. They'll run 24 hours on a charge. The better ones can recharge cell phones. Recharge by solar or USB. They aren't super bright, 150 lumens for the best ones, but they do work very well. If you like a night light, leave one on low and it'll run a long time.

[Linked Image from m.media-amazon.com]

“In a time of deceit telling the truth is a revolutionary act.”
― George Orwell

It's not over when you lose. It's over when you quit.
IC B2

S
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
S
I have used GoalZero lights and the work pretty well.

Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
LUCI Solar string lights

SKU 1030-003-001-000
Only a suggestion. They were a gift from my son and pretty nifty.

I'm not cheap, I'm frugal.
[Linked Image]
V
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
V
Longarm: The wall tent we use in our high country Elk camp was brought in by horses and stashed.
We use it in September then again in late October early November. We use a propane powered lantern for plenty of light AND it can warm that tent to "bearable" even on the coldest days.
If you ever need light and heat look into a dual mantle propane lantern.
I am going to look into those solar charged landscape lights to augment the outside lighting at night.
Good luck in your quest.
Hold into the wind
VarmintGuy

L
longarm Offline OP
Campfire Tracker
OP Offline
Campfire Tracker
L
All: Thank you for the suggestions thus far.

VarmintGuy: the old Coleman lanterns have been my go-to for decades. I have more of them than I care to admit... so no doubt a couple will again go with me this May. Reason I was thinking the LED for in the tent is they are silent, and no gas to fuss with. We'll see how it goes. Happy camping!

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
This rechargeable camping light has a retractable string light (up to 10m):

https://www.sofirnlight.com/product...14-4086-a12c-9b2372b094d0.collection_1.6

"To compel a man to furnish funds for the propagation of ideas he disbelieves and abhors is sinful and tyrannical." -- Thomas Jefferson

We are all Rhodesians now.

IC B3

W
WMR Online Content
Campfire Tracker
Online Content
Campfire Tracker
W
I hate to run afoul of the Green Agenda, but no rechargeable for me. Small LED lights, powered by AA or AAA batteries are now our Go-To. Little flat ones from Menards are incredibly bright and long lasting. I recently got some cute little lanterns from Cabelas. Cheap and very bright, we added a few of them. We hardly use the Coleman lanterns any more.

B
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
B
I started using a portable 100 watt solar panel and a deep cycle battery. Get some RV LED lights and you’re set.

S
Campfire Member
Campfire Member
S
I have an old 12v leisure battery, an old LED floodlight with a length of cable and some crocodile clips. But they are all in the garage (but together right by the door) so not an "automatic" system.

P
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
P
Originally Posted by BeanMan
I started using a portable 100 watt solar panel and a deep cycle battery. Get some RV LED lights and you’re set.
^^This is how I wake up my chickens in winter. Have a little 12v timer, a coleman solar battery tender and three little LED white trailer marker lights. Just an ordinary car battery I had laying around, lasted from early Nov thru early Feb before the battery wore down and needed a real charging.

L
las Offline
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
L
Originally Posted by WMR
I hate to run afoul of the Green Agenda, but no rechargeable for me. Small LED lights, powered by AA or AAA batteries are now our Go-To. Little flat ones from Menards are incredibly bright and long lasting. I recently got some cute little lanterns from Cabelas. Cheap and very bright, we added a few of them. We hardly use the Coleman lanterns any more.

Our rec cabin is festooned with these little LED- some push start, some motion. And the lanterns.

I gotta pee at night... smile

The only true cost of having a dog is its death.

Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
had the link ready to post before I read through and see a couple others have suggested them.

Relative gifted us one, I've since bought a couple. Keep them in a sunny window for when the power goes out. Have one with the port for charging stuff just in case.

Use them when I go hunting for cooking on the tailgate of the truck, hang it from the pipe rack.

I like the string of lights idea too, might have to look into them.

https://mpowerd.com/collections/solar-lanterns

An old one, newer ones have a higher setting too

[Linked Image from i.postimg.cc]

The desert is a true treasure for him who seeks refuge from men and the evil of men.
In it is contentment
In it is death and all you seek
(Quoted from "The Bleeding of the Stone" Ibrahim Al-Koni)

member of the cabal of dysfunctional squirrels?
T
Campfire Member
Campfire Member
T
Another vote for the Milwaukee lights and batteries have done well for me.

T
Campfire Member
Campfire Member
T
Great headlamps from Milwaukee.comfortable and long lasting battery.

Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
About Milwaukee - they have the lantern 2363-20 by itself, no battery or charger. Home Depot sells it for $80, Amazon for $180.

“In a time of deceit telling the truth is a revolutionary act.”
― George Orwell

It's not over when you lose. It's over when you quit.
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
I use only battery powered lights when camping. Difficult to recharge batteries in the deep woods after they run out of juice.

Sam......

Page 1 of 2 1 2

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

170 members (1lesfox, 300jimmy, 12344mag, 219DW, 007FJ, 13 invisible), 1,389 guests, and 900 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,191,870
Posts18,478,702
Members73,947
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.